Memory Maker Share Guide for Leaders and Participants

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
So using the example above, it would be best for Lisa to just have the photo added to her band just in case at the counter.
If you add all accounts, they'll all say "share PhotoPass photos with [dummy share account]" so they should all work with Magic Bands.

chocted

Thank you so much I now have a dummy account with me and all my family members linked to it as I followed your process to the letter :)

One quick question
In the 'dummy account' is it correct that if I click on My friends and family list next to my real account name it says
Tracy can view all your plans.
Tracy can view and purchase your PhotoPass photos

but next to the other family members (whose real accounts I manage) it says
XXX cannot view your plans or photos

In the real account they do have my dummy account as can view photopass photos

Just want to get it straight that this is all ok

Just need to get my other friends to join me know and then we can do a share :)

F

fizboBunny

Make sure the dummy account is only viewing shared plans from your account

chocted

Yes it does say in my real account that the dummy account can only view shared plans

It is when I am logged into the dummy account that I get the
Tracy can view all your plans.
Tracy can view and purchase your PhotoPass photos

I know that means I as real tracy can view all the dummy accounts stuff (obviously only has MM in it)

but next to the other family members (whose real accounts I manage) it says
XXX cannot view your plans or photos
- taking that to mean they can't look at the dummy account because they don't have their own MDE account and I manage them so that I would have to sort out their photos in the dummy account - which I obviously would anyway.

Hope that isn't too confusing but I think I know what I mean.

DopeyRunr

The dummy account needs to be able to view and purchase your members' PhotoPass photos. Otherwise they'd never get included in the Memory Maker downloads. Log in as a participant and make sure the permissions are set correctly to allow that.

chocted

thinking about it it probably won't matter since we are offsite with no magicbands we will have to use cards

DopeyRunr

How someone without a magic band would do to be part of a memory maker share?
It's easy (possibly easier than the Magic Bands actually)! You'll just get a PhotoPass card (for free) from any of the photographers. Use that one the entire trip, or get several - it doesn't matter. When you return home, you log into the Share Dummy Account, type in the PhotoPass Card Number from the back of the card, and the pictures will be associated with the Dummy account. Then you can edit and download to your heart's content!

speechpath70458

I'm currently finishing up a share. My personal acct included my family (husband, children, sister, and mother).We were all able to use our magic bands to receive photos. My personal acct was linked to the dummy acct. My family (husband, children, sister, mother) do not have their own personal MDE acct. I tested first by using combinations of photopass cards, my band, family bands. I did have an issue where one of the participants did not see photos in the dummy acct. The photopass photographer scanned her mother's card. However, I think her mother had her own acct and linked her acct to her daughter's acct (the MM participant). No big deal. She just sent her mom an invite to the dummy acct. Alternatively, she could also try entering the numbers/letters on the magic band. Also, you can go to the photo center in the parks, and they will put the photos from the magic band onto a photopass card. I guess photopass cards might be the safest bet for some. I'm always concerned about those getting lost.

Thanks. I was going to ask how this would work with the addition of ride photos being added automatically to MBs. If I understand the instructions, it shouldn't matter which MB it is added to as long as the MB is linked to the person in the share somehow. Does that sound right?

Example
Bob, Lisa, and Sara participate in the MM share.
Lisa has Joe and Timmy linked in MDE as her family.
Timmy rides SM. The ride photo is added automatically to Timmy's band.
Lisa should be able to view this photo in her MDE account.
Because she can view the photo in MDE, she should be able to edit it and download in the dummy account for the Share.

Does this logic pan out? Anyone want to help me with a "truth table"? (I feel like I am back in school)

i_amaral

It's easy (possibly easier than the Magic Bands actually)! You'll just get a PhotoPass card (for free) from any of the photographers. Use that one the entire trip, or get several - it doesn't matter. When you return home, you log into the Share Dummy Account, type in the PhotoPass Card Number from the back of the card, and the pictures will be associated with the Dummy account. Then you can edit and download to your heart's content!
humm thank you DoctorK!! now Im wondering what I need to do to get the ride photos? considering that Im staying on site

Last edited:

Rhonda

makes josh ride in the passenger seat
Im also still a tad confused about the ride photos. Since the dummy account is the account holder and there are no magic bands associated with that account, can we sill have our bands scanned at the photo counter? Or should we get cards for ride photos?
Thanks for all the work you have done on this!! And to all who have reported back after using it. It is SO helpful!!

