I'm just saying...

mgarbowski

Typical Disney IT:

I check the details of our upcoming reservation and under "Hotel Account Charges," it lists a credit card with expiration of 01/19. I'm surprised because I was pretty sure I updated it. But I hit the Edit button to update it now, and it shows the same card with the correct current expiration date of a few years from now. When I cancel the change form and revert to the summary page, it again shows the expired date.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
Typical Disney IT:

I check the details of our upcoming reservation and under "Hotel Account Charges," it lists a credit card with expiration of 01/19. I'm surprised because I was pretty sure I updated it. But I hit the Edit button to update it now, and it shows the same card with the correct current expiration date of a few years from now. When I cancel the change form and revert to the summary page, it again shows the expired date.
The real test is when you try to pay with the expired card!

BSS

Tomorrow is FP day. Why is it that no matter how many times I've done it, I always get a little nervous for FP day?

George

Tomorrow is FP day. Why is it that no matter how many times I've done it, I always get a little nervous for FP day?
Because everything rides on the success of getting everything perfect!

Seriously, if you’ve done it so many times you’ll realize that you really only need a small handful of hard-to-get FPPs, and the rest will fall into place as you go along.

BSS

Because everything rides on the success of getting everything perfect!

Seriously, if you’ve done it so many times you’ll realize that you really only need a small handful of hard-to-get FPPs, and the rest will fall into place as you go along.
Seriously! I'm not even trying for SDD and we have FOP late enough in the trip that it shouldn't be an issue. Nothing else is that hard to get and I've always had success moving things around if I start with a less than ideal time. Once we get there we will barely even look at our plan and will adapt on the fly. I totally spaced ADR day this time and still got everything I wanted. I have no idea why I am this way.

Two words: Disney IT
:RpS_laugh:

BSS

Disney IT was the winning answer. I was able to make a couple FP before Olaf got me and now the system says it can't make or modify any FP at this time.

jillyb

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversa
Sorry Jen :RpS_sad: I had issues with FP at my 60 day mark for the trip I took in May. Like you, I was able to make a couple (the ones that mattered!) but after that I couldn't make anymore. As soon as I got to work I logged in and got the rest of my FPs. I was lucky to be able to get the rest of the FPs I wanted without any problems. It probably helped that it was just me. Hope you have better luck later.

BSS

Sorry Jen :RpS_sad: I had issues with FP at my 60 day mark for the trip I took in May. Like you, I was able to make a couple (the ones that mattered!) but after that I couldn't make anymore. As soon as I got to work I logged in and got the rest of my FPs. I was lucky to be able to get the rest of the FPs I wanted without any problems. It probably helped that it was just me. Hope you have better luck later.
This is EXACTLY what happened this morning. I got my FOPs and 7DMTs then it crashed. Once I got to the office I was able to get everything else without issue (there are only 2 of us so that helps). So, it all turned out fine in the end - as it most always does. :RpS_smile:

jillyb

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversa
This is EXACTLY what happened this morning. I got my FOPs and 7DMTs then it crashed. Once I got to the office I was able to get everything else without issue (there are only 2 of us so that helps). So, it all turned out fine in the end - as it most always does. :RpS_smile:
Glad it worked out!

Anne

Dining in a tourist town in Northern Wisconsin has made me more appreciative of Disney food service. We may pay through the nose at Disney, but at least it's generally edible and there are lots of options. Here we are paying through the nose ($100 for lunch for 2 adults and 2 kids no alcohol) and it is next to impossible to find any kind of fresh produce or entrees that are NOT deep fried. And the "sirloin" steak makes Outback and Texas Roadhouse look gourmet.

George

I’m not happy with the way Disney is trending toward motion simulator rides.
Here here. They all seem the same, with different overlays. And the sheeple keep flocking to them. FOMO is the order of the day lately.

Interested in seeing the new Chinese Theatre attraction; at least it’s different.

stevenmilz

josh's date at akershus
OK, something's bothering me so I figured I'd ask my fellow easyWDW forum-ites, who seem to be fairly level-headed and mostly sane, for an opinion. :RpS_wink: My two kids (12 and 10) had an orthodontist appointment yesterday. They both have Herbst appliances (look them up if you're unfamiliar - they're quite a hunk of metal). Anyway, my wife is out-of-town for work and I was at work, so our 18-yr old nanny took the kids to their appointment. No problem as it was supposed to be fairly routine. Come to find out that the orthodontist (or more likely one of the techs) pulled two of my 10-yr-old's baby teeth. That in of itself isn't a huge issue - one of them needed to come out for sure because the adult tooth was pushing it all catawampus. What's bothering me is that they pulled the teeth without any consent. No one called me, or my wife, or even consulted with the nanny. They just pulled the teeth. Thoughts? Should I be perturbed about this? Should I call the office and ask "WTF" or just let it go?

George

OK, something's bothering me so I figured I'd ask my fellow easyWDW forum-ites, who seem to be fairly level-headed and mostly sane, for an opinion. :RpS_wink: My two kids (12 and 10) had an orthodontist appointment yesterday. They both have Herbst appliances (look them up if you're unfamiliar - they're quite a hunk of metal). Anyway, my wife is out-of-town for work and I was at work, so our 18-yr old nanny took the kids to their appointment. No problem as it was supposed to be fairly routine. Come to find out that the orthodontist (or more likely one of the techs) pulled two of my 10-yr-old's baby teeth. That in of itself isn't a huge issue - one of them needed to come out for sure because the adult tooth was pushing it all catawampus. What's bothering me is that they pulled the teeth without any consent. No one called me, or my wife, or even consulted with the nanny. They just pulled the teeth. Thoughts? Should I be perturbed about this? Should I call the office and ask "WTF" or just let it go?
Did they mention anything to the 18 year-old “guardian?” I don’t have kids, but it can’t be right to perform a non-emergency procedure, no matter how innocuous, without parental consent. I can ask Greg, who’s a physician, about the appropriateness of this.

stevenmilz

josh's date at akershus
Did they mention anything to the 18 year-old “guardian?” I don’t have kids, but it can’t be right to perform a non-emergency procedure, no matter how innocuous, without parental consent. I can ask Greg, who’s a physician, about the appropriateness of this.
Nope. My 10-yr old daughter just strolled out when she was finished and showed the nanny where they had pulled two teeth.

3dadknight

I’m on my third kid with braces. Two of them have had various baby teeth pulled. The orthodontist had told us at the outset about the need to do so during the course of the braces. Is this one of those situations where they told you about it when they first explained how things would go, or was this something that they just figured out was needed and did it? If it was explained early on (and maybe forgotten) I wouldn’t be too perturbed. If it was something they just decided to do, I would have expected them to inform me (the parent) beforehand and would mention it at the next appointment. Basically, would you have said “no” to the tooth pulling if asked? If you would have ok’d it, there is no need to raise a big stink about it, but simply mention that you would want a phone call before any similar procedure. You never know how people will react if you come across as very upset. You might find that your choice of appointment times is not the most convenient in the future.