Magical Trip

beachta1

I'm so sorry about your hat experience! My boyfriend lost his favorite Penn State hat on splash mountain (he put it on when we got to the bottom of the drop but was not prepared for the splash back to knock it right back off!) and sadly we weren't able to find it either. We talked to a lot of different people before someone could tell us what we should do in order to find it. You would think the CMs would have a solid answer regarding lost and found items.

It sounds like you had a great trip otherwise, and I love the pictures!

JulieC

Great pics! I was trying to figure out how to squeeze Pirate Tutorial (is that what your Jack Sparrow pics are from?) into our touring plans for MK and couldn't quite get it. I think I'll try again!

FWIW, not Disney and long, long ago, I worked three summers at Cedar Point as a ride hostess. Guessing that the amusement park organization logistics are similar, the CMs that work on rides are in a completely different department than the ones that sell any sort of merchandise (including photos), which are different than any that serve food, and little knowledge passes between them. Not helpful for this hat situation at this point, but if something similar happens in the future, skip EVERYONE that doesn't work on the ride in question. Go there. They might have it, available, might not, but at least they would give you the right information.

Loved reading about your trip, great pictures too. Tell your DS that after my 1st visit I felt the same way he did about wanting to just live and work at WDW. So I know just how the poor kid felt.

bamagirl14

I called AK lost and found the next morning and they had the hats. Hats were shipped to me free of charge and we received them two days after being home!!

bamagirl14

Great pics! I was trying to figure out how to squeeze Pirate Tutorial (is that what your Jack Sparrow pics are from?) into our touring plans for MK and couldn't quite get it. I think I'll try again!

We just happened to be at the right place at the right time.

Mickey141

Very enjoyable trip report! Thanks.

We were there around the same time as you. First time to DHS and we were also surprised at how much we loved the park: especially Jedi and Star Tours!

jillyb

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversa
Is that Chloe and her mom from Dance Moms?

bamagirl14 said:
Anyone watch the Lifetime reality show Dance Moms??? As we were about to enter the line for It's a Small World, I ran into Christie and Chloe :) Yes, for me this was better than Mickey Mouse. Took a few pics with the celebs and rode It's a Small World with them YAY!