Magical Trip

bamagirl14

We're back!!!! Planned this trip for six months and wow, our week at Pop flew by.....

Where do I start! Flight from Birmingham to Orlando was a little rough but we made it whew... Loved the Magical Express. We felt like famous people not having to gather our luggage and tote it to the resort :) When we arrived at Pop the weather was beautiful. The kids swam for a while while my mom and I relaxed and enjoyed the warm Orlando sunshine. Even though we had a very short flight and trip to the hotel, we didnt venture away from Pop. The kids, DS 13 and DS 7, LOVED the huge icons and walked around the property taking lots of pictures. Early to bed all, we have a very busy day tomorrow.

Day 2 DHS:
OMG, woke up to very cold temps, lots of wind and drizzle!! Far cry from yesterday. We were belly up for rope drop and it was well worth it!! My mom went to TSM to get FP for all while I took DS 7 to sign up for Jedi. What an amazing show/experience. I will post a short video later. Rode TSM, twice, Star Tours numerous, Rock n Roller Coaster and any other available ride. Watched the car stunt show (amazing) and Indiana Jones. I really could go on and on about our trip to DHS but I would say the same things over and over. So let's sum it up... AMAZING park...AMAZING experience!! This is now our very favorite. We had ridden everything more than once, participated in Jedi training, watched the shows, had lunch with my cousins and were back at Pop by 4 p.m. THANK YOU JOSH!

Day 3 Epcot:
Weather is a little better today. Sun is shining and temps are warming back up :). Didnt make rope drop but wasnt too far behind. Nutshell version...Walked on Sorin and obtained FP for later, ate breakfast at Seasons (yummy) watched the fountain, rode Test Track (our favorite) many times with little or no wait, watched the fountain, had ice cream, watched the fountain, rode mission space ORANGE (NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN), lived through mission space, watched the fountain. whewww, Im tired again. Absolutely a wonderful experience at Epcot, with the exception of mission space =) I will never again put my body through that ride. I understand why there have been deaths after riding it. Visited a few countries, Ate dinner at Electric Umbrella, back at resort by 8. THANK YOU JOSH!

Day 4:
This was supposed to be rope drop MK until 2 p.m. My mom could not handle another park today so a tiny change of plan. We went to DTD, had lunch at Rainforest Cafe and let the kids hang out and play at the Lego store. Mom and I sat on a bench outside the Lego area and enjoyed the warm Orlando sunshine. We love to people watch! Anyway, after a short stay at DTD we went back to Pop for the afternoon. Kids really wanted to go to MK, we had the ticket anyway, so why not right??? Mom stayed back in the room while DS 13 and DS7 and I went to MK. Weather was again, turning windy and chilly and by this time it's 5 p.m. Rode Space Mountain, Lilo's Escape, Buzz and Pirates. Watched wishes, shopped and was back in our room by 8ish.

Day 5 - 7 coming soon

jillyb

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversa
Sounds like a great trip so far! Throw some pictures our way :)

Yeah! We love pictures! I've never done the orange side of Mission Space because I'm afraid it wouldn't agree with me. The green side is OK though. Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip!

breezy2

doesn't like sequels, but has hopes for easywdw 2.
I never did M:S and never intend to. LOL I hate spinning. DH actually liked it though and he gets pretty queasy on spinning stuff. Can't wait to hear more and see pictures!!!

beachta1

I did MS: green and was sitting front row to the right. I stared at the corner of the screen the whole time (I've heard that staring at something that is not moving will help with motion sickness). Thankfully I survived. Our next time back at EP during our trip, I hung out outside while the boyfriend wrote MS: orange. I'm glad I tried it, but never again!

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
Actually Tricia, it's better to stare at something that is matching the movement you are feeling. So, if you're on a train or in a car, look out the window. If you're on a motion ride that is completely enclosed, look at the screen because it will match what is happening to the vehicle. The only time it works best to "look away" is with a movie where your seat is stationary, or like with Soarin', where you can look down or to the side and see that the world is not moving.

Not that I'm expecting you to try MS again! My poor DH suffers from motion sickness, and even the green side would leave him "green" for the rest of the day!

beachta1

Thanks Pam ! I'm glad I survived MS and Star Tours. I would not do them again! I was fine on Soarin though!

Meeska Mooska

josh's mathematician and no expiration upgrade exp
Hi Rebecca,

I was wondering when we'd hear from you! I'm happy to have met you, Kyran was asking about Tristan a few times, and I can't believe the older boys never met.

Anyhow, PM me your e-mail address - I took some photos of Tristan when he was using the force to push away the clone troopers, and I thought you might like having photos from a different perspective. No video of Tristan unfortunately...

Lizanne

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, the trick on Mission Space is to stare forward at the screen. Anything else will mess you up.

And they've actually toned down Mission: Space, even the Orange Team :RpS_blink:

twyckoff

Alrighty then this post confirmed my MS ride to green while the DS23 rides the orange. I was on the fence if I was going to be brave or not. Thanks for the heads up.

beachta1

I'm sorry, I was thinking about Star Tours... not MS. I did OK on MS green but there was no way I was going to be able handle MS orange!!!

AmeliaPond

What do you mean you "watched the fountain"? Is there some exciting show that I'm missing or something?

Did you go on Spaceship Earth at all?!?

pfalcioni

does anybody know how to change this?
There's a few options.

First, you can load them to a place like Photobucket (have them size to 800n x 600, in original size they'll be massive on the page), copy the "Direct Link" from the picture on Photobucket, then come back here and click the "Insert Image" above the reply text box. Select "from URL" and UN-check "Retrieve remote file."

