Memorial Day Weekend

BoSoxGal

I’m headed on a gals trip with my sister Memorial Day weekend. The last few trips I took we rented a car or used ME. What’s happening with to/from these days? I’m trying to figure out if it’s worth renting a car. We’re staying at PVB but planning to visit AKL for Sanaa. I’m not a huge fan of Lyft or Uber and would like to avoid those. TYIA!!

Micah008

Staff member
I found this, which I’m guessing is the replacement for DME?

Has anyone used it?
Yes, Mears Connect is the most equivalent replacement to DME, since it is also run by Mears. In many ways it is essentially the same thing, just paid and without the Disney logos on the bus.

There is also this service:

We took a Lyft/Uber in part because it came out cheaper for the 4 of us. Overall it worked well, but it took a little longer than I expected to get a ride leaving the airport due to the number of people waiting to to use it (the area was very full) and the lack of vehicles. Coming back it worked great from the resort. I would price it out, but since only 2 of you, one of the bus services will likely come out cheaper.

esisson

I’m headed on a gals trip with my sister Memorial Day weekend. The last few trips I took we rented a car or used ME. What’s happening with to/from these days? I’m trying to figure out if it’s worth renting a car. We’re staying at PVB but planning to visit AKL for Sanaa. I’m not a huge fan of Lyft or Uber and would like to avoid those. TYIA!!
I'm headed there that weekend too. I'm going to try renting a car through Turo. I've never used it before, but you might look into that option if you haven't already.

Anne

I would probably rent a car or take the bus. Add in a meal at AKL and that would push me toward renting a car since getting from resort to resort via Disney transportation is often cumbersome. At this point I hate relying on internal Disney transportation even to the parks and it is worth it to rent a car, even if it's not the least expensive option. My husband experienced the same thing as Micah finding transportation from the airport. Cab/uber/lyft were all long waits to get a driver. He eventually shared a cab with another guy who was waiting.

Mrs Darling

Bricker has a recently updated guide

You could see if Dave has a recommendation on his site

BoSoxGal

Oh thanks for these! I think we’re going to book one of the bus services. Leaning towards Mears. The sunshine reviews I’ve read so far haven’t been great. Since it’s just the two of us (no kids woot!), and we’re celebrating her 50th birthday, our goal is to take it super chill and easy!