Memory Maker Share Guide for Leaders and Participants

jillyb

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversa
The invitation wasn't showing up on my personal account. There was some kind of bug (surprise!) with MDE but it eventually resolved on its own and I was able to get the invites and we're all on the dummy account now.

momof3baldwins

I have a participant, she accepted the invite and she is linked to me. Her 18 year old daughter is on her MDE. But she says nowhere does it show anything to link her to the leader account. She's looked in notifications and can't find the invite for the daughter. The daughter doesnt show up on my end as able to be linked. What do we do? Do we need to call Disney? Thanks

csmommy

Hi - I see the OP's instructions aren't for sale anymore. How do I find out the steps I need to know in order to host one? Thanks!

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
It might be easier to send new invitations to those kids' accounts (which are managed by their parents) by selecting them from the friends of friends list after the parent accepts the linking invitation. The notifications to accept the invitations should be in the managing parent's notification center.

I bought the book last year and did a share then. Unfortunately the book was on my old computer which was fried when lightening struck our house while we were at Disney, so I don't have the book anymore. I have set up a share for this year also. I sent the invites, and they have been accepted by the main person on the MDE account. But a bunch of the people that are on their mde account are showing pending, and a lot of them are kids. For instance, the mom is the main person on the account and she accepted, but her kids show up on my friends and family as invite pending. Do they need to do something on their end so they wont be pending? How do they tell if everyone is connected to me? Thanks!

Aresis

Can anyone please show me a screenshot for this option?

It might be easier to send new invitations to those kids' accounts (which are managed by their parents) by selecting them from the friends of friends list after the parent accepts the linking invitation. The notifications to accept the invitations should be in the managing parent's notification center.
Also, where can the guide be bought?

Thanks!

DopeyRunr

Can anyone please show me a screenshot for this option?

Also, where can the guide be bought?

Thanks!
Capture.jpg

This option will show all of your friends' friends. So after you're linked to mom, assuming she's connected to her kids, those kids should show up.

The guide is no longer being published.

jenninaustin

I understand that the awesome book is no longer available so I've been digging through this thread trying to educate myself. Basic details: I bought MM for my upcoming trip and just offered to let someone on these boards join if she likes (and if I can figure out how to do it). This thread helped me understand that I can go ahead and transfer the MM download rights to a dummy account. I set up a dummy gmail account and used it to set up a dummy MyDExp account and then transferred MM over to that dummy account.

When I'm signed into the MyDExp dummy account, I can see all of my reservation details. Based on what I read on p. 10ish of this thread, it looks like that is "normal" but I'm still a little worried b/c the dummy account can change my FP reservations (maybe change other things too?). Is that the only option I have - to have all my reservations viewable to anyone on the share?

WhoDat

Need advice. Was looking to join in or setup a share. When looking around found a few people who were getting one going. On person her trip began on Sept 12th. Everyone else's trip will end before Oct 12th.

The person who already went setup a dummy account and was going to purchase MM now (after her trip passed). Then add all of us, etc and proceed on. For some reason I thought I remember reading somewhere that this would not work. Anyone familiar with this know if this will work and if not why? Thanks in advance!!

crewsn

Thanks DopeyRunr for all your information on this thread.

It seems every year the settings look/have been updated by Disney to just a slight variant to make you have to rethink everything.

I am managing a share and have the dummy account set up. I am starting now to add each of the share members and get things set up.

Under the Dummy Account I added myself. I checked under my profile "All My Plans" and the have checked "My Disney Photopass Photos".
Then under the dummy account as well my other family members though have checked "only our shared plans" and the "My Disney Photopass Photos".

Then when you go back under my personal MDE account. I have the Dummy account showing under my family and friends.
There I checked "Only Our Shared Plans" and "My Disney Photopass".

This seems to allow for the two accounts to be linked and show the photopass connected on my personal MDE without allowing my reservations to show up on the Dummy Account which would allow others access to them.

Is this correct though?

This is how I have my old notes to be, but the options look slightly different now. I hope this makes sense and is not too wordy.

crewsn

I was just making sure those settings are right.

I do not have the dummy account set to share all plans, but "only our shared plans" under my account. To prevent the dummy account from having access to my fastpass reservations. My notes have this as where I did this last year, but it is giving me this error messages in the dummy account above the memory maker.

Error:
Does anyone on your Family & Friends list manage a Memory Maker purchase?
In order to see the details of a Memory Maker that is assigned to another Guest, you and that Guest must first allow each other to view all plans in Family & Friendsm

It does not give me this error message on my personal MDE account though and shoes the memory maker linked.

DopeyRunr

I do not have the dummy account set to share all plans, but "only our shared plans" under my account
Are you talking about your account or the dummy account here? I'm confused where you're seeing the error message (on which account and on which screen).