Magic bands

Greenleafs79

I purchased my own magic bands(characters), linked them to my account and declined the generic ones using the app. Got email today that my complimentary magic bands have shipped??!. Is this common? Guess I can bring them with me and use them as backup??

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
I've never had bands shipped that I declined, but with Disney IT I wouldn't be surprised if it's happened before (although I doubt it's common).

Yes, you can bring them, or you can leave them at home. Your choice. We usually bring a backup ever since our daughter lost hers on the first day years ago and had to wear the Band of Shame (grey) the rest of that trip.

mgarbowski

Disney revamped the Magic Band ordering system about a month ago and it has been a complete mess ever since. It is not surprising they ship you the free ones even though you declined them. No harm in taking them along as a backup. The system can start glitching if you (or anyone else in your party) have too many active bands on your account profile, but having 2 is unlikely to cause any trouble.

DopeyRunr

Disney revamped the Magic Band ordering system about a month ago and it has been a complete mess ever since. It is not surprising they ship you the free ones even though you declined them. No harm in taking them along as a backup. The system can start glitching if you (or anyone else in your party) have too many active bands on your account profile, but having 2 is unlikely to cause any trouble.
We had in the mid-teens at one point and didn't have any trouble. I think we have 4-5 active ones now.

capeokw56

I've never had bands shipped that I declined, but with Disney IT I wouldn't be surprised if it's happened before (although I doubt it's common).

Yes, you can bring them, or you can leave them at home. Your choice. We usually bring a backup ever since our daughter lost hers on the first day years ago and had to wear the Band of Shame (grey) the rest of that trip.
Band of Shame! That's funny! I love my grey band with my orange AP slider.

DopeyRunr

Well, when you’re 7 or 8 and you lose your pink magic band on the tea cups and have to spend an hour in a crowded City Hall to get a grey replacement, it’s not exactly a badge of honor...

DopeyRunr

Not trying to be a jerk, but just to provide a little education, using "adopted" in that context (almost as a slur) can be pretty offensive to adoptees and adoptive parents.

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
Not trying to be a jerk, but just to provide a little education, using "adopted" in that context (almost as a slur) can be pretty offensive to adoptees and adoptive parents.
It's not a comment about adoption, but a comment about how his taste is different that the rest of the family. Sorry if anyone took it the wrong way.

tiggeranzalone

My husband chooses grey. The might have been adopted comment, thinking about his color preference, made me laugh! I am adopted, though, so I'm allowed to laugh at that? I can't wait to see what he thinks about it! 😆😂