Important travel links and information

jilly7896

proud to keep the transportation forum the most ci
I am going to compile a list of useful tips, links and information. This is just a start! Much more to come! If you have something you would like to add, please respond to the post and I will add it! Thank you!

Around the Parks

Maps of Disney Parks and Resorts

Tranportation wizard at Ourlaughingplace

WDW Bus schedules

Good site if you are staying off site and are not familiar with the Kissimmee area

A link to help you estimate your cab fare around Disney Orlando Taxi Fare Finder

Travel by Car

Tons of travel info!
WDW.com Transporation page

Driving and need to budget for gasoline? Check out the AAA fuel cost calculator

I-95 info page contains exit information for the Main Street of the east coast

The I-75 exit information guide is a similar site for the interstate that runs from Michigan to Florida

National Speet Trap Exchange (just in case :RpS_laugh:)

AutoSlash a free website which will monitor rental car rates and e-mail you if rates drop. They keep track of promotions and coupons. They'll even monitor reservations you've already made.

Travel by Plane or Train

TSA Guidelines

Flying and want to know which seats are the best and which are the worst? Check out the Seat Guru!

Amtrak Autotrain www.amtrak.com/autotrain

This link is good for checking AutoTrain rates for a range of up to 30 days. If you have a flexible travel schedule, this helps finding the cheapest rates.
http://amsnag.net/ Use codes LOR for Lorton, VA and SFA for Sanford, FL.

Last edited:

jilly7896

proud to keep the transportation forum the most ci

britkate

Just wondering if there was anywhere to remind non-US visitors that they now need an International Driving Licence. This is a massive change and so if people are travelling soon they need to get it sorted out fast. It has been law since Jan but I think holiday companies were assuming or hoping that rental cars would be exempt but this isnt the case.

I dont know if this applies to Canadian visitors too.

They are not being lenient for anyone there without the International Licence either even though noone has known about it before this week.