Is Rise of the Resistance Worth a Day at HS?

Anne

For those who have been on it, is it worth the current hassle of trying to get a boarding pass? We can do either AK or HS but not both. We prefer AK to HS, especially with no shows at HS right now. If there was park hopping we'd try our luck getting a boarding pass and then hop to AK. But that isn't currently an option.

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
It's worth the hassle, yes. It's amazing. I'm not sure it's worth losing your only chance to visit Animal Kingdom, though.

bnoble

he's right
There are two questions:

1: Is RoTR worth a visit to DHS? I think so--it is easily one of the very best theme park attractions I've ever been on. It's an immersive spectacle that's on par with or better than anything else I've been on and in most cases it is not close. (Note that I haven't been to Disney Sea in Tokyo, nor have I been on Gringotts yet.)

2: I still think AK is a better park overall, and if I had to pick between them I might well pick AK.

I don't think the boarding pass situation is going to change anytime soon. At least when I was there in late Feb/early Mar, getting boarding passes wasn't too hard as long as you knew what you were doing and have a couple people trying for your party in case one of you encounters a glitch.

TiggerGirl

Yes.

The boarding pass system isn't going away and there will never be fewer people than there are right now trying to get a boarding pass.

In the first week of February we had to get up much earlier than now and we got a pass both tries but the second time our boarding group wasn't called. :(

I would also want to ride the new Minnie and Mickey's Runaway Railway over anything at AK that i've already done ....and i LOOOOOOOOOOOVE FOP

ETA: But you have to be prepared to NOT get a boarding pass too and still enjoy the day. I still think your chances may be better to get one now over a time when things are "normal"

Last edited:

disneydaisy

We were there in July and the first time at Galaxy's Edge. The ride is amazing. DD and I are both Star Wars fans and spent 5 hours alone in Galaxy's Edge one day. We had two days at HS and managed to get a boarding pass both days at 10am (Groups 6 & 7). We have only two days in the parks next month but have made reservations for HS for one of them. I guess as long as you are ok with not getting one and still having enjoying your day it is worth the chance. For us it is.

Anne

. I still think your chances may be better to get one now over a time when things are "normal"
It's seems like it's harder now? I'm seeing people on twitter saying they are gone in 10, 20, 30 seconds. When I was watching before our December trip it seemed like it would be 2-3 minutes of availability. We didn't end up doing HS since we weren't up for getting there that early on our anniversary trip and figured "we'll wait and do it with the kids in March". So much for that plan.

nolarookie

It's seems like it's harder now? I'm seeing people on twitter saying they are gone in 10, 20, 30 seconds. When I was watching before our December trip it seemed like it would be 2-3 minutes of availability. We didn't end up doing HS since we weren't up for getting there that early on our anniversary trip and figured "we'll wait and do it with the kids in March". So much for that plan.
It seemed easier in August than in February for us. We had technical issues in February though.

DopeyRunr

Capacity has been slashed and park hours significantly reduced. With fewer boarding groups overall, they are bound to go faster.

Strangeite

Anyone know of a youtube video that screen captures the exact steps involved to get a boarding pass in the app? I have read the process many times but I'd like a visual demonstration of the process as well.

DopeyRunr

Attendance is also lower, but how much that balances out I don't know.
I’m not sure boarding pass capacity as a percentage of park attendance has really changed significantly. If boarding passes used to be gone in 45 seconds and now they’re gone in 30 seconds, does it really matter?

TiggerGirl

Anyone know of a youtube video that screen captures the exact steps involved to get a boarding pass in the app? I have read the process many times but I'd like a visual demonstration of the process as well.
search for Tim Tracker - I think he has one

TiggerGirl

We were there in July and the first time at Galaxy's Edge. The ride is amazing. DD and I are both Star Wars fans and spent 5 hours alone in Galaxy's Edge one day. We had two days at HS and managed to get a boarding pass both days at 10am (Groups 6 & 7). We have only two days in the parks next month but have made reservations for HS for one of them. I guess as long as you are ok with not getting one and still having enjoying your day it is worth the chance. For us it is.
did you do anything 'special' for your boarding pass? standing in certain area? use wifi or data? etc?

ParkHopper82

Has anyone had success (or failure) trying to book a boarding pass with a bigger group? I'm going in a few weeks with a group of 8 and trying to decide if it would be better to attempt to book all 8 together or try as two separate groups of 4 instead.

Anne

Has anyone had success (or failure) trying to book a boarding pass with a bigger group? I'm going in a few weeks with a group of 8 and trying to decide if it would be better to attempt to book all 8 together or try as two separate groups of 4 instead.
No personal experience. But my understanding is that they have changed the process so that larger parties have an equal chance. Any family or friend who has entered the park and is eligible will be automatically selected for a boarding pass so you don't have to scroll and click names.

Strangeite

Make sure that everyones MDX account is friends and family with each other. Such a silly thing to miss but we made that mistake a couple of weeks ago and it almost resulted in my wife and son not getting a boarding group.

amk3

FoP seems universally appealing because the delight of flying doesn't rely on enjoying the film franchise. By contrast the charm of RotR is how it really feels like you're living as a character in Star Wars. I'm a huge Star Wars fan and loved it, but I don't think RotR would be in my top 10 Disney rides for non-Star Wars fans. On the side of picking HS: SR is the only ride I can think of that's appreciably better in a pandemic for a group smaller than 6. You get the Falcon to yourself, and two people in your group get the pilot position.