I'm just saying...

DisneyMom

Nice grab; this username is going to be worth more
Oops, I didn't say did I? :RpS_blushing: I got her seasons 1 - 7 of Doctor Who on DVD. I had actually typed out some other stuff but had deleted it and obviously didn't read what I ended up posting.

Hmmmmm...... Blue Man Group might be a good idea. I'll look at what kinds of tickets are available and talk to her and DH about it if there are actually decent tickets available for upcoming shows.
I'm cheap and we got the discounted tickets with an obstructed view from the booth near the market.
Before the show they were announcing birthdays and things I think so find out how to get in on that if you do go.

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
Blue Man Group is fun and has a very cool and different way of looking at life. I'll bet your daughter would get a kick out of it.

clanmcculloch

expert on dietary needs and disney dining
I don't have AAA but I did find an AARP discount. My concern though is that it gives "best available" seats in a certain section. I can't find any fine print indicating if seats booked together are guaranteed to actually be beside each other.

clanmcculloch

Shear Madness does look really good. I should probably ask her if she'd rather a show or art museum for the day. Last night I mentioned an art gallery or art museum as an option and she got really excited. I wonder which she'd prefer? I can totally see her loving Blue Man Group as well as Shear Madness but I also know she's love a day at a gallery.

DisneyMom

Nice grab; this username is going to be worth more
I don't have AAA but I did find an AARP discount. My concern though is that it gives "best available" seats in a certain section. I can't find any fine print indicating if seats booked together are guaranteed to actually be beside each other.
I'd be inclined to think that if you were requesting x number they would be together. That's typically how it works. It doesn't sound like it shows a picture? Does it give you seat numbers before you purchase?

clanmcculloch

I'd be inclined to think that if you were requesting x number they would be together. That's typically how it works. It doesn't sound like it shows a picture? Does it give you seat numbers before you purchase?
You would think it would work that way but I'd hate to make an assumption. No, they don't give the seat numbers until after purchasing.

Pampered Mom

I scored One Direction tickets before they went on sale to the general public through a Facebook page. I think you're not on FB. Want me to look to see if there is a page that gets you discounted tickets? Maybe the discount will be better than what you're getting. I know a lot of companies offer specials through their social media. I generally don't think of it, though. Doh!

clanmcculloch

I hadn't even considered Facebook. I'll have to look around there. She really liked the idea of the two shows but can't decide between them so I told her I'd decide based on what kind of tickets I can get.

pfalcioni

Doing a mini happy dance right now. I just checked the Disneyland schedule to make sure there weren't any major changes for the days we'll be there, and it looks like they've pushed back the Pirates refurb! I am so happy! It was bad enough that Big Thunder and IASW were down, but to miss out on Pirates which is one of our favorites would have been a real bummer.

blyday

tests unsafe roller coasts in china
Yay!!! Pirates is definitely a good score!! As you've mentioned before....so much better then the one at WDW.

gorsh

Goofus D. Dawg
Pam, I don't think I realized you were going to Disneyland! Wasn't there a point in time when you didn't think you would have any Disney for a while? So glad to hear you have a trip planned and that you will at least have POTC--that is my all time favorite ride!!! It has been many years since I have been to Disneyland; I was a kid, but I remember even then at a young age that Disneyland's POTC was better than at WDW.

pfalcioni

You're right Kate, I thought we probably wouldn't be back to WDW until after Mike retires in a couple of years - however, he's been really pining for Florida the last few weeks, and saying he can't believe we're not going this year, so that might change!

We've got 2 DL/CA days planned - I keep hoping to stretch it to 3, but the weather looks like it's going to be way too good to not take a trip out to Catalina Island, so I guess it'll be 2.

Brenda, I know it's silly, but I really was a bit depressed when I found out it was going to be closed - I do love it so much more than the WDW version!

clanmcculloch

Just got great news. A chef from Sanaa just called and we had a great chat. With the stuff they always have on hand they're able to do all sorts of great stuff for us with our lists of allergies. Even the gluten free "bread" (papadam) they use for the bread service is safe for all 3 of us which is amazing since it's REALLY hard to find bread products for DD15. If it's any good I'll have to find out if it's possible to get at home since I have yet to find crackers that she can actually eat that have an actual cracker-like texture (the ones I've found are more like sheets of puffed corn). She even has regular stuff in her kitchen that's always made up for serving for dessert; stuff that's actually different than what we get everywhere else and that DD15 can actually eat. She even said she could prepare things like tandoori chicken with a different spice mixture since the regular stuff has something DD15 can't eat. She said she can make an exciting alternative for almost anything on the menu. This chef was really great and I'm looking forward to meeting her. She said she'll be the chef working on the day we're there for lunch. She's also gluten intolerant so she really gets it. I'm so excited!

I actually didn't expect to hear from chefs this trip since I didn't ask any questions or request anybody call this time when I sent in our allergy form but she said she wanted to talk to me to find out if I had any questions since we just have so many people with so many allergies.

One reason I've been wanting to stay at AKL is to try all the restaurants without having to deal with transportation. I'm getting even more excited now.