Magic Kingdom Rope Drop From Main Entrance - Mine Train -> Peter Pan's Flight -> etc.

jprice906

if you are headed to A&E at RD - you can clearly see in Josh's video how some space opens on the right side of the hub when everyone splits off to the right to go to MT. If you are headed to A&E, I strongly recommend going right around the hub it will give you a brief chance to gain some space back to the rope as everyone heading to MT peels off on the right hand path. If you were to go left around the hub you would not get this opportunity.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Great video, Josh, thank you.

When we were there last month we headed to SM at RD via the Main St. bypass. We were the only guests on it and none of the CMs seemed concerned. I don't think this helps if heading to 7DMT at RD, but it was a cool experience for us. (Of course, SM was down when we got there...) Is the bypass usually open for RD or is it just random?

Was it a parade taping day?

Bobb_o

Would you recommend trying to get in 7DMT early with an 8:00am CP ADR? I was originally thinking just head straight to PP at about 8:45am but I probably enjoy 7DMT more so if I could get an extra ride in (I have a FP+ at 9:35am for 7DMT) it'd be great.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Somebody with recent experience may need to chime in (you might make a new thread). I'm not crazy about rushing through those kinds of meals. With the welcome show starting 20 minutes before park open, you don't have a lot of time to rush through that meal and get out ahead of everyone. I would think it would work if you could hurry.

Bobb_o

Somebody with recent experience may need to chime in (you might make a new thread). I'm not crazy about rushing through those kinds of meals. With the welcome show starting 20 minutes before park open, you don't have a lot of time to rush through that meal and get out ahead of everyone. I would think it would work if you could hurry.

Yeah not worth it then. We'll just head to PP and do 7DMT once and maybe return at night. Thanks for the input.

Anne

Yeah not worth it then. We'll just head to PP and do 7DMT once and maybe return at night. Thanks for the input.

It all depends on what you want to get out of the CP meal. If you want to see all 4 characters then you definitely can't count on getting through in time to beat the RD crowds. We've done CP 1-2 times per year since having kids (only once at 8 am and probably wouldn't again-people were streaming in as we watched out the window from our table). Typical meal times without rushing and being sure to see all characters have been 60-90 minutes for us. Last week we would have been done in 60 but waited for Tigger which added another 20 minutes. If you asked for your bill 1st thing and focused on eating and getting done without worrying about seeing characters it probably could be done, but it's an expensive way to go.

sunburnin

We were there last week and did MK RD on the 8th, 11th and 12th. On the 8th we were after BTMRR, the other two for 7DMR. All 3 times, we were standing to the right by the tunnels, about 10 people back with a good enough view of the welcome show. There was room to spare around us, but the middle section seemed to be backing up past the tap styles. There may have been 10 of us heading to BTMRR and we were on the first train out. (my daughter uses a wheelchair, so we were able to enter the back way and were the only 4 people on the train!!! The rest of the folks hadn't made it through the queue yet. We rode back to back.) If that's your target, there is no need to rush down main street. The other two days we were in the mix heading for the mine train. Make sure you take the path to the right of the castle. On the 11th, we were off by 9:12 and pretty much moved continuously through the queue without stopping. On the 12th they didn't open the queue right away so it made the crowds back up for a few minutes and I'm sure it scared some folks away seeing the long line outside. Once they opened up, we walked continuously and were off by 9:15. There were cast members walking us back each day so that prevented the sprinters from getting ahead and keeps the crowd together. I prefer that.

Bobb_o

It all depends on what you want to get out of the CP meal. If you want to see all 4 characters then you definitely can't count on getting through in time to beat the RD crowds. We've done CP 1-2 times per year since having kids (only once at 8 am and probably wouldn't again-people were streaming in as we watched out the window from our table). Typical meal times without rushing and being sure to see all characters have been 60-90 minutes for us. Last week we would have been done in 60 but waited for Tigger which added another 20 minutes. If you asked for your bill 1st thing and focused on eating and getting done without worrying about seeing characters it probably could be done, but it's an expensive way to go.

We're two adults and I personally don't care too much about seeing all the characters (My GF likes Eyeore and that's only the really important one) and I don't think we'll eat too much. Yeah we're overpaying but I've never done breakfast at a park and wanted to try it. BoG's menu didn't really interest me and I'd rather to CP than Cinderella.

D

dawn

We've been following you blindly like zombies since the onset and would have it no other way...:RpS_lol:

starjazz

We did CP with 8:10 ADR. We were easily finished by 8:45 and beat the RD crowds. We saw all 4 characters, got hugs, pics, and even had time for a conga line through the restaurant with them! Being a buffet, it didn't take long, and we asked our waitress for our check right when we were seated.