New Discounts on Dining and Merchandise for AP and DVC

3dadknight

I merged the two similar threads..hopefully that doesn't mess things up.

New discounts are certainly welcome. The previous 10% off merchandise was pretty lousy.
I'm glad you merged them. We posted at the same time and Micah's info is much more comprehensive. Thanks.

3dadknight

http://wdwnews.com/releases/2016/10...y-year/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

We go in couple weeks with plan to upgrade. I am super excited about the 13 months for price of 12. I have spent way too much time trying to figure out how to do the third trip over the 2017 fall break...and this totally solves the problem!
My buyer's remorse is increasing by the minute. I just upgraded to a Gold AP on 9/3. I'm not sure whether I would have needed the extra month or could have used it, but it would have been nice to have.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
20% off at some quick services will be nice since Tables in Wonderland doesn't cover that. I buy enough drinks to still make it worth it, but the "value" proposition on Tables is certainly reduced if you are also a passholder.

3dadknight

I'll look at it as a sunk cost. I actually don't drink, but my wife does. I guess I'll have to get her all liqoured up on our kid-less trip next year to make sure we hit the break even point. :) I can do my share by eating a lot of subpar food at the QS places between TS meals.

Micah008

Staff member
Complete List of Changes for Annual Passholder Dining Discounts

Here is the list of all changes made to the AP dining discounts today, with the old discount in parenthesis. (I didn't include the handful of places that were left the same, but most did change). There are many brand new places, and many improvements.

I am impressed.

Key:
Quick Service in blue
Negative Changes in red

Magic Kingdom
Be Our Guest - 10% dinner (new)
Cinderella’s Royal Table - 10% (new)
The Crystal Palace - 10% (new)
Liberty Tree Tavern - 10% (new)
Pecos Bill - 20% (new)
The Plaza - 10% (new)
Skipper Canteen - 20% (was 10%)
Tony’s Town Square - 10% (new)

Epcot
Akershus - 10% (new)
Biergarten - 20% (was 10%)
Chefs de France - removed (was 10%, lunch only, M-F)
Coral Reef - 20% (was 10%, lunch only, M-F)
Electric Umbrella - 20% (new)
The Garden Grill - 20% (new)
Le Cellier - 10% (was 10%, lunch only, M-F)
Liberty Inn - 20% (new)
Nine Dragons - 10% (was 10%, lunch only, M-F)
Restaurant Marrakesh - 10% (was 10%, lunch only, M-F)
Rose & Crown - 20% (was 10%, lunch only, M-F)
San Angel Inn - 10% (was 10%, lunch only, M-F)
Spice Road Table - removed (was 10%, lunch only, M-F)
Tokyo Dining - 10% (was 10%, lunch only)
Tutto Italia - 10% (was 10%, lunch only, M-F)
Via Napoli - 10% (was 10%, lunch only, M-F)

Hollywood Studios
50’s Prime Time - 10% (new)
ABC Commissary - 20% (new)
Backlot Express - 20% (new)
Hollywood & Vine - 20% (was 10%, breakfast only)
Hollywood Brown Derby - 20% (was 10%)
Mama Melrose’s - 10% (new)
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant - 10% (new)

Animal Kingdom
Flame Tree Barbecue - 20% (new)
Tiffins - 20% (new)
Tusker House - 10% (new)

Disney Springs
Blaze Pizza - 10% (new)
Coca-Cola Store - 10% (new)
D-Luxe Burger - 20% (new)
Disney Food Trucks - 20% (new)
Homecoming: Florida Kitchen - 10% (new, was previously unpublished)
Vivoli il Gelato - removed (was 10%)

Resorts
Jiko - 20% (was 10%)
The Mara - 20% (new)
Sanaa - 20% (was 10%)
Beach Club Marketplace - 20% (new)
Beaches and Cream - 10% (new)
Cape May Cafe - 20% (was 10%)
Boardwalk Bakery - 20% (new)
Boardwalk Pizza Window - 20% (new)
ESPN Club - 20% (was 10%)
Flying Fish - 20% (was 10%)
California Grill - 10% (new)
Chef Mickey’s - 10% (new)
Contempo Cafe - 20% (new)
The Wave - 20% (was 10%)
Trail’s End - 20% (was 10%)
1900 Park Fare - 10% (new)
Citricos - 20% (was 10%)
Grand Floridian Cafe - 20% (was 10%)
Gasparilla Island Grill - 20% (new)
Narcoossee’s - 20% (was 10%)
Olivia’s Cafe - 20% (was 10%)
Capt. Cooks - 20% (new)
‘Ohana - 10% (new)
Kona Cafe - 20% (was 10%)
Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show - 20% (new)
Boatwright’s - 20% (was 10%)
The Turf Club - 20% (was 10%)
Artist Point - 20% (was 10%)
Roaring Fork - 20% (new)
Whispering Canyon Cafe - 20% (was 10%)
Captain’s Grille - 20% (was 10%)
Yachtsman Steakhouse - 10% (new)