Your second option is to re-size a copy of the picture to around that 800 x 600 size (make sure it's a copy!) on your own computer, then click that "insert Image" and select "From Computer", "select file", then find the picture file on your computer and upload it that way.

Hope this helps!

AmeliaPond

Also, on photobucket you can just copy the code under each photo, the one that starts with IMG in brackets, and just paste it into your post or even just in the quick reply box at the bottom of the thread.

You will still need to shrink the photo to a smaller size, like Pam said, before uploading to photobucket.

bamagirl14

Day 5 Magic Kingdom:
No rope drop but with the low crowds, it was fine! Anyone watch the Lifetime reality show Dance Moms??? As we were about to enter the line for It's a Small World, I ran into Christie and Chloe :) Yes, for me this was better than Mickey Mouse. Took a few pics with the celebs and rode It's a Small World with them YAY! After that excitement was over we walked on Splash Mountain, Pirates, People Mover (which I really liked) did the Hall of Presidents show (again, LOVED) watched Captain Jack Sparrow and took amazing pics and video of him. Watched parades and Main Street shows, which were both excellentWe also managed to ride space mountain again, shop, eat and tons more and managed to be back at our hotel by 5 ish. Kids had a blast once again.

Day 6 Animal Kingdom:
Ok, it goes downhill from here! Not sure we'll go back unless it is just to ride Expedition Everest which is now our Favorite roller coaster!! We made it to rope drop and the sun was heating up. Went directly to EE and walked right on. Grabbed fast pass for a little later and headed straight to the Safari. Our Safari ride was incredible. Animals were everywhere, some walking and taking their time, right in front of us. Took some amazing pics here too. After Safari, we watched Flights of Wonder and let me say, it was incredible!!! One of the birds flew directly over my head...I felt his feet brush through my hair. Now that I wasn't expecting but I didn't freak out too bad :) The two putting on the show were hilarious. I would definitely see it again. Next came the rapid ride where we were drenched! But, by this time, it felt great!!! Headed over to Dino (DS7 was begging) rode Primeval Whirl and Dinosaur. Both rides we walked on, Primeval twice.

This is where it starts going down. Went back to ride Expedition Everest again this time with my mom and two sons. I took both of their hats and stored them in the compartment in our cart. Well, 30 minutes after we got off the ride, we realized I had left the hats in the compartment. We were in line at the BBQ place (can't remember the name) so I decided to get the food, get everyone seated and walk back to EE to look/ask about hats. Now, I have been in WDW for almost a week and on the quick service plan. I have ordered a lot of food during this time. So, the cast member asks me what I want...I say well the kids will have the hot dog and fries and the two adults will have the bbq sandwich and fries. No problem??? Well, after we are seated and I happen to look at our receipt, I notice it reads I have zero snack credits...This is funny. I just had 3 snack credits five minutes ago. I'll have to ask about this later b/c I gotta get back over to EE to find the hats. Yes, these were important hats. Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship hats :) I think, let me ask someone who looks important the best way to go about this. I find someone, explain what happened with the hats and I am instructed to another area to tell someone else to call over to EE. Ok, I go there and I am instructed to go some place else, tell someone else and have them call. Ok, let's try this after all, these are cast members and surely they know what they are talking about... After I am instructed to speak with three different people and none of them know why the other instructed me to see them, I make my way back over to EE to the gift shop, to the picture order desk and now to the unloading area. I explain what happened and I am told to hang on one second why they check each train that comes in to unload. Sounds good to me until I am instructed by a 7 foot cast member who I am sure his ultimate dream job was to be the one to say, "pictures have changed move on people" over and over and over again, to leave the area and go to guest relations to pick up the hats. By this time, I really would like to call him the name I am thinking for him and say, it hasn't been 30 minutes since we got off the ride!!!!!! But he was so busy being rude to others as well, I couldn't get in another word. One lady did ask him for his name and said she would tell guest relations that he is the reason she will not be back at Animal Kingdom. Finally, these poor people can't find the hats and I say forget it!!

Now to find out why I have zero snack credits after ordering lunch. I take my receipt back up to the counter at the BBQ place and I am told that at this particular eating establishment, french fries do not come with your meal and are considered snack. Ok, I understand but why didn't you tell me that and confirm that's what I wanted to do??? Mmmmm, not sure ma'am just didn't. Well, it's 85 degrees, Im hot, was just talked to very rudely by another cast member over at EE so, this doesn't settle well with me. "You just didn't?" "No." Im not a happy camper. Grab the kids and get the heck out of this park before I lose it! Stop by guest relations and of course the hats are not there b/c like I figured and I don't even work there.....lost and found items are not collected from the different rides until after the park closes! I think Disney new employee orientation should include this bit of info, don't you!! Probably does. I also explained the snack credit mishap and was offered 4 Mickey bars. Um, no, just want to get the heck out of here people!!
Pop Century did reimburse our snack credits :)

Whewwww, Im tired again. We spend the rest of the afternoon at the pool and the kids were so happy! DS 7 already crying because we have to leave tomorrow and now he wants to move to Disney, transfer schools and one day work at Pop =) He took the follow your dream slogan literally!

bamagirl14

What do you mean you "watched the fountain"? Is there some exciting show that I'm missing or something?

Did you go on Spaceship Earth at all?!?

Yes, rode and loved Spaceship Earth. I probably just couldn't remember the name :) There is a big fountain right over from test track and the ice cream place, on the way to the countries, and my DS 7, thought it was the best thing he'd ever seen LOL He loved it and we watched it forever :)