MouseQuiz Trivia

Micah008

Staff member
hi Micah! It's been fun playing trivia on Fridays on MouseQuiz! :)
Thanks!

It has been fun playing trivia, and especially fun that my oldest son could even write questions a few times. We missed a few weeks recently just because we have been a little busier, but we will continue doing it for sure.

TiggerGirl

Thanks!

It has been fun playing trivia, and especially fun that my oldest son could even write questions a few times. We missed a few weeks recently just because we have been a little busier, but we will continue doing it for sure.
yeah I have missed the last three weeks myself. The Crushers have done fine without me and probably don't want me back haha

Strangeite

Do a search for MouseQuiz on YouTube and you should find it easily. It is every Friday night at 9pm Eastern, and run by Chad of MyDVCPoints (podcast, app, etc).

He has on special guests some weeks, and wide variety of Disney trivia you can play along from your smartphone/tablet.
That looks like fun and my family needs to play because it might be the only group of people that might be able to take us in Disney Trivia.

I started one of the streams from May and they said something about "joining a team". How important is that and how do you either join or start a team?

Micah008

Staff member
That looks like fun and my family needs to play because it might be the only group of people that might be able to take us in Disney Trivia.

I started one of the streams from May and they said something about "joining a team". How important is that and how do you either join or start a team?
In my opinion the team thing really doesn't matter much... and I usually just do the My DVC Points team. You can also do Free Agent and not join a team. But there are a few people that care a lot more about the teams and team rankings. ... or we could start an easyWDW team. :)

Strangeite

... or we could start an easyWDW team. :)
I would probably be game for that but let me and the family play one week as Free Agents before I commit.

I know I am derailing the thread, but if we do start an easyWDW team, is it more beneficial to have a higher number of members in aggregate or a limited number of players that all score high? I have never played utilizing that website before.

TiggerGirl

okay first of all if you're good at trivia, please come join my team, The Crushers

If you're not so good, you can be a free agent

There is a requirement to get your own team but i'm not sure what it is off the top of my head, I can try to find out

It's really a lot of fun - Chad from MyDVCPoints started it in answer to all of us staying home because of Covid19. It used to be Wednesdays and Fridays with Wednesdays being dedicated to kids but let me tell you, there was no slack in those questions!

i'm one of the quiz writers but haven't done it for a while due to other commitments and also due to my team, The Crushers, having a run of first place wins - if I write questions, I obviously can't answer that round so we lose points.

And yes- the more people the better. It's more important on a team to be slow and have the right answer. For an individual it's more important to fast AND right.

The general rule of thumb the writers use is that the questions are things they already know off the top of their head and then they use google to confirm. It's not like this totally obscure what color tie was the father in 101 Dalmatians wearing.

Oh and you'll want to watch from one source and play from another. i.e. watch from YouTube and play from your phone or watch from FB and play from your phone etc. I also tend to disconnect my wifi and use data for a faster connection though I'm not entirely sure it works.

There are no prizes - just bragging rites but believe me, we take them seriously lol

Fridays at 9pm and he's committed to do it through April at least.

TiggerGirl

okay so i found out and if you decide you want a team Josh has to let them post about the trivia on his FB page - like share a link to the Trivia gave earlier on Friday onto the EasyWDW FB and you have to give him a name. That's it

One night there was someone playing with the name "Sherry please, i haven't seen the kids in three wee...." LOL it was like OMG what????

and shoot there was something else I was going to say but I can't remember now - oh well - I'll be back

MyDVCPoints

okay so i found out and if you decide you want a team Josh has to let them post about the trivia on his FB page - like share a link to the Trivia gave earlier on Friday onto the EasyWDW FB and you have to give him a name. That's it

One night there was someone playing with the name "Sherry please, i haven't seen the kids in three wee...." LOL it was like OMG what????

and shoot there was something else I was going to say but I can't remember now - oh well - I'll be back
Hey Gang! Happy to see Mouse Quiz getting some discussion.

Normally, it's a podcast team however, I'm open to any group in the Disney community that wants a team. If you had a Facebook group, I'd just ask permission to share the actual Livestream posts in the group as the Mouse Quiz page.

Given that Easy WDW is an online forum community, I'd just ask for a team captain to get in touch with me. I ask for some type of visibility so that we can keep the team active. (I don't want to have 50 teams on the list and only have 5-6 active). Perhaps a forum thread for Easy WDW Mouse Quiz Trivia Team. We're pretty regular with our newsletter the last 3 weeks. That's been working out well. So if people provide a real email address, we'll keep them up to date.

Thanks and I hope everybody considers staying home, staying safe, and staying magical while playing trivia.

Chad

TiggerGirl

Ha! he found us! I'm hoping to play tonight - I have a family dinner but should be home in time. A lot of times they will release the topics during the day if you want to check out the facebook pages of MyDVCPoints or MouseQuiz then you can decide if you like those topics and want to participate or not and also you can 'study' if you need to brush up on a topic haha

Micah008

Staff member
Looks like the topic tonight is "Scents"... scents on Rides, at Resorts, and of Food. Doesn't look like a typical night since there is a special guest, but should still be fun.

Micah008

Staff member
I saw a few new names with @Strangeite and his family joining last night, and @TiggerGirl there too.

I did pretty well on the first set of questions, and was still in 4th place overall after the second set (where no one did that well). But I didn't do as well on the third (and he increased the points of it) so I fell out of the top 10 for the night. My wife and son enjoyed beating me on that thrid set of questions.

Hope you guys enjoyed it Strangeite.

As a test of my moderation skills I split apart the MouseQuiz Trivia topic into its own thread, out of the No DVC Waitlist Until the Parks Reopen thread where the topic started.

(... actually it wasn't that bad) :)

Strangeite

We had a lot of fun and based on my daughters reaction in particular, I think we now have a new Friday night tradition.

I don't want to comment on my performance. There was a fair amount of tech support happening in the background, but I think I have a much better grasp on how to handle it. There is a learning curve and moderating lag between devices is definitely a thing. Honestly, they're tweaks I need to make to my home network anyway.

We were a little worried that we would embarrass ourselves, and while our scores didn't show it, we feel pretty good about how we will represent once I get the tech side sorted out.

TiggerGirl

there's a tremendous lag between FB and where live stream where I play from my phone. Like 15-20 seconds.

I did HORRIBLE - stunk the place up lol and speaking of which I went to go look at that lady's candles because I almost felt bad for her at times and I wanted to support her and I LOVE Disney Smells - but man she is expensive!