New Examples of Booking and Modifying FP+

Micah008

Staff member
You may want to change the title to something more general, such as "Booking and Modifying FP+." Posting updates to the first post (with a date) helps first-time users too.

This is a great thread!
I attempted to do this, but it doesn't appear that I can change the title of the thread (I just end up changing the first post, but it doesn't modify the actual title). Maybe this needs to be done by an admin/mod.

Nia

I don't think I said thanks! This was really helpful when I was booking my fp this morning!

Wendy

Wake me up at the end of the meal
Awesome post. We need Josh to allow this to be a sticky. We appreciate all your hard work on this Micah!

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
I'll bet Josh could change the title, and make it sticky at the same time.

R&RMom

Thanks Micah. Your tutorial was very helpful. Our FP+ window is coming up soon, so this was just in time:)

feeman

[h=1]I am about 20 days before my FP window opens and I am getting worried. I haven’t come up with my strategy and when I look at MDE and I don’t see certain things I get worried. We have a FD package for the week before Thanksgiving so I am hoping for low attendance and a good chance to get my valued FPs, A&E and the new mine ride.[/h][h=1][/h][h=1]When I am on MDE and I look at My Reservations and Tickets I see our package under hotel reservations and I see our tickets under Tickets and Passes. My concern comes from when I go to FP+ it shows DW as it is her account and under family and friend I only see a ticket from our previous trip that wasn’t used. When I hit select it only selects the old ticket.[/h][h=1][/h][h=1]Once I hit my 60 day window will my party be there to book FPs? Or do I need to link the tickets?[/h]

Rowan

My window opens tomorrow and I'm still not sure what I want but I have been rereading this and wanted to say thank you fit all the time you put into it. Even if I'm still worrying about what to book, I feel less confused about how to do it at least.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
My window opens tomorrow and I'm still not sure what I want but I have been rereading this and wanted to say thank you fit all the time you put into it. Even if I'm still worrying about what to book, I feel less confused about how to do it at least.

The only things you really have to book tomorrow are 7DMT and A&E. Plan your MK days, pick those (if you even want them), then relax for five more months. Seriously.

Micah008

Staff member
The only things you really have to book tomorrow are 7DMT and A&E. Plan your MK days, pick those (if you even want them), then relax for five more months. Seriously.
I wouldn't relax for that long... they will miss the trip :RpS_confused: (FP+ is 60 days).

You can actually wait after those two if you want, but I would still try to get the rest within the next few days to get the times you want. And there a few more hard to get ones... just not nearly as hard as those two.

Rowan

Those are the only two I'm super concerned with and I already told the kids we won't be able to meet A&E so that if we get one it's a great surprise, if we don't, they are cool with it. Actually, I told then that to do it we'd probably have to wait 3+ hours and they opted not to do that. They aren't used to waiting in lines at Disney, lol.

mlwilk

I just want to say Thank you for this post. I feel it helped me get my FP booked and get what I want. I was able to get 7DMT and A&E. 7DMT was for the 3rd day of our trip and A&E for 8th day. I know A & E was available for the 7th day and I think even the 6th.
I logged on at 1155 and kept hitting refresh until 1200 and booked!

heddyhm

I have been reading for hours. My question is: picking FP for MK... try for AE, 7D and ETWB. if only belle and say 7D are avail, will it let me have them without a 3rd FP selected? Can I then go back and try the single FP and copy option to add the rest of my party? I understand that option and how to do it, I am just confused if you can secure FP if you do not select 3 or if 1 or 2 are not available? I apologize if this has been answered, or if this is a duh question :RpS_smile: I have 2 days to FP.....super excited and SUPER nervous! Thanks!

cboyer

If you do that then it won't let you pick a 3rd later. Your better off picking a third one when you first book for something random and then changing it later to something you want.

Micah008

Staff member
I agree 100% with Cindy. The system is setup assuming you will make all 3, and I would recommend doing it that way even if you don't end up using the 3rd. To get 2 you have to setup 3 and then delete 1, and then after that you can't just add 1 more ... you have to overwrite the entire day (losing the 2 you wanted in the first place). So just making and keeping 3 is much better, even if one ends up being a waste.

Lilbuddy88

Oh my I'm doing the happy dance. I saw this post about three weeks ago and thought I bookmarked it so I could practice next week after we purchase our tickets but I apparently didn't. I've been googling like crazy trying to track it down again and finally found it again this morning. Thanks so much for this post I feel a little better prepared to attack my midnight fast pass session in two weeks. Anyway I would like your advise on how you would tackle making the following reservation:
party of 8
a&e(3 ppl)
space mountain (8)
splash mountain (5)
Peter Pan (8ppl)

ideally i know if I could book a&e, space, and Peter Pan for everyone then just go back and change the experience for the five that don't want a&e to splash would be the best route. But I think it's unlikely that 8 a&e will be available.

What at would you do?

MMDisney

I had that exact problem and needed to call to add in my other 2 for the day. IF you don't see what want for the whole family of 4 on the first try. Go try for one person to get AE and Mine Train and another random then copy to next person it will offer at least close to times of the first person. Then copy to next again close to time. That way I was able to get us all for overlapping times.

Micah008

Staff member
... Anyway I would like your advise on how you would tackle making the following reservation:
party of 8
a&e(3 ppl)
space mountain (8)
splash mountain (5)
Peter Pan (8ppl)

ideally i know if I could book a&e, space, and Peter Pan for everyone then just go back and change the experience for the five that don't want a&e to splash would be the best route. But I think it's unlikely that 8 a&e will be available.

What at would you do?
I haven't set things up for this large of a group yet, so no direct experience... but I think I would just setup the 3 people you want to have A&E first, and then go back and do the other 5. You shouldn't have any issue getting the same times for PP and Space as you did for the first 3, and you can even use the copy feature and then modify from there.