New Examples of Booking and Modifying FP+

Micah008

Staff member
Booking and Modifying FP+

DO NOT USE.
As of 4/10/16 the process of booking and modifying FP+ online has changed, and this sticky is now obsolete.

A common topic recently has been people looking for an example of exactly how booking and/or modifying their FastPass+ selections will work. Keep in mind that this process has been changed multiple times (including last night) and is likely to change again, so there may be some differences from the examples to what you really see.

If you are curious about how this used to look, the previous version was in this thread.

Contents:
Post 1 - Example of Booking a Day using the MDE Website
Post 2 - Example of Modifying a FP+ to a new time, new attraction, and new people using the MDE Website
Post 3 - Example of using the Copy to get a difficult FP+ like 7DMT or A&E.
Post 4 - Example of using the Cancel screen.
Post 5 - Example of Booking a Day using the MDE Android App.

What do I need to do to be eligible?
- Create a My Disney Experience (MDE) account.
- Link tickets to your MDE account (or link your package reservation that includes tickets).
- You can book at 30 days before the FP+ date without an on-site resort reservation. You will need to book each day 1 day at a time as it reaches the 30 day mark.
- You can book at 60 days before your resort arrival date with an on-site resort reservation linked to MDE in addition to the tickets. You can book 60+ days out to the end of your resort reservation, or the how ever many days of tickets, whichever ends first.

Now that we assume you are eligible to book FP+ lets go through an example.

Our Goal:
Based on the Cheat Sheets we will be trying to get the following 3 FP+ on September 27th, to match the "Two Day Late Arrival Plan Day 1" at Epcot":
- Spaceship Earth (10:30am–11:30am) - goal to ride at 11:00am
- Maelstrom (11:30am–12:30pm) - goal to ride at 12:00am
- Test Track (5pm–6pm) - goal to ride at 5:15pm

The Steps:

Sign in to disneyworld.com and go to FastPass+ screen.
owfHcii.png

From the new main screen, click on New FastPass+ to make your new selections.
5Iiuezk.png

Select the people you want to get the FP+ for (often you will Select All), then click Next.
FrvUDAn.png

Select the park, and date, and then click Next.
DtRD5MT.png

Select the 3 attractions, then click Next.
PNzvXcI.png

You will be presented with 4 options. Normally you want to pick the option that has the times farthest from what you actually want, since you can't overlap times as you move them. In this case, it was Option 1. Then click Done. (If you don't like any of the options you can go back and do this step again and you will get different options to select from)
99zbPXj.png

At the next screen your FP+ have actually now been booked, but you can easily make changes to the times. Click the Modify button on the one you want to be earliest in the day, which for us in Spaceship Earth.
ssO5eDw.png

Select the new time you want from the dropdown (or the closest you can find), then click Update. I selected 10:15-11:15. It will automatically select for all people in your group.
U2OTfMw.png

It will Confirm your change, and then leave you on the same screen. Click Select New Time on the next one you want to modify, which is the one you want to be second in the day.
x8yXB1g.png

Again select the new time you want, then click Update. I selected 11:25-12:25.
igd4qA4.png

Repeat this again for the last attraction, clicking Select New Time, then choosing a time, then Update. I selected 4:45-5:45.
bJrKZxd.png

You should now see Change Confirmed on all 3 selections, and you should see the times as you want them for all 3. You can then click Close.
Gy2UEam.png

You will then be taken to the main screen again where you can either setup New FastPass+ (setup for another day), Update FastPass+ (if you want to do more modifications), Cancel FastPass+ (delete some) or Add Friends and Family to existing FastPass+ (formerly known as Copy).
EHOLOPA.png

From here you just repeat the steps for each day of your vacation.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Micah008

Staff member
For the next example we will Modify one of the FP+ we set up before. Lets say some people in the group don't want to ride Test Track, so we will get a Soarin' FP+ for them instead at a later time in the day. This will require changing the people, time, and attraction.

Our Goal:
- Change FP+ to 6:00-7:00 for two people at Soarin' rather than Test Track

The Steps:

Get back to the FastPass+ editing screen from the Menu.
ZT1rtAS.png

From the main FastPass+ screen, click on Update FastPass+ .
IDZGfTb.png

You will then be able to select the date you want to modify from a list of dates that you have FP+ reservations already made. Then Continue.
CanNHQG.png

The next screen will show you your existing selections. Click Change Experience on the one you want to modify, Test Track. (Note that this screen is also the best place to see what FP+ you really have if you are having issues with glitches or things disappearing from other summary screens)
RbYFU5d.png

From here select your new attraction (Soarin'), then select the new time you want (5:30-6:30), and make sure only the people you want to change this for are selected. Then click Update. Said another way, de-select the people that you want to keep the Test Track FP+ they already have, only the people with green check marks by their name will get Soarin'.
GqI4ccq.png

On the next screen you will see all of your times and people modified, and be able to confirm that the change was done. You can then click Done to finish, or update a different FP+ if you wish.
dFx5cxF.png

Last edited:

Micah008

Staff member
Here is an example of using Add Friends and Family (formerly named Copy). This is most often used to get some of the very difficult FP+ like A&E or 7DMT, so I will use one of them as the example.

