I'm just saying...

Pampered Mom

Becca, check to see if your internet service provide has some kind of online storage that comes with your service. You can use that storage the same way you would use google docs.
Now you're getting too techie for me. I kinda know what you're talking about. I'll see what they have. I get impressed when people use online sign-up things for school volunteering and parties.

It's a deal! We'll crash George's party.
Well duh, I was planning that we would stay with George and Greg and have them squire us around. Security gate? That will be no match for our womanly wiles.

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
I'm not very good at the womanly wiles stuff, so I think I'll have to go the alcohol route - or learn to ninja.

M

Merida

My 4-year old keeps telling me that his teachers are teaching him bad language at school. I ask him what kind of language and he says, "French"

... and on a side note, he watched a bit of the first Harry Potter movie with him (none of the bits that could scare him though) and he's been walking around the house and speaking to everyone in a proper British accent.

He makes me laugh.

clanmcculloch

expert on dietary needs and disney dining
Well, in his defense, haven't you ever heard anybody say "pardon my french" when swearing?

I just ordered the complete seasons 1 - 7 on DVD for DD15's 16th birthday present. She turns 16 on the 16th. She still hasn't said what she wants to do to celebrate. We'll do something next weekend. She's not a party kind of gal so we've told her to choose what she wants to do that day. She hasn't come up with anything. Even for a restaurant she can't decide since she wants to go somewhere different from where we typically go even though she does love the Japanese restaurant we usually go to for sushi. We can drive into Boston to do something for the day (we'll do something next weekend instead of actually ON her birthday) but I don't know what to suggest to her. She wants to do something special since it's a milestone birthday (at least she sees it as such and I don't want to discourage that since she usually doesn't want to do much outside the house or really be the official center of attention unless she's showing off her artwork) but I'm at a loss. I'd love suggestions if anybody has ideas. I wonder if there's any kind of comic show or museum?

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
My 4-year old keeps telling me that his teachers are teaching him bad language at school. I ask him what kind of language and he says, "French"
Hahahahaha!!!!! How hilarious!

Trudy, are there any art shows or galleries she's interested in? What about the Museum of Fine Arts? Or don't they have a contemporary art institute? That might suit her better?

Okay, I couldn't keep it to myself.

My husband has just booked our first trip to WDW to celebrate my, ahem, big birthday in October. We fly out on the 11th October for 2 weeks with our wee ones. DD will be 6 by then and is princess mad and our DS, who will be 3 and carries a Mickey Mouse everywhere.

I am, one, in a state of mild shock, secondly, extremely excited and thirdly, but not lastly, absolutely terrified at the thought of all the planning ahead.:RpS_scared:

blyday

tests unsafe roller coasts in china

My husband has just booked our first trip to WDW to celebrate my, ahem, big birthday in October. We fly out on the 11th October for 2 weeks with our wee ones. DD will be 6 by then and is princess mad and our DS, who will be 3 and carries a Mickey Mouse everywhere.

I am, one, in a state of mild shock, secondly, extremely excited and thirdly, but not lastly, absolutely terrified at the thought of all the planning ahead.:RpS_scared:
Congrats!! You'll have a great time!! And you have lots of time to plan so you'll be good there. We will be here to help you all along the way.

Pampered Mom

My 4-year old keeps telling me that his teachers are teaching him bad language at school. I ask him what kind of language and he says, "French
Too funny!!

How exciting!! If you're hanging around here, then the planning is the fun part for you. We love having the Scots around here. Now it's time to change your signature ;)

Trudy, when DD turns 12 in June, she wants to go to the Cheesecake Factory with a couple of friends as her "party." She has never been there. First I'm going to make her look at the menu. I'm sure there will be several things there that she will eat. She just likes the idea of cheesecake. Alternatively she'll take those same friends to 6 Flags for the day like we did last year. It was part of DH's company picnic so we only had to pay for her friends.

When I turned 16, my parents took me out to dinner and surprised me by having 2 of my best friends there and a few balloons on the back of my chair. It was a restaurant I had never been to before. I can still remember that there was a dessert cart, probably the first time I had seen one. It's been so long since I've been to Boston that I can't think of anything. Maybe look at an events calendar on a tourism website to see if anything special is going on.

M

Merida

How exciting!!!! :)

DisneyMom

Nice grab; this username is going to be worth more
Well, in his defense, haven't you ever heard anybody say "pardon my french" when swearing?

