Is Ticket Bridging Still Done?

George

The ratio of people to cake is too big.
Will Guest Services still bridge admission tickets to Annual Passes and charge the difference between the full-price gate admission and the AP? I'd like to buy a PH through Undercover Tourist and bridge to a new AP.

Anne

Good question. I haven't tried in at least a year. It is harder and harder to find someone who knows how to do it correctly. To the point I have decided it's not worth the hassle. I could have saved $25 this last time which wasn't enough of an incentive. Maybe that is their goal?

kmc8826

I haven’t tried for quite a while either...I was thinking I would do it this year with some tickets I had on hand but ended up deciding to just renew (having the Gold AP helps a lot). I don’t see why they would not do it. I think make sure you have the amount set you are supposed to pay. And expectations of waiting for a while why they figure it out...

George

Thanks for the thoughts. I remember that waiting for the CM to figure out bridging (and/or crediting unused tickets towards a new AP) used to be a major pain, so I’m not really looking forward to going through that again. But then again, I’d be saving $71 on my already discounted DVC AP, so...?

bnoble

he's right
Take a look at the DISboards ticket sticky? They might know what’s up theses days. I *might* be in this situation in Feb, but it’s a bit of a long shot. Depends if I can snag a June AKV exchange by then.

George

Take a look at the DISboards ticket sticky? They might know what’s up theses days. I *might* be in this situation in Feb, but it’s a bit of a long shot. Depends if I can snag a June AKV exchange by then.

When are you going in February? I’ll be down 11-18, but for a conference (with a couple extra “me days”), close to Disney.

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
The last time I bridged was August, '18. I bought a ticket from UCT and upgraded to the DVC AP at the International Gateway. The value of the UCT ticket told to me by the CM was off a little, but close enough that I didn't ask him to double check.

Part of me thinks that bridging is a lot of moving parts, what if I have to go to another CM, etc. but at the same time, every dollar I can save is a good thing. I have two upcoming trips, August and November, so buying another AP makes sense; I'll have to decide whether I want to try to bridge or just use my Visa reward points to buy the AP.