I'm just saying...

Pampered Mom

Pam, you should have taken a picture and told Mike that's what he should look like.

It's Disneyland!! June 2015 so not perfect timing for George's 60th Anniversary meet-up. Level 1 trip is at the Disneyland Hotel. Levels 2 and 3 are at the Grand Californian. This may be the only way to get DH to Disneyland.

clanmcculloch

expert on dietary needs and disney dining
Is level 1 highest or lowest? With what you're saying, I sure hope 1 is lowest. Sounds great regardless. It's Disney!!!

Pam, that's so funny! I bet you were picturing this happening to Mike the whole time you were helping this guy. It was nice of you to give him the opportunity to clean up before facing more people.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
I just had a really good laugh. My UPS guy stopped by with a few boxes, it's dark out so I turned on the porch light and went out to help him. I had to do a double-take when I first saw him because it looked like he was wearing sparkly eye shadow. Standing there talking with him, every time he turned or blinked his eyelids would glitter.

He's not exactly the kind of guy I would expect to wear makeup, but hey, to each his own, right?

I asked how his evening was going and he said, "Pretty good except this last place I delivered was a craft order that had glitter in tubes inside, and some of them must have broken open. There was glitter everywhere!"

I hesitated just a second before I asked him if he'd like to come inside and wash his face and hands, or if he'd rather leave his "Christmas face decor" intact. When he came inside, you should have seen his face - streaks of large red and tiny gold glitter pieces everywhere! He even had it inside his ears. His hands were absolutely covered in it!

It took us a good 15 minutes to get most of it off. As he was walking out I could still see some sparkle.

I teased him saying instead of being one of Santa's elves this year, it looks like he's going to be a Christmas Fairy. He laughed and said he should just borrow a pair of wings from his granddaughter and run with it. I wish he would, he'd look awesome.
I read a story once that started just like that. It went off in a different direction, however. :RpS_razz:

Pampered Mom

Is level 1 highest or lowest? With what you're saying, I sure hope 1 is lowest. Sounds great regardless. It's Disney!!!
Level 1 is the lowest. Level 3 gets an additional night and day of park hopper plus daily breakfast. One of my first thoughts was "do they have Magic Bands out there yet?" Once I paid more attention to breakfast being included on 2 and 3, I thought "that might cut into RD so I'm OK with not getting a free breakfast." Now I really need to go back and read people's reports on DL to get me motivated.

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
It's Disneyland!! June 2015 so not perfect timing for George's 60th Anniversary meet-up. Level 1 trip is at the Disneyland Hotel. Levels 2 and 3 are at the Grand Californian. This may be the only way to get DH to Disneyland.
Yay Becca! I think any of those three levels sounds wonderful! I'm just finalizing our own plans, we'll be there in 6 weeks!
I read a story once that started just like that. It went off in a different direction, however. :RpS_razz:
Yeah, if I didn't know him personally, that could have been weirdness. Although Mike says plenty of his customers invite him in all the time. I've read those kind of stories too George, and I always wondered about all his "ladies" out on route!

Mike's got all sorts of funny/crazy/stupid stories, I'm sure it's the same with anyone who has a job that deals with people in their own homes. My all-time favorite, I think I've mentioned it before, is the middle-aged nudist couple he used to deliver to. One time Mike was walking up to their doorstep and heard someone say "hi" close by, he looked to the side and there was the husband, up in a tree doing some trimming. Naked, of course. Mike said something about being careful and the guy said something about being sure to trim the right branch. Mike got out of there tout suite.

And speaking of nude, he used to also deliver at a stripper bar in the seedy part of town. One day the bartender wasn't in his normal place and the only other employee in sight was...uh...working on the dance floor. The package was signature required, so guess who he got the signature from? Yep.

I keep telling him they should all pool their stories and write a book.

blyday

tests unsafe roller coasts in china
Level 1 is the lowest. Level 3 gets an additional night and day of park hopper plus daily breakfast. One of my first thoughts was "do they have Magic Bands out there yet?" Once I paid more attention to breakfast being included on 2 and 3, I thought "that might cut into RD so I'm OK with not getting a free breakfast." Now I really need to go back and read people's reports on DL to get me motivated.
You will be able to do EMH with the onsite stay....which is a good thing at DLR. So, say the parks open at 9 AM (openings at DLR vary based on the time of year....so it could be 8 AM that time of year....and most likely will be on the weekends if not during the week), you can get into the park for an 8 AM EMH, tour like crazy and then have breakfast set up for 10:30 AM....so more of a brunch. If you do Minnie's Breakfast at Plaza Inn.....that is inside of DL so easy to get to. Your other options will be Ariel's Grotto (inside of California Adventure), Storytellers in the Grand Californian, and Goofy's Kitchen at Disneyland Hotel. (Please don't do the PCH Grill....the interaction there is okay, food less then special and well....just not worth going out of your way to get to.) Either of those would take you less then 30 minutes from the time you say, we need to head to breakfast until are you at the restaurant...so easy to fit in also.

