More reopening

Micah008

Staff member
Great news!

I hope they have the staff and can actually go through with it this time...both Flying Fish and Jiko previously had re-opening dates planned (in August/Sept) that didn't happen.

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
Great news!

I hope they have the staff and can actually go through with it this time...both Flying Fish and Jiko previously had re-opening dates planned (in August/Sept) that didn't happen.
Yeah, hopefully they learned from last time and haven't announced prematurely. I heard that the delay was due to kitchen/cook staffing shortage. I know at FF they're back in the restaurant, probably training, refreshing, etc.

BoSoxGal

Has anyone heard when tea will be back at GF? My sister and I are doing a trip for her 50th in May. I’d love to do that for the occasion.

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
For a party of two, reopening weekend, almost every ADR is gone. Late Saturday and later Sunday are available, nothing from 5-8 PM.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
I was at Flying Fish the night before it closed for refurbishment. It is on the dark side so I took my flash for my camera. The flash will light up something a couple hundred feet away if you want it to. Ordinarily, I have it set to light up 2/3 of a stop lower than what's necessary as to minimize the annoyance of other diners. And usually I bounce it off the ceiling. But I had put the flash on but not secured it to the camera with the slider doohickey thing. So it went off full blast in the restaurant. Imagine the brightest light you've ever seen and multiply it by about 40. Unless your light is really bright and it's more like 20. But we are talking The Lighthouse here. Literally everyone in the restaurant turned around. Luckily I am emotionless and just sat there like nothing happened. But the table behind us was so drunk they didn't even notice anything had happened. It's one of my favorite stories. If I hit you with this flash from 20 feet away with your eyes open it would at best make you see black spots all day. They didn't even notice.

And depending on your Flying Fish time, you will probably see me. Flash or not. We can always commiserate at Abracadabar. I'm 3% nicer than I seem. And 10% nicer if they have the pork belly.

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
And depending on your Flying Fish time, you will probably see me. Flash or not. We can always commiserate at Abracadabar. I'm 3% nicer than I seem. And 10% nicer if they have the pork belly.

The pork belly is on the menu. But the crab cake app is not. I like both. We're going early-ish on 1/29. 5:45 I think.