My April Itinerary

Brandie

Will work for Dole Whips.
Fri, April 1 -arrive FtW.
Sat, April 2 - RD AK. WCC dinner. Hope to hit either campfire program at the Ft. or Wishes from the beach.
Sun, April 3 - RD MK. Break. 'Ohana dinner. Some of us might go back to MK for EMH.
Mon, April 4 - RD EpFW. Biergarten lunch. Break and return for Illuminations.
Tues, April 5 - Check out of FtW. Typhoon Lagoon. Check in THV. 4:55 MM F! dinner package.
Wed, April 6 - Sleep in! DTD/DQ. MK for MSEP & Wishes.
Thurs, April 7 - RD EpWS. R&C dinner. Early night.
Fri, April 8 - RD DHS. Sci-Fi lunch. Break. Blizzard Beach (I'm sure hopin' they extend hours here.)
Sat, April 9 - RD AK. Sanaa dinner.
Sun, April 10 - MK for ambiance. CP brunch. Go home. :RpS_sad:

Last edited:

mousehelper

will grab your arm
Mostly looks good! I think the suitcase is a little over packed....
Do you have a car? Who is in your group?

I see potential late nights before both of your Ep RDs. Is this going to be okay with folks? Wishes is at 10-- so midnight lights out? Up by 7:30 the next day to be on the bus by 8am?
Then, the next EpRD, you might stay out for EMH, and then stay all day at Epcot. What time is dinner? Even if it is 5, you are not home til what-- 7:30 - 8? Towards the beginning of the vacation, maybe. But towards the end... kinda scary.

I'm not sure about the transfer day. Devils in the details here. You have to start your transition by about 4 to make the FDP. What time does that mean you have to leave TL?

:RpS_smile:

Brandie

Thanks for the input!

We will have a car. Group consists of myself, DH, son 14, son 12, daughter 6, son 3.

Oops. The second EpRD is for WS. I've edited the original post. Dinner that day is at 5:35 pm.

I'm thinking for the water parks that we'll be fine with 3 hours. If we get to TL for RD, we can be out of there by 1:00. We'll have to carry around clothes for the evening because we may not be in our TH before it's time to get to DHS. I hate days we switch hotels.

Do you have a suggestion for better days to hit the water parks? Those were the hardest for me to fit in.

mousehelper

will grab your arm
I think the water parks look fine. Tues will be better than Fri- but that's okay.
A car makes is look better, and that WS instead of FW makes a hug difference.
Enjoy!
:RpS_smile:

vatmark

wears a coca-cola shirt to club cool just in case
Looks good. My only concern would be getting up for a RD at Epcot after EMH at MK.

Ann

Brandie

Looks good. My only concern would be getting up for a RD at Epcot after EMH at MK.

Ann
Ann, I'm concerned about that too. Those of us who choose to stay for EMH will have to take that into consideration. It's at the beginning of our trip, so I'm inclined to leave that option.

