La Cava del Tequila - Margarita Mondays

got2travel

I posted on one of Josh's Food & Wine updates about Margarita Mondays in which La Cava offers their margaritas for $10. I was asked if this deal was still going on during F&W. I wasn't sure so I asked on La Cava's FB page. I posted their response on that thread, but figured I'd post it here too.

They responded that the deal is still available, but that you need to show your server that you are a FB or Twitter following before placing your order. Simple task to save $3 or $4 on a Maragarita.

safroim

Do you need to be a FB or Twitter follower to get that deal at any time? We're heading down in January and Monday is our Epcot day.

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
My question is, unless you have a smartphone with you, how do you prove you're a FB or Twitter follower?

josh

Administrator
Staff member
(Phone) Service is so bad in there that I tell them I follow them on Twitter but don't get any service. They'll just take your word for it. One margarita is usually discounted to $10 on Mondays and in the past, they have offered a shot of Milagro Silver for $5, but I haven't been in recently to verify that's still available. They said they weren't serving food during Food/Wine so it may also not be available, but you get free chips and salsa if you follow them on Twitter too. So on a Monday, you'd save a few dollars on the margarita, be able to pop a shot or two at relatively inexpensive prices, and munch on chips and salsa in a comfortable (albeit loud and cramped) setting. Not a bad gig.

got2travel

Haven't been in since June, but at that time I did not have to show proof of anything. I told my server I was there for Maragrita Monday and just started ordering. I actually got 3 margaritas at $10 each, but it sounds like they may be cracking down a bit.

Tinkerkell

Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust!
I tried to get the discount on 9/24 and was told I needed to follow them on Twitter. I have a FB account and am a fan, but don't do Twitter. No discount for me, but I still bought the best margarita I've ever had there.

raraavis

thanks got2travel; i was the one who asked you on josh's blog about it! no biggie for me to follow them on twitter (even though i really don't use twitter). appreciate your followup! :RpS_thumbsup:

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Someone is getting someone in trouble:

Hello,

I represent La Cava del Tequila at Epcot through their public relations and social media efforts and it has come to my attention that some users may be misrepresenting La Cava's specials. We love to reward our fans and followers, but posting 'loopholes' for discounts is not very kind to our business, nor is it fair to the people who actually follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

This is the link to the discussion that contains the misleading posts:
http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showthread.php?8241-La-Cava-del-Tequila-Margarita-Mondays

gorsh

Goofus D. Dawg
Publicity is publicity...they should be thanking you for posting on the deal at all.

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
To: La Cava del Tequila Representative
Re: La Cava del Tequila

Where do you stand on the generic napkin issue?

josh

Administrator
Staff member
I followed La Cava on Twitter for some period of time. They are (were) incredibly obnoxious because they would retweet "literally" anything that mentioned them. So my screen would be full of "@randomnameidontcareabout I can't wait to go to @lacavadeltequila in December to order an Avocado Margarita!" or "At @lacavadeltequila omg the blood orange margarita is so good!" Sorry, but I really don't care.

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
I hate companies that re-tweet compliments or anything else that's tweeted about them. I mean, why not just get the quotes printed on tee shirts and have your employees wear them to work, it would be just as tacky and obnoxious!

raraavis

Someone is getting someone in trouble:

Hello,

I represent La Cava del Tequila at Epcot through their public relations and social media efforts and it has come to my attention that some users may be misrepresenting La Cava's specials. We love to reward our fans and followers, but posting 'loopholes' for discounts is not very kind to our business, nor is it fair to the people who actually follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

This is the link to the discussion that contains the misleading posts:
http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showthread.php?8241-La-Cava-del-Tequila-Margarita-Mondays
um, did i miss something? what is the loophole?? not that i'm asking for it so i can engage in illicit activity, but i don't see how what has been said is a loophole. as gorsh said, publicity is publicity. so they would rather i not go there and spend my money??? hmmm....

josh

Administrator
Staff member
I think that you can tell them you follow them on Twitter but they won't actually make you show them your phone that shows you follow them. Service is basically nonexistent in there and even if you wanted to, you might not be able to bring it up. Not sure how the WiFi is, but that's been spotty too. Anyway if they give me any more sass I'm just going to tell them that I'm not too interested in what a marketing firm with an alexa rank north of six million has to say.

Christie

If they're going to be upset if people lie, then they need to be checking. Otherwise, they need to STFU.

marshallj

Apparently this La Cava del Tequila at Epcot person did not have a mother like mine who would remind me the sometimes, "Life is not fair."

raraavis

I think that you can tell them you follow them on Twitter but they won't actually make you show them your phone that shows you follow them. Service is basically nonexistent in there and even if you wanted to, you might not be able to bring it up. Not sure how the WiFi is, but that's been spotty too. Anyway if they give me any more sass I'm just going to tell them that I'm not too interested in what a marketing firm with an alexa rank north of six million has to say.
i see what you mean. i guess i didn't see that as a loophole since it's their fault if they are not verifying the eligibility of the customers. there are tons of places that give specials and discounts to their twitter followers, and it really is no big deal to follow them for the discount and then stop following them after. my last trip to vegas is a good example. at a bar in planet hollywood, they had a twitter special: for $10 you can enjoy unlimited drinks from 9pm until 1am. when we went and tried to show the guy that we were following them on twitter, he waved it aside and said "it doesn't matter." we stopped following the bar after our trip. i imagine that bar was happy to just get more money, so i assume la cava should be happy to have customers they normally wouldn't have had. any money is better than no money.