Le Cellier new menu thoughts

Amadan

A Visit Every Sunday
just in the sense that I would have incentive to try them all. we've done 4 different 2 credit meals (SoA, HDD, Yachtsman and Brown Derby) and have been underwhelmed by all save for HDD. it's just a heavy risk for us to drop a 2 TS on a meal where we may be unimpressed.

MichaelColey

HDD? Do you mean Hollywood Brown Derby? Interesting that you liked it best, because we were generally unimpressed there. Other signatures we've been to:

California Grill - We loved it. DD was treated wonderfully there for her 4th birthday. Sunset and MK fireworks are special from there.

CRT - Overpriced and mediocre food, but we keep going back for the experience.

Narcoossee's - Good, but not memorable.

Yachtsman Steakhouse - One of our favorites. We did get really bad service last time, but the food is always great and we have had great service in the past.

We were a huge fan of Le Cellier as a regular restaurant, but won't be going there as a Signature.

Rhonda

makes josh ride in the passenger seat
We have a lunch ADR there for August. Have never been but I feel like it is such a "coveted" ADR that we need to keep it! Not sure I can eat a steak at 11:30am, but I sure am gonna try:RpS_laugh:

Amadan

A Visit Every Sunday
HDD? Do you mean Hollywood Brown Derby? Interesting that you liked it best, because we were generally unimpressed there
Sorry, was lumping all 2 TS in together. HDD= Hoop-de-doo. Not signature, but would essentially cost the same to us as a signature.
And yes, we found Brown Derby to be kinda blah....

lisapennie

does judge
Brown Derby used to be fantastic - it's been more hit or miss in the last year or so.

I think my three favorite signatures are Jiko, Flying Fish, and possibly Yachtsman, though that one's largely because I have a ridiculous love of bone-in ribeye, and the last time we ate there they also had escargot, which is another major weakness of mine.

MichaelColey

I think my three favorite signatures are Jiko, Flying Fish, and possibly Yachtsman, though that one's largely because I have a ridiculous love of bone-in ribeye, and the last time we ate there they also had escargot, which is another major weakness of mine.
Way off topic, but the best bone-in ribeye I ever had was at Delmonico's (Emerill's steakhouse) in Vegas. This isn't mine, but here's a picture: ribeye.

A little closer to topic. Have you tried Shula's at the Dolphin? It's not on the dining plan, but we went there for the first time last month and it was pretty good. Comparable to the Yachtsman. Not sure which one I like best. I'll have to try them both a few more times to be sure. ;)

lisapennie

does judge
We haven't tried Shula's because the last four times we've gone we've been on the deluxe dining plan, which made eating anywhere not covered rather silly. I don't think we'll do it again, though, so Shula's is on my list for a future trip. I just have to squeeze it in between BlueZoo, V&A's, and Bistro de Paris.

tiggr88

prefers quisp over quake
I can't see spending that much money at Le Cellier unless they significantly upgrade the quality. Even then, with Yachtsmen and Shula's to compete with, I think we'd skip it.