Brandie

Fri, April 1 -Arrive FtW.
Sat, April 2 - RD AK. WCC dinner. Hope to hit either campfire program at the Ft. or Wishes from the beach.
Sun, April 3 - RD MK. Break. 'Ohana dinner. Some of us might go back to MK for EMH.
Mon, April 4 - RD EpFW. Biergarten lunch. Break and return for Illuminations.
Tues, April 5 - Check out of FtW. Typhoon Lagoon. Check in THV. 4:55 MM F! dinner package.
Wed, April 6 - Sleep in! DTD/DQ. MK for MSEP & Wishes.
Thurs, April 7 - RD EpWS. R&C dinner. Early night.
Fri, April 8 - RD DHS. Sci-Fi lunch. Break. Blizzard Beach (I'm sure hopin' they extend hours here.)
Sat, April 9 - RD AK. Sanaa dinner.
Sun, April 10 - Sun, April 10 - MK for ambiance. CP brunch. Go home.
Is this plan any better?
Fri, April 1 - Land at MCO 6:10. Arrive FtW.
Sat, April 2 - RD EpFW. Play until after lunch. WCC dinner. Hope to hit campfire program at the Ft.
Sun, April 3 - CP 8:05. RD MK. Break. 'Ohana 5:30. Some of us might go back to MK for EMH.
Mon, April 4 - BB. Explore FtW.
Tues, April 5 - Check out of FtW. TL. Check in THV. 4:55 MM F! dinner package. (If they add a second show here, I'm inclined to cancel our dinner and just hit some shows and then the second F!)
Wed, April 6 - Sleep in! DTD/DQ. Ep dinner (no reservations at this point) & Illuminations OR MK for MSEP and Wishes.
Thurs, April 7 - Breakfast? RD EpWS. Early night. (Since I'm playing with my plans I've got 4 meals reserved for this day! Cape May 9:45, Akershuse 10:30, Biergarten 2:00 and R&C 5:35. :RpS_unsure: )
Fri, April 8 - RD DHS. Sci-Fi 11:40. 3/4 day or leave after lunch for Blizzard Beach.
Sat, April 9 - TH 8:00. RD AK. Sanaa 6:25.
Sun, April 10 - MK for ambiance. CP 10:20. (Possibly AK since we've only hit it once in this draft.) Go home. :RpS_sad:

This plan actually seems too laid back for me. Look at all those sleep-in days in the middle!

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, BB is Blizzard Beach huh???????? TH is Tusker House?? That makes sense!!

My guess is they'll add another Fantasmic on April 5th. This is all without the Dining Plan I assume?

Otherwise it looks good. Either Akershus or Cape May would be great for breakfast.

You can always wake up early and take the boat to Magic Kingdom at 8:00am and then come back to the resort to join everyone else for Downtown Disney if it becomes too much.

Brandie

Oh, BB is Blizzard Beach huh???????? TH is Tusker House?? That makes sense!!
Sorry. I forgot you hated all those :RpS_cursing: acronyms.

This is all without the Dining Plan I assume?
No Dining Plan. I've actually got more reservations, but they are disposable. I'm eligible to purchase TiW (excuse me, I mean Tables in Wonderland.) I think it'll make sense to do so for this vacation.

You can always wake up early and take the boat to Magic Kingdom at 8:00am and then come back to the resort to join everyone else for Downtown Disney if it becomes too much.
If I were at FtW (Fort Wilderness) at that point I actually might. We'll be at our THV (Tree House Villa) on the 6th. I'd rather have a free morning at FtW than THV.

bathman123

only posts from the tub
Hi Brandie,

My family is going to be down there the same time as you and we have basically the same plan as you (at least the one you posted orginally).

4/2 AK
4/3 MK
4/4 EP
4/7 EP
4/8 DHS
4/9 AK

I think the crowd calendars I have looked at look really good for those parks on those days.

Brandie

bathman! Great minds think alike. (So do ours! :lol:)

Maybe we'll run into you at RD or at the TSMM stampede.

bathman123

only posts from the tub
We are going to AK on 4/5 and MK on 4/6...we like to keep a good pattern with our days as long as it works with the Crowd Calendars. Of course this plan could get blown up as soon as my son finds the rides he likes best! :doh:

Brandie

3 AK days? My second son would be thrilled with that. His favorite park is AK. This time I think I have to drop one of our two scheduled AK days for more water park time. He's willing to "take one for the team."

bathman123

only posts from the tub
I know it is alot of AK, but we love the Safari and Everest is my favorite ride so we have to hit it early. We won't stay all day and park hop to others in the Afternoon...How much time are you scheduling for Water Parks?

Brandie

Well, I've adjusted my schedule even more than the second draft I'd posted earlier, but for now I've got a day at Blizzard Beach, a day at Typhoon Lagoon and our DTD/DQ day could turn into a WP day (except it's a Wednesday, which I hear is a bad WP day.)

I know we'll be back so whatever we miss, we'll just catch next time!