I'm just saying...

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
Great scene, great movie.
It’s really held up over the years. I took a look at it again during the lockdown, and marveled at its foreign film sensibilities. A beautiful film almost entirely about character and setting.

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
It’s really held up over the years. I took a look at it again during the lockdown, and marveled at its foreign film sensibilities. A beautiful film almost entirely about character and setting.

Did you see Tucci's show on CNN? It has a Bourdain feel to it, but with Tucci's grace vs. Bourdain's snark.

Mrs Darling

Cory Doctorow has a three part piece on Disney and the challenges of crowd control and load balancing.

Here is a link to the first part, which is primarily about the history of the parks and the competing interests. All three are worth a read.
This is a great read. Thanks! Looks like there’s going to be a part 4 too.

Ive finally gotten around to reading Disney Wars this week on vacation. What a dysfunctional bunch of …jerks. My teen girls have less drama in their lives. Sheesh. How they managed to get anything accomplished is beyond me, but I’m pretty sure if even half of that is true, it was despite Eisner instead of being due to his “leadership”

ThemeParkCommando

In Italy’s defense, most people who go to WDW (think people in scooters staring at their cracked screen devices) don’t know s$it about Italian food. I’ve had conversations with the maitre d’ at Tutto Italia) about this very thing.
I am one of those people who don't know anything about Italian food. I do know that the best Italian entree's I've ever had did not include pasta.
Chicken Piccata and Tuscan steak are favorites of mine. I am not good with a true Italian flavor palette, and I'm not a great fan of tomatoes or a lot of parmesan cheese. My idea of spaghetti is very Americanized.

George

Ed Asner was one of the Good Guys. He never faltered in his humanitarianism. The world needs more people like him.

Everyone (justifiably) remembers the opening to Up, but this sequence is just as moving. He recently said he still can't watch Up without crying.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
I asked Testa if he wanted to do a podcast about all the changes back in like March, Genie stuff etc. and made like one hundred concessions and he still brought up something (a joke I had made and passed on to a member of their staff) that wasn't actually true from like eight years ago. Who wouldn't listen to me and Testa bicker for 30 minutes every week? It was a no-brainer. The list of concessions was egregious. Would have been great content though.

George

I asked Testa if he wanted to do a podcast about all the changes back in like March, Genie stuff etc. and made like one hundred concessions and he still brought up something (a joke I had made and passed on to a member of their staff) that wasn't actually true from like eight years ago. Who wouldn't listen to me and Testa bicker for 30 minutes every week? It was a no-brainer. The list of concessions was egregious. Would have been great content though.
Big bowls of M&Ms in his dressing room with the green ones picked out?

RetroCOTfan

That this hasn't happened (and won't) is the saddest thing I've heard all week. Way to ruin my Friday Eve, @josh.

RetroCOTfan

Big bowls of M&Ms in his dressing room with the green ones picked out?
Insert <I understood that reference> gif. :LOL:

The reasoning behind the origins of this (actual, not urban) legend is interesting - and logical/legitimate enough that we studied it in contracts class in law school.

Strangeite

Insert <I understood that reference> gif. :LOL:

The reasoning behind the origins of this (actual, not urban) legend is interesting - and logical/legitimate enough that we studied it in contracts class in law school.

The reason for the M&Ms was valid because of the nature of their show, but as someone that has negotiated a bunch of contracts with bands over the years, not all their "demands" fall into that category. These days, I have taken to crossing out large sections of the contract before signing it. Never once have I had an agent not return to me a signed contract with those parts still crossed out.