This assumes you have already gone through the first posts to see how the "normal" process works.

Going through the normal process I first tried to book 7DMT for 6 people, and I found that it wasn't available (Unable to Select, and with "Distribution has ended ... " message).
zV5q7r1.png

I then go Back a few screens and select less people (I tried 2, which also didn't work and then went to just 1).
6z0ix7u.png

I was then able to select 7DMT the next time, with only 1 person this time, and Next to see the times available.
lSKbGBn.png

I selected Option 1 (7:55-8:55pm), then clicked Done. I noticed that in each of the different options there was other times, including one that overlapped with this time.
8tC6t1x.png

I then needed to go back into that day to edit it, which can be done by selecting FastPass+ from the menu again, but this time you select the option Add Friends and Family to existing FastPass+ .
bjdX7yq.png

Then select the date you want to copy from, and click Continue.
vOadOMY.png

Then select the person you want to Copy from, and click Next.
2dj9Y2I.png

Then select the person (or people) you want to Copy to, and click Next.
grM0fNT.png

It will attempt to copy to the exact time if it exists (which we know it doesn't). It will find the closest option it can, and if you don't like the result you can start over and try again. If you like the option, click Next and it will confirm and then save it.
RFrv7Ww.png

You can then repeat this process for each person attempting to copy, and hoping there is enough overlap in the results. This can be a time consuming process, but can result in getting a FP+ for things individually when it may not be available for multiple people.

ETA: Note that if you want to just swap around 2 FP+ with each other, you will need to just do 3 time changes. Move one to a temporary time, then move the other into where you want it, and move the first where you want. Do not delete just one of them to make this happen.

Last edited:

Micah008

Staff member
And, here is how to cancel, since I won't actually be visiting in late September afterall.

Again start by selecting FastPass+ from the Menu
3Ni6oO9.png

Then choose Cancel FastPass+ from the main FP+ screen.
hSyk0X0.png

Select the date you want to cancel, and then Continue.
g1saIhk.png

Choose the FP+ you want to Cancel, or Select All (strongly recommended), then Next. ETA: Note that if you don't cancel all of them it is very difficult to add just one back in, you will be stuck with only 2 FP+ unless you start over for your day and select a brand new 3.
4MZYWwK.png

Then click Done to confirm you want to Cancel.
IBKb7qG.png

Last edited:

Micah008

Staff member
Using a Smartphone (Android in my case) you can also setup your FP+ for the day, and modify the times to get what you want. Note that this is not recommended, as it is much more difficult, more time consuming, and more likely to have issues with errors or bugs in their software.

Where this is useful is for making a change to one FP+ while you are in the park, or to make a update for some other reason, but this is different than trying to set them all up in the first place.

Here is an example of setting up the exact same thing as in Post 1, using the MDE App. Again, this is assuming you already are eligible and have everything linked.

From the Menu select FastPass+
3hypYoBl.png

Select Choose New FastPass+ Experiences
KFhXJCul.png

Then it asks a question about tickets, which is confusing to me since I already have them linked. I selected My Tickets Were Purchased Separately. If you select the other I think it will ask you to link the reservation. Again, much better to have this completed ahead of time.
BXLj1J2l.png

Choose the people you want to book for (likely Select All)
nZPyAiel.png

Choose the Park, Date, and then Next.
m8Hrqryl.png

Select the 3 attractions. You have to scroll up and down in the small windows to find each.
HF1aeD7l.png

You are given 4 random options (no priority here), and you need to pick the best (or go back and try again), then select Get These.
Cv8e3NBl.png

At this point you are done, and they don't give you any option to Modify, so you just have to go to Home and then go back in again to modify.
SSg28QFl.png

From the Home page scroll down and find the date and FP+ you are trying to modify first. If you don't see it, or the screen doesn't load, you may need to leave the screen and come back, or even exit the app.
vpD64SMl.png

Once you select it, you can click on Update.
kMAM9Hkl.png

Then Change.
Eam2SIol.png

Then select the one you want to modify (again).
zLZVUnSl.png

Select Change the Time.
ASTiuc5l.png

Change the guests if you wish (defaults to all of them selected that have this FP+)
YXioSiVl.png

Now you can actually pick the new time, and click Next.
89sBhfLl.png

And then click Done to confirm the changes.
1JZSyKll.png

At this point you are taken back to the Home page, where you need to go through the entire process again for the 2nd and 3rd FP+. Once you are done the 3rd time you should see all of your times on the Home page (or through Reservations or Plans).