DopeyRunr

humm thank you DoctorK!! now Im wondering what I need to do to get the ride photos? considering that Im staying off site
Im also still a tad confused about the ride photos. Since the dummy account is the account holder and there are no magic bands associated with that account, can we sill have our bands scanned at the photo counter? Or should we get cards for ride photos?
Thanks for all the work you have done on this!! And to all who have reported back after using it. It is SO helpful!!
Having ride photos put on cards is always an option, whether you're staying offsite or onsite. If you don't have a Magic Band it's the only option. If you do have a Magic Band, and it's linked to the dummy account, you can go to the counter, have your Magic Band scanned and the ride photo will be available in the dummy account.

"Automatic" linking of photo-to-band that just rolled out is NOT an option for share participants. You MUST go to the counter, either to have a card or Magic Band scanned.

Broncho

Having ride photos put on cards is always an option, whether you're staying offsite or onsite. If you don't have a Magic Band it's the only option. If you do have a Magic Band, and it's linked to the dummy account, you can go to the counter, have your Magic Band scanned and the ride photo will be available in the dummy account.

"Automatic" linking of photo-to-band that just rolled out is NOT an option for share participants. You MUST go to the counter, either to have a card or Magic Band scanned.
Not to beat a dead horse but, as long as the user whose magic band is scanned for the ride photo is linked to dummy account then it will add because it sees as somehow being part of the dummy's Memory Maker, right? I was confused how this was going to work so just trying to make sure I understand.

DopeyRunr

When the Cast Member at the counter scans *your* Magic Band, it become associated with *your* My PhotoPass account. If you have given the dummy account permission to view your PhotoPass pictures, then those pictures can be *also* be edited and downloaded from the dummy account. Which is what you'd want to do. Rather than paying $20/photo from *your* account, you'd want to download them for free from the dummy Memory Maker Share account, right?

Does that make sense?

Broncho

When the Cast Member at the counter scans *your* Magic Band, it become associated with *your* My PhotoPass account. If you have given the dummy account permission to view your PhotoPass pictures, then those pictures can be *also* be edited and downloaded from the dummy account. Which is what you'd want to do. Rather than paying $20/photo from *your* account, you'd want to download them for free from the dummy Memory Maker Share account, right?

Does that make sense?
It does, but I thought they wouldn't add the picture to your account for free unless you bought it? I may be thinking about it wrong though. The last time we were at WDW was in September 2012 and we had PhotoPass+, or whatever it was, where we got the ride photos and dining photos. I was under the impression at the time that the only way you get the ride pictures was with the PhotoPass+ card or to give them money right then. I thought that was the way it would work with Memory Maker, if it isn't tied directly into your account then you can't get the ride photos or the dining photos added without paying for them. If that isn't the case then great. I've looked but I haven't seen anything that says this one way or the other, i.e. how to get ride photos with magic bands without memory maker. Then again, I have been busy at work and haven't had a chance to extensively look.

DopeyRunr

LOTS has changed since 2012, and the way they do attraction photos with is completely different. You just tell them you have MemoryMaker, hold your band up to the scanner, and it gets attached to your account.

If you don't have MemoryMaker (or aren't part of a share) you can still buy the hard copies at the counters as before. I believe you can also have them scanned to your Magic Band and you can buy a digital download from home. But none of that should be of concern to you.

Broncho

OK, thanks for filling me in. I figured you knew what was going on but I'm an engineer, I like to double check if I don't know for sure.

chocted

Hi
When you purchase the memory maker for the dummy account am I right in assuming you get it assigned to the dummy account. It asked which person I wanted it assigned to from the list of friends and family who had linked up to the account already.
Think I am just paranoid as when I rang to speak to a CM about picking up the memorymaker card I wanted to know, as some of our party were arriving the day before us as the card wouldn't have been picked up, would their photos still link through to the dummy account. She asked for my MDE details so I gave her the dummy account details and she said there were no reservations etc on there so it wouldn't work I explained we were staying offsite hence no reservation and were buying tickets when we got there, think I covered everything but she wasn't convinced it would work at all, looking for reassurance as I have followed DoctorK's blog and thought I had it all worked out. Couldn't really tell her it was a share said we were a wedding party, partly true as 2 of the 4 groups are here on honeymoon and the other 2 groups hope to meet up :)

DopeyRunr

It works. Better not to ask CMs questions like that, though. First, they'll never have the correct information. Second, you don't want to publicize what you're doing.

Sign in under the dummy account and purchase the Memory Maker entitlement with that account. The entitlement should ONLY be assigned to the dummy account. Everyone else's access is through the Family and Friends mechanism.