Monorail

Do we know if the resort and Epcot monorails are running? I keep hearing different things since the p reopened. If so, we know how long that will run in the evening?

lovett1979

My understanding (from watching a number of YouTubers at the parks) is that the resort monorail IS running, and the Epcot monorail IS NOT running. I would think that the Epcot monorail would resume operations only when park hopping becomes possible again?

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, the resort monorail should be operating while Epcot is still not. Seeing the Epcot monorail run again once park hopping is back is probably a good guess. If anything, the fact that it's a bus from Epcot back to your Magic Kingdom area resort is a good thing. It took forever to get from Epcot to the Contemporary on the monorail(s) versus the 15-minute drive.

Yes, the resort monorail should be operating while Epcot is still not. Seeing the Epcot monorail run again once park hopping is back is probably a good guess. If anything, the fact that it's a bus from Epcot back to your Magic Kingdom area resort is a good thing. It took forever to get from Epcot to the Contemporary on the monorail(s) versus the 15-minute drive.
Thanks! We will have our own car, but I wanted to check on monorail status. It would make sense for the Epcot monorail to not run until park hopping resumes.