My DBIL is taking me to Disney but one problem...I want more time in Disney!

Queenie

Here is the deal...I am a complete Disney nut! However, my last trip...I wanted to disown my three DD's they were beyond the pale and I honestly thought they may have killed my love for Disney.
My DBIL knows how much I love Disney-heck, his partner DID NOT love Disney and they went on a trip with me and they bought DVC. I showed them a different Disney...and they caught the fever:RpS_biggrin:

On Thanksgiving my DBIL was asking me about Disney and I was telling him nope...no way...taking time off...still mad about the last trip... insert small rant about my children:RpS_glare: and then my final comment...The only thing that could get me to Disney is a stay at AKL Savannah view:RpS_rolleyes::RpS_tongue:well he said "let's do it" insert DBIL's sly grin! Huh? :RpS_huh:

Add to the fact that since my last GG with family these two brother in laws have adopted two little boys that I ADORE! Plus, the fact I am a big believer in making memories with family.

So there we have it...I am going to Disney:RpS_lol: If you told me that last September, I would have told you that you would have a better chance of seeing me wearing a bikini to a high school reunion or for that matter even get me to a HS reunion...NOT! But, drat my crafty diabolical DBIL, he got me.:RpS_biggrin:

Anyhoo, I have seriously digressed... so they are short trip people 7 days is good for them, for me the perfect amount in Disney is 14 days.:RpS_rolleyes:

They are booking 7 days and using all of their points for that view...well I would like to give them the gift of adding 2 days. One day at the beginning and one day at the end. I can't do more because of stinking kids sports:RpS_glare:

So I want to rent points for two days, I know, I know why didn't I just say that... why? because I can talk a dog off a meat wagon...that's why :RpS_laugh:

So if I rent points how do I give them to them and do I have to rent from a specific type of renter? or can I just pay for two extra nights? I think paying for two extra nights might be crazy $$$ though. :RpS_unsure: and did I mention that I am kind of tight with a buck? So what are my options?

vicki_c

THE RULES!!!
Easiest would be to give them cash so they can rent the two additional nights. Anything else, if you want them to stay in the same room and everything,could get pretty complicated with renting points.

F

fizboBunny

7 days is a long trip for me. 14 days would be a dream vacation.

M

Merida

That is so kind and generous of them! And I think 7 days sounds very doable :RpS_smile:

Pampered Mom

Seven days is a long trip for us, since we've never done it. I think our max has been 5 nights.

Will you be able to do much of what you want in 7 days since you won't have your charming kids with you? Will you always be with DBILs and their kids? I assume they're bringing the kids. Will you be able to break off from them for part of the time to do your own thing? Would you want to do anything on your own?

Hopefully someone will chime in and tell you how much points go for and how many you would need for those 2 nights so you can figure out if they fit in the budget. I suspect you could find this info on one of the timeshare sites.

Queenie

Oh, don't get me wrong my DBIL's are extremely generous! I was just thinking that I could just get those 2 extra days at a resort, but I thought it would be a nice gesture to add two days out of our pockets. :RpS_smile: I do love my 3 girls, it's just they are at the teen stage 14,13, & 12 and they were obnoxiously bickering, acting entitled and being selfish our last trip.

They are good kids, but what ever was in the air our last trip... it was not good. Over the years, I had read about people having that experience with their kids in Disney and I would feel bad for them. I would think to myself, that would never happen to us, our family loves Disney...the kids would never do that. :RpS_rolleyes: I don't think they would do it to me again, because I think they realized how much they hurt/disappointed me. It could have been that we brought one of my DD's BFF and it just changed the dynamics of our group. However, the little girl we brought with was an angel on our trip. She even told her Mom that she felt bad for me, because of how my DD's acted.:RpS_huh:

Also, I usually do the 14 days at Bonnet Creek and Free Dining times. Hence, the comment I am a tad frugal, but I still find a way to do it.

goofyfan6698

So there we have it...I am going to Disney:RpS_lol: If you told me that last September, I would have told you that you would have a better chance of seeing me wearing a bikini to a high school reunion or for that matter even get me to a HS reunion...NOT! But, drat my crafty diabolical DBIL, he got me.:RpS_biggrin:
I about spit out my coffee with your reunion comment. That was hilarious! I don't know how to answer your question but that's nice of you to want to contribute.