New Epcot Entrance Loop

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
The music is great, but there's no tie to Epcot. With the Innoventions Music Loop (#1 all time best BGM) gone, Epcot Entrance Music Loop was vying for the top spot and now it's gone too. It had music from Soarin', The American Adventure, Mission: Space, Journey Into Imagination, The Living Seas and more.

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
I mean, yeah, if it’s playing at Epcot it has a link with Epcot, but that’s not what I meant.

Disneyfan

Change is sooo hard for me. I only listened to bits of the new music and it seems fine. But my boat is rocked.

bnoble

he's right
I mean, yeah, if it’s playing at Epcot it has a link with Epcot, but that’s not what I meant.
Yeah, I know. But there are other great loops like this composed of pre-existing tracks—wilderness lodge is one of my favorites. The Soarin queue is like this too I think though there might be a few with Disney IP in that one.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
Yeah, I know. But there are other great loops like this composed of pre-existing tracks—wilderness lodge is one of my favorites. The Soarin queue is like this too I think though there might be a few with Disney IP in that one.
Resort (and even ride queue) Loops which use atmospheric music are just fine by me, but I suppose it’s a matter of what we’re used to hearing in a park which itself has many identifiable themes already. And also because That’s How It’s Always Been Done, of course.

One of our favorite memories was riding the bus back to POP after a very long night at MK, and singing along with all the exhausted, slap-happy parents to JLo’s “Waiting for Tonight,” Madonna’s “Material Girl,” and Jennifer Paige’s “Crush,” on the bus’s Loop. Some of the parents actually suggested getting rid of the kids and continuing the party elsewhere.

This thread is now the Nerdiest Thread Ever.

hizouse

I love the new music.
I also like the Frontierland background loop (and the similar Aunt Polly's) as another example of a loop with a lot of non-Disney IP tracks, though they may be original Disney recordings.

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
I've always called the background music the "walking around in (name of park or area)" music. It's interesting how it becomes part of the fabric of the park or the land. It'd definitely throw off my WDW equilibrium to hear something different.

ThemeParkCommando

One of our favorite memories was riding the bus back to POP after a very long night at MK, and singing along with all the exhausted, slap-happy parents to JLo’s “Waiting for Tonight,” Madonna’s “Material Girl,” and Jennifer Paige’s “Crush,” on the bus’s Loop. Some of the parents actually suggested getting rid of the kids and continuing the party elsewhere.

This thread is now the Nerdiest Thread Ever.
One of our favorite memories was riding the Ft. Wilderness bus after the late Hoop De Doo Revue dinner. A group of college kids pulled out a boom box, and we adults internally groaned. They then proceeded to get the whole bus singing to Disney movie hits, the entire ride back to the parking area. That bus was rocking!

KSF

It's amazing how the music loops become such an important part of the park atmosphere. The last time I visited the Magic Kingdom the Incredibles 2 was out, and the music loop for Tomorrowland was the Incredibles theme. As much as I like that theme, it bothered me waaaay more than it should have lol! I like the new Epcot loop so far- it 'feels' more like a movie soundtrack...which makes sense as it looks like most of the tracks are from films?

Disneyfan

It's amazing how the music loops become such an important part of the park atmosphere. The last time I visited the Magic Kingdom the Incredibles 2 was out, and the music loop for Tomorrowland was the Incredibles theme. As much as I like that theme, it bothered me waaaay more than it should have lol! I like the new Epcot loop so far- it 'feels' more like a movie soundtrack...which makes sense as it looks like most of the tracks are from films?
I am in total agreement with you. I visited MK during this same time period. I am a fan of the soundtrack, just not in Tomorrowland. That rocked my world, too.

Alcachofa

Anyone old enough to remember when the lands didn't have soundtracks? I think this started with EPCOT. I remember my first visit to EPCOT, and hearing the music, and thinking "that's weird. There's music just... outside... without any point..."

bnoble

he's right
Anyone old enough to remember when the lands didn't have soundtracks? I
I think this goes back pretty far. I remember reading a book about Disneyland's original design---maybe John Hench's book?---that talked about how the early Imagineers tried to "cross-fade" the music at the borders between lands. I'm not sure there was ever a time without background music in some form.