Memory Maker Share Guide for Leaders and Participants

disneydaisy

I am an AP holder that gets the memory maker as part of the AP deal. I have an MDE account which also has my daughter and a friend of mine on it. We are travelling as a large group to Disney the first week of April. My friend is on my account since she is not real familiar with Disney and just wants me to take care of FP+ etc. since we will be spending most of our time together. My daughter will be spending 4 of the days with her friends from band and will access my MDE to make her FP+ etc. She has done this before without any issues. My friend also has a son and a daughter who will be with their friends throughout the 4 days. I know that my daughter and my friend can get pictures taken and it will show up in my account. Is it possible to link her children's accounts to mine so that they can also take advantage of memory maker? If so, how can this be done without them actually having access to my account with FP+, ADR's, etc. They are not real knowledgeable in that area and I don't want them to accidentally cancel my ressies etc. Hope this all makes sense. Thanks for any help.

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
Sorry, yeah, haven't been and used Memory's Maker recently enough to be confident it was still accurate. They make changes frequently enough it was possible the information would be inaccurate.

cheerguin

I'm hoping for some help. First time running a share and when I went to "Download Photos" there was no way of actually seeing if the photos were downloading so I did this several times and seem to have tons of files. Some look like they might be repeats others are not. What do I do? We have 1500 pics. Some files are labeled (Part C 1) others (Part 1) and some have the same file size while others are different. If I call IT will they frown on this and ban me for life?!

jillyb

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversa
I'm hoping for some help. First time running a share and when I went to "Download Photos" there was no way of actually seeing if the photos were downloading so I did this several times and seem to have tons of files. Some look like they might be repeats others are not. What do I do? We have 1500 pics. Some files are labeled (Part C 1) others (Part 1) and some have the same file size while others are different. If I call IT will they frown on this and ban me for life?!
When I was participating in a share last August we had some issues with the downloads. I wasn't the leader but I did contact IT and they fixed the issue with no problem. There are enough issues with the downloads that they're not going to even blink.

ericwuyq

Hi, learned a lot from this post, thanks. I am still not clear about one question.
I have two kids and also my wife listed under my account, they all get their own magic bands and will scan it whenever they can. Do I need to scan mine too in that situation? And we'll not be in same park in some days (son and daughter picked different parks). Neither of them have logins/email and we are all under one email account, thus I couldn't send them to the share leader/dummy account. In this case, what is the best way I should do?

Second question, if I am sharing with a friend, and they don't have magic band and will use photo pass card. Am I understanding correctly that I don't have to invite them in the dummy account. They can just give me the photo pass card and I entered the number into dummy account.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

DopeyRunr

1. You don't need to also scan your band. One of your family members is enough.
2. Although they don't have their own logins, they will all have accounts (tied to their magic bands) so yes, they can be linked as friends/family to other accounts.
3. Yes that would work as long as they don't enter the photopass card into any other account first.

ericwuyq

1. You don't need to also scan your band. One of your family members is enough.
2. Although they don't have their own logins, they will all have accounts (tied to their magic bands) so yes, they can be linked as friends/family to other accounts.
3. Yes that would work as long as they don't enter the photopass card into any other account first.
Thanks so much. Will it work if I my friends and us are at different park on same day?

DopeyRunr

yes you can all be in multiple parks on the same day and all of the pictures from any scanned band will be there

TLPL

I want to check, is there any benefit to wait till the whole share group to get home before start downloading? Since we are no longer going to order CDs like before, and the photos will expire 45 days after taken, can we just download files as we go?

disneyfreak7

I purchased the guide book and was a leader last June. Looks like I will be a leader again this August. I was wondering about date range. If we have 4 or 5 families in my group and it starts 8/13, how far out do you suggest we can go? Someone wants to join the share group and they travel 8/24-9/2. The other families are in the range of 8/13-8/25.

jillyb

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversa
I purchased the guide book and was a leader last June. Looks like I will be a leader again this August. I was wondering about date range. If we have 4 or 5 families in my group and it starts 8/13, how far out do you suggest we can go? Someone wants to join the share group and they travel 8/24-9/2. The other families are in the range of 8/13-8/25.
I was in an August share last year and I think the trip for the Leader of the share group was around those dates so I think at least until Labor day would be feasible.

ETA: I checked the post from last year. The Leader of the share group returned on 09/07.

DopeyRunr

Date wise it shouldn't be a problem but those people who get back home first will have to wait a long time to get their pictures (probably mid to late September)?