I personally would be shooting for level 3...an extra day in the parks, a fun breakfast and staying at the Grand Californian.....I'd be in heaven!!!

Good Luck!!!

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
And speaking of nude, he used to also deliver at a stripper bar in the seedy part of town. One day the bartender wasn't in his normal place and the only other employee in sight was...uh...working on the dance floor. The package was signature required, so guess who he got the signature from? Yep.
He probably left out the part where he held the signature pad unusually low.... :RpS_wub:

vatmark

wears a coca-cola shirt to club cool just in case
Yay Becca! I think any of those three levels sounds wonderful! I'm just finalizing our own plans, we'll be there in 6 weeks!

Yeah, if I didn't know him personally, that could have been weirdness. Although Mike says plenty of his customers invite him in all the time. I've read those kind of stories too George, and I always wondered about all his "ladies" out on route!

Mike's got all sorts of funny/crazy/stupid stories, I'm sure it's the same with anyone who has a job that deals with people in their own homes. My all-time favorite, I think I've mentioned it before, is the middle-aged nudist couple he used to deliver to. One time Mike was walking up to their doorstep and heard someone say "hi" close by, he looked to the side and there was the husband, up in a tree doing some trimming. Naked, of course. Mike said something about being careful and the guy said something about being sure to trim the right branch. Mike got out of there tout suite.

I keep telling him they should all pool their stories and write a book.
That would be a funny book. I never really thought about the situations some of these UPS guys get into. My UPS person is a woman and she drops the package, rings the doorbell and is gone.

Ann

runDisneygirl

I like anonymity. But if I want to take those baby steps back to being a travel agent, working from home, I think I need to get on Facebook. After talking with some moms that I regularly see and fellow Disney nerds, I think this is the way to go. I've already got a local agency that's willing to work with me. I just need the clients.

Isn't it ironic that I come to these public boards to share a fear of being public? :RpS_blink:

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
Isn't it ironic that I come to these public boards to share a fear of being public? :RpS_blink:
Yeah, but I'm the same way! I love this group of stranger/friends because I can talk about things that I would never say to our acquaintances or family members. It's those people who actually know where I live and could come and visit in person that scare me.

blyday

Good news....got a call for the person replacing me a the ATM job...he was picking up his name badge at the airport...so finger prints are back!! Now I just need to mail all of the equipment back to the company and turn in my name badges to the airports and I'm done with that job forever!!!!

vatmark

wears a coca-cola shirt to club cool just in case
Good news....got a call for the person replacing me a the ATM job...he was picking up his name badge at the airport...so finger prints are back!! Now I just need to mail all of the equipment back to the company and turn in my name badges to the airports and I'm done with that job forever!!!!
Woohoo!!! :RpS_thumbsup:

Ann

Lcsmolcha

That's beyond good news - that's awesome news! Hooray!!! :whoo:

Goofballs

90-day pre-arrival mailing?

Just received a fancy marketing package (incredibles theme) with our room-only reservation information, a full color "personalized" brochure, and a Mickey flash drive.

For my two-night room only reservation, it seems like a crazy amount of marketing budget to spend.

Is this standard?

blyday

90-day pre-arrival mailing?

Just received a fancy marketing package (incredibles theme) with our room-only reservation information, a full color "personalized" brochure, and a Mickey flash drive.

For my two-night room only reservation, it seems like a crazy amount of marketing budget to spend.

Is this standard?
Yep. From what I've been reading you'll get it for a one night stay also, even if you are doing a one night room only and then starting a package, you'll get one for both reservations!!

Lcsmolcha

So my DD4 is having an outpatient surgery today. We've been very low-key about it, trying to keep her stress down, mostly successfully. I'm sure she'll give me grief when we go to get in the car, but I'm prepared for that. What I forgot to expect is my DS9 (Mr. Anxious) would be a nervous wreck about the whole thing. Last night we had long talks about it, how she will be just fine, best doctors and nurses, etc. Then this morning he threw up and couldn't eat because he's in a panic. So... emails to teacher and school psych to give them the head's up that he's likely going to be a wreck and not able to focus on schoolwork. *Sigh*

wgwtgb

So my DD4 is having an outpatient surgery today. We've been very low-key about it, trying to keep her stress down, mostly successfully. I'm sure she'll give me grief when we go to get in the car, but I'm prepared for that. What I forgot to expect is my DS9 (Mr. Anxious) would be a nervous wreck about the whole thing. Last night we had long talks about it, how she will be just fine, best doctors and nurses, etc. Then this morning he threw up and couldn't eat because he's in a panic. So... emails to teacher and school psych to give them the head's up that he's likely going to be a wreck and not able to focus on schoolwork. *Sigh*
:hug: to you and your family today. I'll keep you all in my thoughts.