My Maleficent Bleach Shirt

Momof6

I mentioned to my 19yod that I wanted us all to have bleach tees for one day for our upcoming trip and she started to panic. She apparently has all her Disneybound outfits for park days already worked out in her head. I asked her if we could wear them on our DTD day and she said okay. LOL

jenninaustin

I mentioned to my 19yod that I wanted us all to have bleach tees for one day for our upcoming trip and she started to panic. She apparently has all her Disneybound outfits for park days already worked out in her head. I asked her if we could wear them on our DTD day and she said okay. LOL
ah - a girl after my own heart! We wore the mickey ear bleach shirts on the one day I didn't Bound. And the only reason I didn't is b/c my daughter agreed to ONE DAY with matching shirts. :)

Definitely open a shop Jenn!

View attachment 5507
This would be cute!
Ah! I love it! Thanks for posting. Ok. I have big plans folks.......new weekend project! (Forget about folding laundry....not that I really do that anyway...)

moscow

I would buy shirts from you Jenn.

I am LOVING the shirts and am now looking for ideas for our trip to Universal (non HP themes, though). My kids already have Minion shirts; SpongeBob/Patrick shirts; and Bart Simpson/Krusty the Clown shirts for our trip. I need 1 more coordinating shirt set and am looking for ideas. Any suggestions for "themes" for brother/sister coordinating bleach shirts??

moscow

Jenn -- I just saw your earlier post where you said you had some ideas for smaller, off-center HP stuff. Any ideas you can share? I am definitely NOT creative, but I do love the look of the Dr. Who Tardis shirt and am thinking of that style for my kids' last coordinating shirt.

moscow

Ok -- my computer has gone wonky. I was trying to quote Jenn from earlier about the price of the t-shirts and it didn't work for some reason. Anyway, Jenn -- the prices you listed are totally fair and I would love to be your first customer!! If you build it . . . we will come! :RpS_smile:

jenninaustin

go get 'em Jenn!
I've even started a business plan!

I would buy shirts from you Jenn.

I am LOVING the shirts and am now looking for ideas for our trip to Universal (non HP themes, though). My kids already have Minion shirts; SpongeBob/Patrick shirts; and Bart Simpson/Krusty the Clown shirts for our trip. I need 1 more coordinating shirt set and am looking for ideas. Any suggestions for "themes" for brother/sister coordinating bleach shirts??
I was imagining how to do minion shirts but it sounds like you have that covered. If you want a totally new theme that you don't already have (b/c Bart/Lisa bleach shirts would be awesome and easy) then maybe their two favorite super heroes?

Jenn -- I just saw your earlier post where you said you had some ideas for smaller, off-center HP stuff. Any ideas you can share? I am definitely NOT creative, but I do love the look of the Dr. Who Tardis shirt and am thinking of that style for my kids' last coordinating shirt.
Can you stay tuned? I plan to be working on my first off center HP shirts in the next few days. If you want to tell me what "houses" your kids are in and what sizes they are I could even do shirts to their size in case you like them. No obligation to buy of course!

Ok -- my computer has gone wonky. I was trying to quote Jenn from earlier about the price of the t-shirts and it didn't work for some reason. Anyway, Jenn -- the prices you listed are totally fair and I would love to be your first customer!! If you build it . . . we will come! :RpS_smile:
Yea! I'm building it. I was thinking it could be cheaper the more you go. Like $18 for 1, $30 for 2, etc... (I'll figure it out all the way up to 4) and they don't have to be the same pattern. And IF it's legitimate to coordinate sales via private messaging here (I don't want to break Josh's rules) or by sending private emails so we could coordinate that way, I'd be happy to sell to you guys. Like with a "trial" discount too. ;)

Awesome shirts!
Gracias!

moscow

I'm definitely up for being the test run - if Josh is ok with it on his site. My son is a kids size 5-6 and is a Ravenclaw and my daughter is a kids size 10-12 and is a Gryffindor (which works out perfectly because blue is his favorite color and red is hers).

tanyaandallie

Thanks for the inspiration. We made them tonight. You were right. The lighter spray worked much better. DH's shirt was done last and definitely the best. Poor dd's does not look so great. Will have to a redo. The bleach seeped under the contact paper. Luckily the shirts are cheap!

jenninaustin

Thanks for the inspiration. We made them tonight. You were right. The lighter spray worked much better. DH's shirt was done last and definitely the best. Poor dd's does not look so great. Will have to a redo. The bleach seeped under the contact paper. Luckily the shirts are cheap!

Yea!! Yup - I was concerned about my son's when it bled through but he said he liked his odd mickey head. It was pretty cool - sort of psychedelic - especially since his shirt was hot pink! The bleed through happened to me tonight even though I KNEW BETTER. I kept spraying my Mary Poppins first attempt b/c I was worried the bleach wasn't working. As I kept going and going I TOLD MYSELF: "Stop, Jennifer. It just takes a while to show up on the cloth. You are spraying too much."

I didn't listen to myself. But I will next time!

kelly720

Collects September trip reports
This is awesome! I leave in two weeks, but would looooove to buy some shirts from you although, I think that would mean a really quick turnaround time. Do you have an etsy shop set up yet? If making and shipping them can be done please pm me and we can talk. I think it is so cool what you are doing!

jenninaustin

Good lessons...

So, last night I worked on a Mary Poppins shirt (I'd purchased a medium navy T a few weeks ago, planning to put Mary on it) and I thought I'd messed it up by overspraying. It turned out ok after all! I wish it was more bleached out around her umbrella - but all these first attempts are fun and I'm enjoying the process a lot. Wanted to share my efforts with those of you who were trying this as well.

She's my first "off to the side" character. I have her flying up towards the right shoulder. The picture doesn't show the WHOLE shirt very well (I snapped it quickly on my way out the door to my REAL job) but hopefully it gives you a sense.

So keep trying, to those of you trying to figure this out! My husband and I were brainstorming last night and I ordered some stencil sheets on Amazon last night. I'm hoping those might have potential for creating stencils that I can re-use, especially combined with double sided tape. We'll see!

kelly720

Collects September trip reports
Mary looks very cool floating up toward your shoulder! The house from UP would also look pretty fabulous like that also with all the balloons attached. I love your creativity!

jenninaustin

Mary looks very cool floating up toward your shoulder! The house from UP would also look pretty fabulous like that also with all the balloons attached. I love your creativity!
That is really cool!
Thanks! I really like the House from Up idea. I'm also starting to ponder ways to get little splashes of color (not much) into some of these patterns in an artistic way.

And guess what I just thought of as I was walking up the stairs here at work? A mother/daughter shirt that is based on the outline of the final tapestry in Merida (with the bear and the girl holding hands and facing each other).

I'm totally making that. Not sure if my daughter will wear it with me though!