Memory Maker Share Guide for Leaders and Participants

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
Great news! I have updated my guide and published it as an ebook. The 25-page Sharing Disney's Memory Maker is available now in .pdf format for viewing on most PCs and devices for just $0.99. You can download it here:

https://gum.co/SharingDisneysMemoryMaker

As always, I'm happy to answer specific questions about sharing that are posted to the Photography Forum.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Rhonda

makes josh ride in the passenger seat
Awesome DoctorK! Thank you so much! One questions, do you know what happens differently if the fake account is added as a friend and not as family? Just curious so I can tell my people.
thanks again, this is great!!

DopeyRunr

Awesome DoctorK! Thank you so much! One questions, do you know what happens differently if the fake account is added as a friend and not as family? Just curious so I can tell my people.
thanks again, this is great!!
If you don't check the box indicating that they are family, as far as I know the only difference is you won't be able to see the Memory Maker confirmation number under My Reservations. There's a screenshot in there. I don't think there's any difference otherwise. It doesn't change permissions though so I recommend doing it.

F

fizboBunny

This should be a sticky.

On a side note, from the dummy account, do the managed friends show as can't view photos, yet their photos are still showing up?

Broncho

How does it work if pictures are missing? Would we have to contact support and get them to add them to our accounts and they would automatically show up on the dummy account?

DopeyRunr

Almost all of the pictures in the dummy account are actually NOT in the dummy account. They're from other people's linked accounts. So if you were missing pictures and contacted Disney to find them, they would still link those picture to your MDE account and because you'd be linked to the dummy account they'd show up in the dummy account for editing and downloading.

F

fizboBunny

A managed account is a MDE account created under another account. Like a child's account which was created in the parents.

We did not have a dummy account, because we split it between 3 families last trip. My mom bought the MM and linked it to her account. In her account the people with their own regular MDE accounts (me, my brother, his wife) show as "can view and purchase your PhotoPass photos." Those that are a managed account (my son, my nephews) show as "cannot view your plans or photos. More Information", but photos scanned to their bands did show up in my mom's photopass account. I don't see anyway to change the setting for a dummy account. My assumption is that as long as the person who manages them can view photos, then the managed account is able to use their band to add photos.

My mom made a "managed account" for everyone when she made her Disney plans. This was a huge pain in the butt because we had to call Disney and get the real people switched out with the ones she created so that we could make FPP in advance. On the trip she called in a panic (after I had left) because she couldn't make fpp for NephewL. I made them through the app for the group and that was that. Until I went to download our MM pics. I realized there were quite a few missing. That's when I realized she had never connected to my nephew's real account (the managed MDE version which his tickets and room stay were linked to). I sent the invite to my brother from her account, he accepted and then voila, the missing pics showed up. It must have been my nephew's band which was scanned for those.

Broncho

Almost all of the pictures in the dummy account are actually NOT in the dummy account. They're from other people's linked accounts. So if you were missing pictures and contacted Disney to find them, they would still link those picture to your MDE account and because you'd be linked to the dummy account they'd show up in the dummy account for editing and downloading.
That was what I thought but just double checking. Thanks DoctorK.

DopeyRunr

Just an update - I updated the instructions to make it clear how to link "managed" family members so that anybody in your family can use a Magic Band for PhotoPass pictures.

neffernie

Thanks. I was going to ask how this would work with the addition of ride photos being added automatically to MBs. If I understand the instructions, it shouldn't matter which MB it is added to as long as the MB is linked to the person in the share somehow. Does that sound right?

Example
Bob, Lisa, and Sara participate in the MM share.
Lisa has Joe and Timmy linked in MDE as her family.
Timmy rides SM. The ride photo is added automatically to Timmy's band.
Lisa should be able to view this photo in her MDE account.
Because she can view the photo in MDE, she should be able to edit it and download in the dummy account for the Share.

Does this logic pan out? Anyone want to help me with a "truth table"? (I feel like I am back in school)

F

fizboBunny

I don't think we will know the answers to that until we get some first hand reports.

F

fizboBunny

Also, Timmy and Joe will need to be linked to the Dummy account. Not just Lisa. This I know first hand.

neffernie

So using the example above, it would be best for Lisa to just have the photo added to her band just in case at the counter.