In case anyone still lurks over there. . .

daleNchip

TGM is "no longer accepting new members".

If your membership is still active and you want to brave it out with the remaining few, be sure to log in and change your dates to 12/31/16.

Let me be clear: This is not an invitation to TGM-bash. It is not possible for me to care any less what you think of the site nor the man. This is a public service announcement, nothing more.

mk

vicki_c

THE RULES!!!
Thank you MK. I just changed my dates over ther last week but not that far out. Must go change my cruise date to 2016.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
I just updated my trip date to December, 2016, for what that's worth.

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
I know we all saw it coming, and they should have done it a year ago, but it's still darned sad. It was such a wonderful resource, and made our first WDW trip into one of many rather than a one-time-only experience.

That said, I'm now even more grateful to Josh for creating EasyWDW. And yes, I still feel guilty not paying to play here.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
I still get a kick out of the fact that there's literally nothing automatic about the Automated Vacation Planner. At least they're still promising a new version.

Tinkerkell

Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust!
My membership just expired, and before I heard this news I had already decided not to renew for the first time since 2005.

Olga

I know we all saw it coming, and they should have done it a year ago, but it's still darned sad. It was such a wonderful resource, and made our first WDW trip into one of many rather than a one-time-only experience.

That said, I'm now even more grateful to Josh for creating EasyWDW. And yes, I still feel guilty not paying to play here.
^ this :RpS_thumbup:

I think TGM-bashing (as OP warned us against) is common and understandable from those people who either just joined to find an outdated site, or others who maintained a paid membership for the last few years and got no new information in return. I, however, will always have a soft spot for TGM since he taught me how not to be a "them". I discovered his site frustrated on my 3rd trip to WDW, and it probably would have been the last visit if it wasn't for Mike. In a way, it also brought me to you guys - I would have probably never found this site nor Josh if I wasn't searching for a resource to replace TGM.

bnoble

he's right
If your membership is still active and you want to brave it out with the remaining few, be sure to log in and change your dates to 12/31/16.
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that you don't need to post-date it that far. Now that the revenue stream has died, someone might decide that paying the server/bandwidth bill isn't worth doing either, and I suspect that will happen sooner rather than later.

vatmark

wears a coca-cola shirt to club cool just in case

I agree. It is really sad. :RpS_sad: It was such a great resource when I came across it for our first trip back in 2005 and really helped make our trip magical.

Ann

rackerlee92

^ this :RpS_thumbup:

I think TGM-bashing (as OP warned us against) is common and understandable from those people who either just joined to find an outdated site, or others who maintained a paid membership for the last few years and got no new information in return. I, however, will always have a soft spot for TGM since he taught me how not to be a "them". I discovered his site frustrated on my 3rd trip to WDW, and it probably would have been the last visit if it wasn't for Mike. In a way, it also brought me to you guys - I would have probably never found this site nor Josh if I wasn't searching for a resource to replace TGM.
I, too, was a TGM'er. I used the site to help plan our first WDW vacation and was relieved to never be among "them". And, again, TGM is was led me to EasyWDW. When I noted a couple of years ago, that they were not updating for new attractions, etc, I started looking for another resource and found EasyWDW. Glad to be here!

vicki_c

THE RULES!!!
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that you don't need to post-date it that far. Now that the revenue stream has died, someone might decide that paying the server/bandwidth bill isn't worth doing either, and I suspect that will happen sooner rather than later.
I did change mine to those dates, but I feel the same. I can't imagine they're going to pay for 3 more years of hosting.

off2neverland

Peanut butter is yummy.
and I suspect that will happen sooner rather than later
Agree.
They had been maintaining their average of about 4-10 new subscriptions a day over there- amazing but shameful- right up til 10/31. Last 2 subscriptions were sold on 11/1. Then nothing. I would venture to say that's the day their merchant acct provider dropped them.

The message "once our new new website is up & running" is interesting but IMO the reality of that ever happening is doubtful. Unless someone has been working behind the scenes on something entirely different- they have a WHOLE lot of catching up to do- not to mention a reputation to rebuild.