I will skip the screenshots to getting through the 2nd and 3rd, but in the end I got here:

WDdAgHIl.png

Last edited:

sheilashoelady

How do you update FP+ selections if you want to switch which park you are in that day? I tried clicking on making new selections, but it tells me it will delete my selections before it lets me pick new ones. I don't want to loose my old ones until I know I can get the new ones I want, if that makes sense.

utlegaleagle

Micah, thanks for your posts over the past couple of days in this forum. We were able to grab every FP+ we had in our plans, in no small part to this forum and to using Josh's recommendations. Thanks, again!

lyonmommy

Thank you so much for this information! I have been very nervous about using the FP+ system and this really explained it well and reduce my stress about it. The screen shots were great. About the smartphone app - is it just the Android version that has more steps and can be buggy or is it any smartphone brand? (I have an iPhone) How is the app on iPad?
Also, when should I set up and link my reservation number? I booked my August 2015 trip yesterday, so I have lots of time. I was going to wait until a little before my 180 day mark.
Thanks again, Micah. And thank you, Josh, your website is so helpful!

Micah008

Staff member
This is extremely helpful! Thank you for sharing this!

How do you update FP+ selections if you want to switch which park you are in that day? I tried clicking on making new selections, but it tells me it will delete my selections before it lets me pick new ones. I don't want to loose my old ones until I know I can get the new ones I want, if that makes sense.

Excellent.

Micah, thanks for your posts over the past couple of days in this forum. We were able to grab every FP+ we had in our plans, in no small part to this forum and to using Josh's recommendations. Thanks, again!
:RpS_smile:

Thank you so much for this information! I have been very nervous about using the FP+ system and this really explained it well and reduce my stress about it. The screen shots were great. About the smartphone app - is it just the Android version that has more steps and can be buggy or is it any smartphone brand? (I have an iPhone) How is the app on iPad?
Also, when should I set up and link my reservation number? I booked my August 2015 trip yesterday, so I have lots of time. I was going to wait until a little before my 180 day mark.
Thanks again, Micah. And thank you, Josh, your website is so helpful!
I don't have experience with doing this on an iPhone/iPad. My guess is that the process is similar, but I don't know if it is more or less buggy. Keep in mind that even without the bugs it look a lot more steps (time) to do the exact same thing.

I linked my reservations right after I made them, even if you cancel it will just go away... so I am not sure there is any benefit in waiting.

Micah008

Staff member
Great question. I just played around with this a little... and it does work a little differently than before.

You did it correctly, you go in as if you are making brand new selections. When you pick the date it will give you warnings that you already have FP+ reserved for that date. You can continue to the next screen without losing them. (But the warning is scary!) I found that I could get all the way to the screen where you have 4 options, and if I hit Cancel from there it didn't actually save anything or lose my old ones. Just make sure you don't hit Done on this screen with the 4 options, that is when they will actually get overwritten, even though their messages make it look like they are overwritten a screen or two earlier.

macsandy

This is so helpful! I was dreading making fp+ plans because I'm not tech-savvy, but this post makes me feel that even I can do it!! Many many thanks!

sheilashoelady

Great question. I just played around with this a little... and it does work a little differently than before.

You did it correctly, you go in as if you are making brand new selections. When you pick the date it will give you warnings that you already have FP+ reserved for that date. You can continue to the next screen without losing them. (But the warning is scary!) I found that I could get all the way to the screen where you have 4 options, and if I hit Cancel from there it didn't actually save anything or lose my old ones. Just make sure you don't hit Done on this screen with the 4 options, that is when they will actually get overwritten, even though their messages make it look like they are overwritten a screen or two earlier.

Thanks for the clarification!!

tanyaandallie

Is it possible to look at FPP available for random days without tickets? I have tickets but have already booked for the full number of days on our tickets (4). We are upgrading when we get to the parks to 7. I've been looking at FPP available for random days but with the upgrade I cannot figure out how to make that happen without first cancelling one of our days. It keeps saying that we have reached our limit. Before it would let me look but not cancel until you make your selection.

Micah008

Staff member
Is it possible to look at FPP available for random days without tickets? I have tickets but have already booked for the full number of days on our tickets (4). We are upgrading when we get to the parks to 7. I've been looking at FPP available for random days but with the upgrade I cannot figure out how to make that happen without first cancelling one of our days. It keeps saying that we have reached our limit. Before it would let me look but not cancel until you make your selection.
If you only have 4 days of tickets you will be limited to only 4 days of FP+. One of the downsides of buying less tickets and then upgrading when you get there. They must have changed it.

We have APs, and only 4 real days booked at the moment, so that is why I have been able to play around and do additional days.

tanyaandallie

Yes, HUGE disadvantage of buying tix and upgrading. If I had realized when I bought the tickets I would not have done so!!! VERY annoying. I have been obsessively checking other days of our trip. I guess it really doesn't really matter what I can see available now.

Thanks so much for taking the time to do all of this! It is FABULOUS!!!! I love the step by step instruction! So clear and informative!