MK & AK now opening at 8??

dadietr

Disney just changed their schedule to have AK and MK opening at 8 while we are there, instead of 9, so I am working to adjust our park plans.

Will the crowds still be lower until 9:30 or 10 or will everyone just arrive earlier. We are visiting during Spring Break with CL7 and CL8.

It is showing that the Safari is not opening until 8:30 that day. Do you think they will change the opening of Safari to also be 8:00? Or is it time to adjust the order I visit the attractions?

Thanks!

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Kilimanjaro should start operating at Park open. There are two 8am opens and it started operating at Park open both days.

The people that tend to arrive around 9:30am-10am do so regardless of the time the Park opens. The 8am open should basically give you an additional hour of low crowds and waits.

KimDisFan

Kilimanjaro should start operating at Park open. There are two 8am opens and it started operating at Park open both days.

The people that tend to arrive around 9:30am-10am do so regardless of the time the Park opens. The 8am open should basically give you an additional hour of low crowds and waits.

Is this also true for the rides at MK? We have a 8am opening (not EMH) and plan on going straight to Big Thunder Mtn and Splash Mtn.

freedrph

We did 8am MK opening today were hitting the BTRMM side of the park. We rode it 3 times and splash once. By 10am, we were done with that side of the park, with 2 waits for characters. That is when I noticed the crowds. On mondAy for a 8am AK opening were got so much done, I wished I had made evening FPs at another park.