New Examples of Booking and Modifying FP+

Jana

Thanks Micah!! :RpS_thumbsup: I have to try to reserve my FP+ on my android as we will be driving to OBX on my 60th day and I was concerned about the process,but it doesn't look as bad as I had feared.

Kimann

Thank you Micah! I posted on another thread about how I was able to get essentially what we wanted for our party of 6 on Thursday, and I couldn't have done it if not for reading this post!

famouschinesecontroller

known as jane elsewhere, but her friends call her
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I might actually stand a chance against "the system" in late October. I haven't been on these boards much since the end of football season and until a week ago wasn't planning on going to Disney anytime soon, so this whole thing has been off my radar.

LG94

Thank you for this post, Micah!! I was just beginning to panic setting up FP+ for my party of 7 when I found it. Because of you, I still have what little sanity I started with left!

Boski

Great post Micah!

I do have a question and figured I'd ask it here (apologies if this has been answered before). The last time we were there the 4th/5th/6th FP+ was not a option. I understand that you have to go to a kiosk to pick the 4th FP+, is that the same for cancelling one? Or can you do that through MDE? Lets says I've ran through my 3 at HS and book my 4th at ToT. Then I want to either change/cancel this FP+, do I have to go to a kiosk to do this? Thanks in advance.

Micah008

Staff member
I understand that you have to go to a kiosk to pick the 4th FP+, is that the same for cancelling one? Or can you do that through MDE? Lets says I've ran through my 3 at HS and book my 4th at ToT. Then I want to either change/cancel this FP+, do I have to go to a kiosk to do this? Thanks in advance.
You are right that you must book at a kiosk, and you for sure can make a change to it from MDE (Josh has shown an example). I don't know about canceling, since I have never tried. (I would just try to change it rather than bothering to cancel)

williejr

If you only have 4 days of tickets you will be limited to only 4 days of FP+. One of the downsides of buying less tickets and then upgrading when you get there. They must have changed it.

We have APs, and only 4 real days booked at the moment, so that is why I have been able to play around and do additional days.

What if you have 5 day tickets and a MNSSHP ticket for the 6th day. Will the system allow you to book FP+ between 4pm and 7pm on the 6th day and FP+ throughout the day on the 1st through 5th days?

Micah008

Staff member
What if you have 5 day tickets and a MNSSHP ticket for the 6th day. Will the system allow you to book FP+ between 4pm and 7pm on the 6th day and FP+ throughout the day on the 1st through 5th days?
I believe that will work fine, but I haven't done it. Hopefully someone with more knowledge about MNSSHP will confirm.

williejr

I believe that will work fine, but I haven't done it. Hopefully someone with more knowledge about MNSSHP will confirm.

It ended up working fine. I was able to book FP+ reservations on all 6 days using the 5 day park hopper and the MNSSHP ticket. :rockon:

jlangdon

Great post Micah! So informative and the screen shots are so helpful.
I understand why you would theoretically choose times for fast passes farthest from what you really want; however, I'm afraid when I go back to adjust the times I won't get the experiences I want especially the hard ones like A and E and 7DMT. Once you have fastpass times (even times you don't want) are you guaranteed the experience for another time

cynthiap

If you see A&E or 7DMT, get them. You can look for other times and won't lose the time you have until you confirm the changes. Also, most other attractions should have plenty of availability so don't worry about moving them far out. You will find times for them without a problem.

Micah008

Staff member
If you see A&E or 7DMT, get them. You can look for other times and won't lose the time you have until you confirm the changes. Also, most other attractions should have plenty of availability so don't worry about moving them far out. You will find times for them without a problem.
[banana]I agree![/banana]

cmstpierre

Here's a scenario I hope you can help with. I wish I had grabbed screenshots but hopefully I can explain it clearly.

I was able to get an A&E FP+ for just me at 9:40 pm. In the process of trying to copy it to my daughter she ended up separated from the rest of our party and now has a Peter Pan FP+ at 6:35. So I have been trying to change that single reservation to A&E.

I have been using the Update Fast Pass button on the MDE website. In checking today, a single 7DMT came up in that slot. For her -- as a single -- there were 4 time slots available - 6:30 being the latest. I didn't take it but flipped over to my A&E at 9:40 --- also a single --- to see if it would come up for me, and it didn't. So in theory there were 4 single slots open but none were presented to me as options in changing a FP+ for 9:40. 7DMT just didn't show up in the list at all. I went back to my daughter's reservation, tried it again for her 6:35 FP+ and 7DMT was an option. So it's not like they all got snatched up while I was noodling around, they were still there.

My main goal is to get A&E on any MK day for my party of 4 or at least 2. We don't have an existing FP+ for our other MK day to try copying. So I have been using "update fast pass" to try to change an existing reservation, and now I am thinking there may be A&E openings that it's not showing me because they are not close in proximity to the time of the FP+ I am changing. Similar to what I just saw with 7DMT.

How can I work around this to find any A&E availability without booking a FP+ for every hour of the day?!

Micah008

Staff member
I don't think the Update is supposed to only show you times near the one you have. You should be able to see other times as long as they don't conflict with the other FP+ you already have. Not sure what your other times are, but are they in the way? Otherwise... it may just be an issue with the site.

Another option is you could attempt to start over for the day when you are checking, then you know you have no conflicts. But, you need to be willing to give up your other 2 if needed to get the 1 important one. If you do it this way, just make sure you don't hit the Done button on the screen with the 4 options, to make sure you don't overwrite what you already have unless you find something you like better.
http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showt...d-Modifying-FP&p=253234&viewfull=1#post253234

Good luck.

cmstpierre

I don't think the Update is supposed to only show you times near the one you have. You should be able to see other times as long as they don't conflict with the other FP+ you already have. Not sure what your other times are, but are they in the way? Otherwise... it may just be an issue with the site.

nope, no other conflicts. My other FP+ are 7:40 JOTLM and 8:40 parade.

Another option is you could attempt to start over for the day when you are checking, then you know you have no conflicts. But, you need to be willing to give up your other 2 if needed to get the 1 important one. If you do it this way, just make sure you don't hit the Done button on the screen with the 4 options, to make sure you don't overwrite what you already have unless you find something you like better.
http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showt...d-Modifying-FP&p=253234&viewfull=1#post253234

Good luck.

This sounds complicated but I suppose I could do that up to the step before it confirms just to see if anything comes up, and make a note of the time. Then I can go back just change one FP+ to that same time, and then switch that in a second step to the experience I really want. I'll report back if that works...

Anne

I've found the system won't show me fp times near ADRs in addition to times where there are other fp booked

Anne

Is it possible to make this a sticky? I only found it through a link in another thread and it is fabulous! !!!!!!!!

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
I am ok with that, but it is up to Josh to give it sticky status.

You may want to change the title to something more general, such as "Booking and Modifying FP+." Posting updates to the first post (with a date) helps first-time users too.

This is a great thread!