I just ordered the complete seasons 1 - 7 on DVD for DD15's 16th birthday present. She turns 16 on the 16th. She still hasn't said what she wants to do to celebrate. We'll do something next weekend. She's not a party kind of gal so we've told her to choose what she wants to do that day. She hasn't come up with anything. Even for a restaurant she can't decide since she wants to go somewhere different from where we typically go even though she does love the Japanese restaurant we usually go to for sushi. We can drive into Boston to do something for the day (we'll do something next weekend instead of actually ON her birthday) but I don't know what to suggest to her. She wants to do something special since it's a milestone birthday (at least she sees it as such and I don't want to discourage that since she usually doesn't want to do much outside the house or really be the official center of attention unless she's showing off her artwork) but I'm at a loss. I'd love suggestions if anybody has ideas. I wonder if there's any kind of comic show or museum?
What series did you get her Trudy?

Have you guys been to Blue Man Group before? We went in Boston and really enjoyed it.

Lcsmolcha

Trudy, what about the ICA in Boston? That might be different. Then a restaurant in the Seaport district.

I remember going into Boston to see a movie and then out to eat around that age. It was a big deal because it was Boston plus it was a film that didn't make it out to the burbs. Maybe check what's playing at the Fenway or Common theaters, or even Kendall Square or Coolidge Corner for something hard to find elsewhere.

Janine

this site is awesome. i've never visited, but i l
Trudy,
Isabella Stewart Gardner museum? Blue Man Group (as was suggested above)? Shear Madness?

clanmcculloch

expert on dietary needs and disney dining
Thank you everybody for all the great suggestions. You've all given me so many terrific ideas to look into and discuss with her.

Trudy, are there any art shows or galleries she's interested in? What about the Museum of Fine Arts? Or don't they have a contemporary art institute? That might suit her better?
I figured galleries/art museums would be on the list of things to suggest to her. She's so bad at decisions that I'll probably have to decide for her but it's definitely on the list.

Sounds GREAT!! What a perfect way to celebrate.

Trudy, when DD turns 12 in June, she wants to go to the Cheesecake Factory with a couple of friends as her "party." She has never been there. First I'm going to make her look at the menu. I'm sure there will be several things there that she will eat. She just likes the idea of cheesecake. Alternatively she'll take those same friends to 6 Flags for the day like we did last year. It was part of DH's company picnic so we only had to pay for her friends.

When I turned 16, my parents took me out to dinner and surprised me by having 2 of my best friends there and a few balloons on the back of my chair. It was a restaurant I had never been to before. I can still remember that there was a dessert cart, probably the first time I had seen one. It's been so long since I've been to Boston that I can't think of anything. Maybe look at an events calendar on a tourism website to see if anything special is going on.
Because of allergies we're much more limited in restaurants. Without allergies the Cheesecake Factory or other restaurant where desserts are a feature would be great but I don't know of a single restaurant within an hour's drive that has dessert she can eat.

Tourism website is a great idea!!

What series did you get her Trudy?

Have you guys been to Blue Man Group before? We went in Boston and really enjoyed it.
Oops, I didn't say did I? :RpS_blushing: I got her seasons 1 - 7 of Doctor Who on DVD. I had actually typed out some other stuff but had deleted it and obviously didn't read what I ended up posting.

Hmmmmm...... Blue Man Group might be a good idea. I'll look at what kinds of tickets are available and talk to her and DH about it if there are actually decent tickets available for upcoming shows.

Trudy, what about the ICA in Boston? That might be different. Then a restaurant in the Seaport district.

I remember going into Boston to see a movie and then out to eat around that age. It was a big deal because it was Boston plus it was a film that didn't make it out to the burbs. Maybe check what's playing at the Fenway or Common theaters, or even Kendall Square or Coolidge Corner for something hard to find elsewhere.
ICA looks really interesting. I'm going to have to explore that site to see what kinds of stuff they have. I'm sure I could find a restaurant in the area where we could eat. Great suggestions on other things to check out in Boston for the weekend as well. Thanks!

Trudy,
Isabella Stewart Gardner museum? Blue Man Group (as was suggested above)? Shear Madness?
Shear Madness does look like a fun show. I'll add it to the list of shows to look at for tickets and discuss with her if there are tickets available. Isabella Stewart Gardner museum does look like another really nice art museum. I think I need to put together a list of galleries/art museums and their main features to try to narrow down which to go to, even if we don't go for her birthday. We really should check some out over time.

Again, thank you everybody!!