Jedi Training

Snaz

This is a Rope Drop sign-up. When will be dependent on the time you get....they are scheduled throughout the day. Signup is at the ABC sound studio.....near the back of the American Idol experience. Head the hat and bang a left. You won't be the only ones. :)

Will he be 12 at the time you go? That is the age limit, so he should at least believe himself to be 12 when they ask....

josh

Administrator
Staff member
The old Sounds Dangerous building to the left of American Idol Experience and across from Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular on the way to Star Tours. First thing in the morning. You have to have the child with you. Pick a time in the late morning/early afternoon to avoid wasting precious morning time. I believe the child needs to arrive 30 minutes before show time but it might be a shorter window.

LizD

Netflix queue currently at 3,912 - all Disney rela
My kids had a blast doing this. I would totally recommend it for your nephew!

stevenmilz

josh's date at akershus
I believe the child needs to arrive 30 minutes before show time but it might be a shorter window.
30 minutes is correct. You can probably manage with 20, but anything later than that and you kid's slot will probably be given to a standby. They also go from the signup/meeting location to the JTA stage about 10 to 15 minutes before actual show time.

tripler

Does anyone know how they choose the young jedi that will in addition to battling vader, also encounter the storm troopers?

Use the force on them to be exact,... I seen them only pick one child per showing...

any idea on how they select?

stevenmilz

josh's date at akershus
Does anyone know how they choose the young jedi that will in addition to battling vader, also encounter the storm troopers?

Use the force on them to be exact,... I seen them only pick one child per showing...

any idea on how they select?
It's usually about 2/3 of the way through. If you watch JTA enough (like us thanks to DD5) you'll get to know the script and can anticipate when that part will occur. Timing it for your kid though is near impossible because you have no idea how the Jedi Master's helper is going to order the kids once on stage.

slmoore

My son got to do that when we went a couple of years ago. It seems pretty random, but he was wearing a Star Wars t-shirt, so maybe they figured if the trainer yelled "force push" he would likely know what to do, since it isn't something they teach or talked to him about ahead of time. It was definitely a highlight for him.