Memory Maker Share Guide for Leaders and Participants

holliefabbabe

so can i use the rifd cards or the photopass cards to get ride pictures, and we are one of 5 partys traveling , but none will have magicbands

holliefabbabe

Fab , oh so i dont need a card like the photopass+ one that we had last year, cool, do i just say i have memory maker then after a ride at the photobooth

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
You'll have to have the picture applied to something. If you don't have magic bands then you'll need a PhotoPass card - but just a regular one will work if you explain that you have Memory Maker. Those PhotoPass+ cards on the lanyard aren't used or needed anymore.

holliefabbabe

when it comes to downloading them, the dummy account can see them all, but each account will only see there own (and be able to download), providing they join the dummy account and i approve them

DopeyRunr

The dummy account will be able to view all of the pictures that are scanned to a linked magic band. Additionally, each participant will need to have the login information for the dummy account to upload the PhotoPass cards. They will NOT be able to download pictures from their own account (without paying an additional hefty price).

heathsf

Just read through the thread. This is so amazing, I can't believe I didn't know this existed until now! None of the families on the share can view/access each others plans in any way, correct? Even through the dummy account? Only photos are linked?

DopeyRunr

Just read through the thread. This is so amazing, I can't believe I didn't know this existed until now! None of the families on the share can view/access each others plans in any way, correct? Even through the dummy account? Only photos are linked?
If you set up permissions so you can only view shared plans, then you'll only be able to view plans you have in common with other participants (for instance, if you made an ADR with some of the other participants, they would be able to see that). Its possible WDW will change things so more information would be viewable, but none should be changeable at all, if that's your concern.

heathsf

If someone has already purchased a MM, but hasn't started their vacation yet, can the entitlement be transferred to a dummy account or is it too late for that?

DopeyRunr

As long as no pictures have been taken on it, it can be re-assigned to the dummy account (it's possible that you could do this after pictures are taken but I have no confirmation of that). I'm not sure if that will start a new 3-day waiting period, but I don't think it would.

neffernie

Quick question.

Once a member of the group has edited and downloaded their photos from the dummy account, is there a way to delete the photos to make it easier for the rest of the group to search through or do you just have to wait until they expire?

DopeyRunr

There is no *easy* way to delete the photos (such as simply "unlinking" the account). Only going into each photo one by one and deleting is it possible. That's way too much work in my opinion.

Searching shouldn't be that big a deal though - pictures are grouped first by park and then listed chronologically and further grouped by activity (such as "Princess Meet and Greet," "Tinkerbell Meet and Greet," etc. That will make editing easier. As for downloading, that's a different story. You can download all and delete the ones you don't want, or you can download one-by-one (or do a combination of the two).

coolmom

Is there any reason a child needs to be linked to the dummy MDE account if the parent is already linked and the child is always with the parent?

DopeyRunr

Is there any reason a child needs to be linked to the dummy MDE account if the parent is already linked and the child is always with the parent?
The only reason would be for maximum flexibility. But otherwise, no.