I'm just saying...

geek1997

My 10yo made a statement about humans only having been around for 2,021 years today. Which turned into a ten minute conversation wherein I tried to explain AD vs BC and that there are different calendars depending on religion and what country you live in and she really took my blathering pretty well.

Strangeite

My 10yo made a statement about humans only having been around for 2,021 years today. Which turned into a ten minute conversation wherein I tried to explain AD vs BC and that there are different calendars depending on religion and what country you live in and she really took my blathering pretty well.
I completely understand. My wife tweeted this a couple months ago.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
So I went to Cast Connection the other day. It is the cast member store but you can bring friends with you as long as you have said cast member with you. Growing up in Seattle, we would go on cruises to Alaska every other year or so for a while because the port is basically right there.

magnets.jpg

They have a lot of outlet sorts of items or items they can't sell. Obviously there were no cruises to Alaska this year, but this set of magnets was six bucks and I couldn't help myself with the art being so precious and only a few of the magnets having the year. I figure if we ever actually go on the Wonder we can just cross the year out with a Sharpie and write in 2029. Maybe they still make Wite-Out.

BSS

Love those magnets! We have been to Alaska a few times both on cruises and on independent land trips. It is one of my favorite places (both Southeast and South-Central). I'm supposed to be taking my mom next summer (was 2020, then 2021, now 2022...we'll see). This summer we'll have to "settle" for Yellowstone and Glacier. :cool:

Disneyfan

we can just cross the year out with a Sharpie and write in 2029. Maybe they still make Wite-Out.
This was my plan with a 2020 Family Vacation Magic Band! When I went to pick a Magic Band (couldn't help myself), I really liked the outdated one better than the 2021 version. But, I changed my mind and got a Disney Mom one. With the new iPhone thingy, I may not even wear the Magic Band. IDK. But I don't have an Apple watch and I hate digging my phone out of my park bag.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
The MagicBand seems handy enough. My front door has an app now you can use to open it, and I can't figure out how anyone thought getting out your phone, unlocking it, opening an app, moving over to the right screen, hoping the app and Bluetooth and everything work, pressing more buttons, etc. was easier than using a key. Maybe if I had that microchip embedded.