Memory Maker Share Guide for Leaders and Participants

crewsn

The error message is coming up on the dummy account. It does not show up on my personal my disney experience account.

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
I'm sorry - I have no idea what's causing it or what you're trying to do that's making the error pop up so I'm afraid I'm no help.

Wendie

I know that there are 45 days from the time the photo is taken until it expires, but is there any limit to the timeframe that people download in? Like, if my first traveler is traveling the 3rd-10th, can she download her pictures on the 11th without screwing up the people traveling at the end of the month? Sorry if this is a repeat question, I've read about 8 of the 17 pages so far and not saw it anywhere.

DopeyRunr

I know that there are 45 days from the time the photo is taken until it expires, but is there any limit to the timeframe that people download in? Like, if my first traveler is traveling the 3rd-10th, can she download her pictures on the 11th without screwing up the people traveling at the end of the month? Sorry if this is a repeat question, I've read about 8 of the 17 pages so far and not saw it anywhere.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/memory-maker/usage-window/

tlh119

I read though most of the pages so if I missed the answer to my question, please point me to the page where I missed it. We are travelling with friends and we decided to share using our own accounts (no dummy account involved). The MM purchase is listed under our account and the leader of the other group is listed under our friends and family list. The rest of the other group is listed under the other leader's account. My question is does everyone from the other group have to be linked as a friend under our account? In other words, if someone from the other group that is not the leader scans their band for photos, will they show up in our account? I shared with family 2 years ago and we only had to add the leader of the other group and it worked fine but things change and I just want to make sure we have everything set up correctly. Thanks!

DopeyRunr

I read though most of the pages so if I missed the answer to my question, please point me to the page where I missed it. We are travelling with friends and we decided to share using our own accounts (no dummy account involved). The MM purchase is listed under our account and the leader of the other group is listed under our friends and family list. The rest of the other group is listed under the other leader's account. My question is does everyone from the other group have to be linked as a friend under our account? In other words, if someone from the other group that is not the leader scans their band for photos, will they show up in our account? I shared with family 2 years ago and we only had to add the leader of the other group and it worked fine but things change and I just want to make sure we have everything set up correctly. Thanks!
Everyone should be added to your account under Family and Friends to be safe. But normally, any accounts *managed* by your linked friend (e.g., young children, perhaps a spouse) should work without having to be individually linked. But I always recommend to be explicit about it and link everyone.

tlh119

Everyone should be added to your account under Family and Friends to be safe. But normally, any accounts *managed* by your linked friend (e.g., young children, perhaps a spouse) should work without having to be individually linked. But I always recommend to be explicit about it and link everyone.
Thank you! I will provide an update as to what worked when we get back.

tlh119

I just wanted to give an update on our experience. We ended up only adding the other family 'manager' and, once that was done, we could see all of the members of the other family in our account. I am guessing that this happened because the other 'manager' was the only one with the MDE account so everyone listed under them was included as a friend/family member in our account. Once we were at the parks, everyone from both families could tap to add photos to the Photopass account (both from photographers and ride photos).

mrstski

Hi DopeyRunr - I had purchased your ebook back in late 2015 and it was very helpful. Is there any updated version to purchase now, or do most items remain the same? Thank you!

jillyb

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversa
Hi DopeyRunr - I had purchased your ebook back in late 2015 and it was very helpful. Is there any updated version to purchase now, or do most items remain the same? Thank you!
I could have sworn he posted here about this but I can't find it now. There's no updated version and you can no longer purchase the ebook. I think for the most part it has remained the same.

DopeyRunr

Sorry, too many changes and too hard to update so I stopped distributing it a couple of years ago.

mrstski

DoperRunr - Can you help me understand if I should buy Memory Maker under my actual MDE and then assign it to the dummy account... or if I should just buy it through the dummy account? Do you have any preference? I see others assigning it to the dummy account, but not sure why you need to do that. Is it to avoid any credit card info on the dummy account?

mrstski

Thank you! I bought your book back in 2016 and just want to say thanks! Is it pretty straightforward on how to assign the MM to the dummy account?

DopeyRunr

Thank you! I bought your book back in 2016 and just want to say thanks! Is it pretty straightforward on how to assign the MM to the dummy account?
It should be. I haven't done it in years (which is why I stopped distributing the book) but I wouldn't expect assigning the entitlement to be much different.

Alcachofa

I'm thinking of running a small share, since no one seems to be stepping up to lead one when I'm there. The one part of the process I'd like a little more certainty on is assigning the MM from my real MDE to the dummy account. As noted above, it looks like it's probably best not to use a credit card in the dummy account, because someone could theoretically abuse it.

So, is the "assigning" process very straightforward? Will I find the button to click to do this easily, or is it hidden somewhere?

Thanks.

Alcachofa

I'm thinking of running a small share, since no one seems to be stepping up to lead one when I'm there. The one part of the process I'd like a little more certainty on is assigning the MM from my real MDE to the dummy account. As noted above, it looks like it's probably best not to use a credit card in the dummy account, because someone could theoretically abuse it.

So, is the "assigning" process very straightforward? Will I find the button to click to do this easily, or is it hidden somewhere?

Thanks.
Anyone? Hellooo? Bueller? Bueller? :RpS_biggrin:

DopeyRunr

I haven't done that in years, so I couldn't say. I don't suspect it's impossible to find, since lots of people do it, but that could change, I suppose.

Alcachofa

From the current Memory Maker FAQ on the disney website:

Once you start downloading, you have 30 days to add more photos: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/memory-maker/usage-window/
Photos expire 45 days after they were taken: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/memory-maker/photo-availability-period/
You can download them as many times as you like until they expire: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/memory-maker/download-period/
Just so I'm crystal clear:
If the share's first photo is taken on April 18, does that mean no one can add photos after May 17th?
OR if I don't do the first download until, say, May 3, I have until June 1 to add more photos in the parks?

I think that it is the latter, but need to make sure.

EDIT: confirmed that it is the latter. The most confusing this about this is the different time windows involved. Do a search in this thread for "45 days" (include the quotation marks!) if you want to read up on this.

Last edited: