Magic Bands

MrFredricksen

So we have friends that are going down to WDW a week before us and they got their magic bands last week.
A few weeks ago we set ours with the colors and names etc and I submitted. Up until yesterday when I went it, it was counting down days for me to still be able to edit the order.
Today I looked to see if they shipped or something. The count down is gone, the edit button is there, when I click on it, it seems that nothing is set for any of us (no colors or anything)
What do I do? Have they shipped? Do I need to reset it? Did they lose the order and now are all get generic grey ones?
Our trip is in 30 days.

Twelves

I think it's a glitch? Mine is doing that too. Sometimes when I click the link to view my order it's there but sometimes it's not. It also shows that I only have 3 more days to edit my order even though my trip is not until the end of August.

J&J's Dad

Hopefully just a glitch. I noticed some issues a couple weeks ago. I confirmed my order and the next day I called Disney Reservations and ask them to confirm - they did.

MrFredricksen

so if the countdown for me had a 1 yesterday, does that mean we are all set and they should be sent out soon?
We would I call to confirm?

beachta1

so if the countdown for me had a 1 yesterday, does that mean we are all set and they should be sent out soon?
We would I call to confirm?
You could always call if you're concerned yet- or wait a few days and see if the message changes to "your magic bands have shipped!"

Twelves

I took a screen shot of my order showing the colors selected for each family member. That way if they mess up I can show them I did select the colors and not just gray ones.

mgarbowski

I never placed an order (despite many attempts) but chose colors. My ability to make changes locked about 7-10 days before I got an email telling me my bands shipped.

MrFredricksen

I never placed an order (despite many attempts) but chose colors. My ability to make changes locked about 7-10 days before I got an email telling me my bands shipped.
What doesn't make sense to me is that the people checking in exactly one week before me got their bands a week ago already. Logic says that I would get mine this week. I set up the colors and names 3 weeks ago and submitted the order. I haven't gotten a shipping e-mail. I expected to get them by now and I don't even think they shipped.

What is the typical time line? When in relation to your date did you get them?

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
Worst case scenario (you all end up with grey), you can ask at the front desk of the hotel and they should have some non-personalized color bands for you to choose from. We added a fourth person to our reservation after we had already placed our magic band order, so they didn't even ship her one, and it was easy to pick a color there at the front desk.

J&J's Dad

I just checked my Spam folder and found the magic band confirm. Only says that they are "in the works". Maybe try you Junk mail folder just in case.

mgarbowski

What doesn't make sense to me is that the people checking in exactly one week before me got their bands a week ago already. Logic says that I would get mine this week. I set up the colors and names 3 weeks ago and submitted the order. I haven't gotten a shipping e-mail. I expected to get them by now and I don't even think they shipped.

What is the typical time line? When in relation to your date did you get them?
My trip is 2 weeks before yours and I just got mine this week (yesterday in fact), which is also behind schedule relative to your friends since my trip is before theirs. My shipment notification email came about 3.5 weeks before the trip arrival date. I think you're still good.

Samy1000

Sorry to hijack, but I figured it’s better to ask here than start a new thread. Any tips or tricks you found that assisted you in getting the “special” $10-$15 magic bands? I have tried 5am, 11pm, all throughout the day and evening with no luck. It’s not a make or break thing, but we were hoping to get something a little different for our collection to use multiple times. Any input on how you have been successful would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Yeah, there's zero skill or predictability. I would advise that you have all of your party with you every time you check, because you can't just select a few and then come back later to select the rest, which is annoying.

nolarookie

I can’t even figure out how to order magic bands, I’m just shown a page where I can manage magic bands I already have. However, all I have is a resort reservation. Do I have to wait until I buy park tickets and link them?

Anne

I can’t even figure out how to order magic bands, I’m just shown a page where I can manage magic bands I already have. However, all I have is a resort reservation. Do I have to wait until I buy park tickets and link them?
You don't need tickets. Just an onsite resort reservation. The order prompt should be at the top of the same page where you manage existing bands. The "my bands and cards" page. If it's not there you probably need to call.

Twelves

Just got my magic bands yesterday. They were exactly how I ordered them. The site is just glitchy sometimes.