MK touring question

bamagirl14

I am planning RD for our first day at MK and it is a recommended day; however, I am not sure where to start... Space Mountain is a must, POC is a must and other than that Im not sure what else there is to do at MK. Suggestions for touring and attractions?? sons 7 and 13. Both will ride coasters. Thanks.

Ferg

on josh's private jet to tokyo disneysea...someday
We will be more than happy to help you make a plan. I would first suggest reviewing this link http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showt...yWDW-Touring-Plans-and-Attraction-Information that has a description of all of the attractions in MK. From there, do your best to list out what you want to do. Also, when are you going to MK and for one day or more? There are also many possible TP plans in this forum from other days if it helps to glance at others to get an idea. But I would start with reading the attractions descriptions and making a list of what you want to do or if it is everything, then be sure you have more than one day! :)

bamagirl14

I have one more question... My days for MK are set for morning through afternoon on 3/6 and evening for 3/7 which is when my chef mickey's adr will be (5:20 p.m.). i did this b/c of MSEP not being scheduled which I want my kids to experience (i love it). Well, now it has been added to 3/8 which is my day for AK. I don't know what to do??? AK is NOT recommended for 3/7 and I don't think i'll have any luck re-arranging adr for chef mickey's. Love this wrench thrown in my plans!!! Could do hopper I guess???? can i add this option when we arrive on 3/3???

off2neverland

Peanut butter is yummy.
Rebecca-
You can add the hopper at anytime- same cost.
Why don't you post or repost your planned itinerary in Itinerary forum and let's see if we can help you rearrange so you can see MSEP and possibly not need hopper?

Havoc315

Banned
I would not do either of those rides at Rope Drop, simply because they aren't rides that draw massive lines in the early morning. And with Space Mountain, FPs are available through the day. For most families, the best rope drop start is Fantasy land --- Because you can knock off 4-5 attractions in that first hour, attractions that will all gather lines later. Though, with a 13 year-old son, you may feel your family has aged out of Fantasy Land.
Still, I'd made Pirates more of a mid-morning goal. With Space Mountain, I'd use fastpass for it. While waiting for your FP return, I'd do Buzz Lightyear, Monster's Laugh Floor.
If your kids want to do the Tomorrow Land Speedway -- that's a good rope drop attraction, as lines form early on.
So I might do something like -- Start at the Speedway. Then grab a FP for Space Mountain. Ride Buzz, Laugh Floor, then ride Space Mountain. Then work your way to Adventure Land. If you have a runner, let them get FPs for Splash Mountain or Thunder Mountain. (if open for your trip). Then ride POC and other stuff around Adventure Land.

To give you an idea --- on a 9+ Magic Kingdom day, we did POC about an hour and a half after rope drop (8 am rope drop, got to POC about 9:30), with no wait.

bamagirl14

Ok, after reading the touring plans forum this is all I have. TOP priorities...Space Mountain, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Buzz and I want to do the Hall of Presidents. This is it guys and truly, Im cant make a decision on what else to do at MK just from reading. So, let's say you are going to MK today, tell me exactly what you would do.....please! Im starting to panic b/c I cant get a touring plan in place. Doing MK 1/2 day morning on Tuesday and 1/2 day evening (plus Chef Mickey) on Wednesday.

bamagirl14

Rebecca-
You can add the hopper at anytime- same cost.
Why don't you post or repost your planned itinerary in Itinerary forum and let's see if we can help you rearrange so you can see MSEP and possibly not need hopper?

MSEP is scheduled for Thursday, 3/8, I have this day reserved for AK based on Josh's recommendation. Ak not recommended on Wednesday. what should I do???

Ferg

on josh's private jet to tokyo disneysea...someday
Ok, after reading the touring plans forum this is all I have. TOP priorities...Space Mountain, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Buzz and I want to do the Hall of Presidents. This is it guys and truly, Im cant make a decision on what else to do at MK just from reading. So, let's say you are going to MK today, tell me exactly what you would do.....please! Im starting to panic b/c I cant get a touring plan in place. Doing MK 1/2 day morning on Tuesday and 1/2 day evening (plus Chef Mickey) on Wednesday.

We can't decide for you what you will want to ride. But if that is all you are interested in riding, should be no problem.
RD
Ride Space Mt
Ride Buzz
FPV Space Mt
Ride HM -- if ahead of schedule, ride again.
10:15 See Pirate Tutorial (if you like the pirates ride, would probably like this show)
Ride Pirates
Use Space FP if it is time.
Hall of Presidents

Wed -- what time does your half day start? After Chef Mickey? And you want to experience these same attractions again on this day?

Jade

Hi Rebecca,

I have nowhere near the experience of most of the people on this forum, but I'll throw in my two cents.

First, if you're looking for more info on rides, you might want to try going to YouTube to watch some videos. Without knowing you or your kids, its hard to make suggestions. I will recommend Mickey's Philharmagic because we saw it about six times the last time we were there - DD loved it.

Second, I don't think it's an issue that you don't have more listed. In my opinion, the touring plan is there to help you get your priorities done, and it sounds like you'll do that.

Last edited:

Jade

Sorry! I shouldnt try to type on my phone ... that posted before I was done (and somehow the site went down at the same time. Did I bring the site down?).

Anyway, I was going to recommend Mickey's Philharmagic because my daughter loved that last time and she was close to your younger son's age.

My other point was that as long as you get your priorities done, I think you can look around and decide what to do once you're there, though I'm sure others would disagree.

DisneySmiles

Some other suggestions for rides/activities based on the age of your boys:

*Splash Mountain (my favorite!)
*Pirate Tutorial - Capt Jack Sparrow does a show and some kids get picked to go up and sword fight a pirate and become part of Jack's crew. DS7 would probably love it. DS13 is probably too old to care about it, but might still enjoy watching)??
*In my opinion you are never too old to enjoy the classics of Peter Pan and Small World (at least once!).
*Mickey's Philharmagic is an awesome 3D show
*People Mover or Train are both fun ways to relax and see some interesting parts of the park
*You could try the new Sorcerers of the MK game
*We also try to time it so that we can ride Buzz multiple times (during evening fireworks, after 8pm, etc.) Last trip we rode about 6 times in a row, no FP and walk-on, around 8:30 (park closed at 9). It is fun seeing if you can beat your score each time.
*You also mentioned Haunted Mansion and Pirates and we usually try and hit those a few times too! There is always something different to look at each time you go.

Meeska Mooska

josh's mathematician and no expiration upgrade exp
Hi Rebecca,

I posted my MK touring plan today, and if you look back a couple of weeks, my HS is there too. Our boys have the same priorities, and we'll be there the same days, so we may be following each other around :)

I PM'd you my contact info. Leaving tomorrow, so maybe I'll see you there?
Lizanne