Is Ticket Bridging Still Done?

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
Will Guest Services still bridge admission tickets to Annual Passes and charge the difference between the full-price gate admission and the AP? I'd like to buy a PH through Undercover Tourist and bridge to a new AP.

Anne

Good question. I haven't tried in at least a year. It is harder and harder to find someone who knows how to do it correctly. To the point I have decided it's not worth the hassle. I could have saved $25 this last time which wasn't enough of an incentive. Maybe that is their goal?

kmc8826

I haven’t tried for quite a while either...I was thinking I would do it this year with some tickets I had on hand but ended up deciding to just renew (having the Gold AP helps a lot). I don’t see why they would not do it. I think make sure you have the amount set you are supposed to pay. And expectations of waiting for a while why they figure it out...

George

Thanks for the thoughts. I remember that waiting for the CM to figure out bridging (and/or crediting unused tickets towards a new AP) used to be a major pain, so I’m not really looking forward to going through that again. But then again, I’d be saving $71 on my already discounted DVC AP, so...?

bnoble

he's right
Take a look at the DISboards ticket sticky? They might know what’s up theses days. I *might* be in this situation in Feb, but it’s a bit of a long shot. Depends if I can snag a June AKV exchange by then.

George

Take a look at the DISboards ticket sticky? They might know what’s up theses days. I *might* be in this situation in Feb, but it’s a bit of a long shot. Depends if I can snag a June AKV exchange by then.

When are you going in February? I’ll be down 11-18, but for a conference (with a couple extra “me days”), close to Disney.

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
The last time I bridged was August, '18. I bought a ticket from UCT and upgraded to the DVC AP at the International Gateway. The value of the UCT ticket told to me by the CM was off a little, but close enough that I didn't ask him to double check.

Part of me thinks that bridging is a lot of moving parts, what if I have to go to another CM, etc. but at the same time, every dollar I can save is a good thing. I have two upcoming trips, August and November, so buying another AP makes sense; I'll have to decide whether I want to try to bridge or just use my Visa reward points to buy the AP.