Other
ESPN Wide World of Sports Grill (ESPN WWOS) - 20% (was 10%)
Lottawatta Lodge (Blizzard Beach) - 20% (new)
Leaning Palms (Typhoon Lagoon) - 20% (new)

Last edited:

3dadknight

That is indeed an impressive list. I may have missed something, but are there any terms and conditions regarding a limit on party size at TS or an automatic 18% tip like with TIW? I couldn't find any fine print about it. I know an 18% tip is added to all parties of 6(?) or more at all TS anyway, but with TIW it is done regardless of party size, and there is a limit of 10(?) people per TIW card.

D

Deleted member 832

We drink enough, especially at Disney since no need to worry about driving, that TiW will always be a better deal for us.

I wonder, could the change have included adding Treehouse Villa's to the discount? We arrive on Friday and have a room booked but I've been watching for a different choice and today I noticed I can get a Treehouse with a passholder discount. I thought they were on the list of exclusions but I may have just assumed since they were always excluded

D

Deleted member 832

I don't do a lot of WDW shopping, so forgive me if this is a rookie question...

Assuming the report of a DVC 20% discount is accurate, would it apply to online (disneystore.com and/or the shop Disney app), and is the discount shown in the price you first see, or at checkout?

Also, are certain items (e.g. designer bags) excluded from the discount?

DH bought me a Dooney last year and it was included with the AP discount then

Micah008

Staff member
That is indeed an impressive list. I may have missed something, but are there any terms and conditions regarding a limit on party size at TS or an automatic 18% tip like with TIW? I couldn't find any fine print about it. I know an 18% tip is added to all parties of 6(?) or more at all TS anyway, but with TIW it is done regardless of party size, and there is a limit of 10(?) people per TIW card.

I don't see anything about a party size limit, or automatic tip either. Seems like this is a pretty good deal for sure.

Micah008

Staff member
Do we know if 13 month applies to AP renewals or just new APs?

I saw somewhere that it also applies to renewals, but I am not sure if that means you have to renew during that time period, or if it is possible to purchase a renewal ahead of time.

Ken

Is there a separate list for DVC members? Although with the 13 month AP we'll probably get one anyway..

Micah008

Staff member
Is there a separate list for DVC members? Although with the 13 month AP we'll probably get one anyway..

The 20% discount on shopping has now shown up on the DVC website, but nothing else.

It was reported on another site that the new 10% off restaurants would be available for DVC also, but nothing has popped up officially that I have seen.

CJG17

I am curious if these need to be activated by a certain date, or as long as you purchase in time you can activate whenever you want. (I would love a 13-month pass from 2018-2019)

I'm very curious about the answer to this as well, let me know if anyone figures it out.

CJG17

I am curious if these need to be activated by a certain date, or as long as you purchase in time you can activate whenever you want. (I would love a 13-month pass from 2018-2019)

I'm trying to investigate this, and the fine print on the 13-month pass does include the DVC gold pass, and it looks to me that you can activate whenever you want, as long as you buy it by Jan 3, since there are no "expiration dates" listed, or statements that say "must activate by XXX date" when reading the fine print. I would love to have confirmation, but I think the lack of exclusions in the fine print indicates that you can activate it anytime as long as you purchase by Jan 3. I could be mis-interpreting, so I would love to hear others opinions. Here is the fine print as I put the DVC gold pass into my cart:

Pass Pick-Up InformationOnce you receive your pass certificate, you must exchange it for a valid pass prior to first use at one of the following locations: any Walt Disney World theme park or water park ticket window, or any Guest Relations location. You will need to show a valid photo ID to pick up your pass.

Pass Pick-Up InformationOnce you receive your pass certificate, you must exchange it for a valid pass prior to first use at one of the following locations: any Walt Disney World theme park or water park ticket window, or any Guest Relations location. You will need to show a valid photo ID to pick up your pass.

Micah008

Staff member
I'm trying to investigate this, and the fine print on the 13-month pass does include the DVC gold pass, and it looks to me that you can activate whenever you want, as long as you buy it by Jan 3, since there are no "expiration dates" listed, or statements that say "must activate by XXX date" when reading the fine print. I would love to have confirmation, but I think the lack of exclusions in the fine print indicates that you can activate it anytime as long as you purchase by Jan 3. I could be mis-interpreting, so I would love to hear others opinions. Here is the fine print as I put the DVC gold pass into my cart:

My conclusion was the same, based on the lack of anything more specific. But, I still am planning to call and ask (at least twice) before actually purchasing.