Missing Josh...

beachta1

Dream Builder
We leave for our trip next Wednesday. For trips of years past, I was already binge reading Josh's posts to catch up everything new and his opinions. It feels weird to be going without his insights, or to post here anymore. Its just a bummer and I'm feeling sad about it today :/

Mrs Darling

I think that “hole” will be there for many of us for a long time. I lost a friend & running mentor to cancer in the last year too and I notice the same thing. A little bit of joy is missing when I run, even though I know he’d be the first to want me to keep doing something we loved. I feel like I’m honouring him by keeping on keeping on and keeping his memory alive in little ways.

BoSoxGal

Funny I had this same feeling today. I’m leaving the week after you. I would also comb through all of the festival posts and recent updates to gear up and add to the excitement. It definitely does not feel the same :(

projectx

I completely understand. While we've interacted on this forum, I've never met the man in person. Still... just jumping onto this forum isn't the same. Looking out to our Thanksgiving trip... yes, we will have fun, and yes, we will make great memories... but a part of it will be missing, as strange as that may sound.

ThemeParkCommando

I have my reservations for September for a quick 3 day trip to WDW. I keep seeing my Ten Dragons shirt in my closet. I am looking forward to wearing it to Nine Dragons, and happy to remember and honor Josh. at the parks, as I remember him every day as I visit this site. I'm going to take a tilted, artsy photo, just for him.

allgiggles

I'm feeling the same way. We leave in a few weeks and normally I'd be re-reading Josh's posts to make sure I know what I'm doing for the trip. I'm really missing the Genie+ game plans he was never able to complete. I know I will catch myself looking for him in the parks as well.

RetroCOTfan

I still haven't read his last post. I just can't. I've read the opening paragraphs (that appear on the home page) a half dozen times or so and smiled, but I just can't click through. I know it's silly, but it's like my mind is telling me that once I read that, it's really done. There's no new content. No new jokes. No new references to the position of the sun or throwing $10k on the ground or feeling crowded or...well any of it. No new Josh, walking me through the state of the parks, commenting on construction, documenting the price changes at food carts, and timing touring plans/strategies.

And it makes me sad.

magic1106

May be computer illiterate, but I figured out how
I’m finding it harder and harder to check in here. All of you are amazing, wonderful, supportive, helpful, and have great stories but since I don’t have a trip planned, I’m not finding a reason to. It saddens me to think of Josh and know I will never have the chance to tell him how appreciated he was.

I will definitely need help next year when we plan our trip and I consider this site the most trustworthy and reliable. I wouldn’t know where to turn if I didn’t have you all

I’m finding it harder and harder to check in here. All of you are amazing, wonderful, supportive, helpful, and have great stories but since I don’t have a trip planned, I’m not finding a reason to. It saddens me to think of Josh and know I will never have the chance to tell him how appreciated he was.

I will definitely need help next year when we plan our trip and I consider this site the most trustworthy and reliable. I wouldn’t know where to turn if I didn’t have you all
I think Josh knew how appreciated he was; of course, many of us desire to have been able to tell it face to face, I understand completely 😔

KtMcObs

Josh's birthday was last Thursday, 5/5. It was bittersweet to be at the parks that day, wondering what he'd make of all the new things coming up on the horizon.
Josh's birthday is actually June 5th. He shared it with me as I had offered to put his name on my hotel reservation for the 50th anniversary so that he could have early access to the parks that week. He shared his birthdate with me so that I could add him to the DVC reservation and link our MDE accounts. We actually didn't need his birthdate. He ended up asking that I remove his name from the reservation just a few weeks prior. Little did I know that he was beginning to spiral due to the adverse reaction to his medication. Anyway, that's how I know Josh's birthday is June 5, 1985 (it can also be verified via his obituary). Be sure to take a moment to honor him that day.

Pembo

We were at the parks two weekends ago…and I felt sad. Then I realized I was missing Josh and his perspective and advice. After so many years of reading his stuff and relying on his info. It was just hard being there knowing he’s gone. And I never even met him….

lovett1979

I still haven't read his last post. I just can't. I've read the opening paragraphs (that appear on the home page) a half dozen times or so and smiled, but I just can't click through. I know it's silly, but it's like my mind is telling me that once I read that, it's really done. There's no new content. No new jokes. No new references to the position of the sun or throwing $10k on the ground or feeling crowded or...well any of it. No new Josh, walking me through the state of the parks, commenting on construction, documenting the price changes at food carts, and timing touring plans/strategies.

And it makes me sad.

I feel the same way. I had had that page open in my browser for a few weeks and just hadn't gotten around to reading it yet. Then he died, and I can't bring myself to read it because it will be the last thing.

merbears

Josh's birthday is actually June 5th. He shared it with me as I had offered to put his name on my hotel reservation for the 50th anniversary so that he could have early access to the parks that week. He shared his birthdate with me so that I could add him to the DVC reservation and link our MDE accounts. We actually didn't need his birthdate. He ended up asking that I remove his name from the reservation just a few weeks prior. Little did I know that he was beginning to spiral due to the adverse reaction to his medication. Anyway, that's how I know Josh's birthday is June 5, 1985 (it can also be verified via his obituary). Be sure to take a moment to honor him that day.

Just got chills reading this. After my last trip in March right after I could not bring myself to come back to this site until today .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RetroCOTfan

I had forgotten, until I received the notice of the new posting to this thread. Wishing peace and comfort to Josh’s family on what is certainly a difficult day for them.

May his memory be a blessing.

SS Disney

I know you all have known for a minute about Josh but today is the day that the person who I could rely on for some ironic joy is gone. WFT why did our friend leave. JOSH I miss you. Bye friend bye. I hope you live in a world with endless GREAT theme park food, rides, and joy.