Magic Bandits

Poff

Has anyone actually used these little jibbitz things on their Magic Bands yet? Do they stay on well? I'm not a big souvenir person, but I would probably buy some bling for my Magic Band if I knew they wouldn't fall off...

LoriH91

There's a thread somewhere about decorating your magic band. It had a link to the DIS with a really long thread about it, with some amazing decorating going on. I think someone somewhere said it was hit or miss if they stayed on or not. I just painted my mickey heads with red nail polish & put a coat of red & white glitter polish everywhere else. I got a ton of compliments from CMs on it, but it was pretty plain. The covers they sell are pretty cute, too.

Poff

Well there you go. That was my biggest pet peeve over the years about their pins. Even when I bought the special backs, I would still occasionally lose one. Maybe it's me. ;)

Your solution sounds cute, and easy. I'll check out the Dis thread. I'm not very crafty, but my daughters would probably get into it.

LoriH91

We never can use the pins right when we get them, since they do need a special back! Most of ours just stay at home on the lanyard. I really loved the thought of decorating the bands myself & probably would have done something different, if I'd had more than a single day before we left. I never even thought about it!

quince

We were there and lost one and one broke off the little post, and my kids are strangely easy on stuff. We don't usually have damage to accessories or clothing. It's hard to use them with little kids' bands because there aren't many spots for them when the bands are appropriately fitted on small wrists. So you cram one up against the edge where the overlap is and it pops out and you're in the gift shop at closing trying to replace the very most special one before kid wakes up and notices it's gone.

My mom did buy some for hers and it didn't fall off. They gave us 2013 sliding band things at check in, and those were easy enough and sturdy.

Poff

We were there and lost one and one broke off the little post, and my kids are strangely easy on stuff. We don't usually have damage to accessories or clothing. It's hard to use them with little kids' bands because there aren't many spots for them when the bands are appropriately fitted on small wrists. So you cram one up against the edge where the overlap is and it pops out and you're in the gift shop at closing trying to replace the very most special one before kid wakes up and notices it's gone.

My mom did buy some for hers and it didn't fall off. They gave us 2013 sliding band things at check in, and those were easy enough and sturdy.

I hope your kiddos weren't overly disappointed. And all joking aside, we are also not hard on stuff, so I can't blame it on us.

In general, I have found Disney merch. not well made. When my kids were little (they are young adults now) and we had APs and made multiple trips, I would actually pack up items to return. The (was it My Pal?) Mickey Mouse that would tell you about the parks and tell jokes, they swapped ours out for new ones twice because they were faulty.

So my suspicions are confirmed.
This is why we can't have nice Disney things.

pharmer

I lost a bandit on BTMRR. We were loading and the lady who was sitting in our seat just prior to us left her phone on the seat, I reached out to hand it to the conductor and heard the bandit go "pop". I think it fell between the rails, we couldnt find it. No good deed goes unpunished, I guess.

They are cute, but you'd have to be willing to take the risk of losing them. They are not super expensive, so I still think it was worth it. I bought the 4 pack, so I still have 3 left.