New Examples of Booking and Modifying FP+

durhamites

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere, but if you use your first three FP+ at one park and then hop to another park, can you get 4th and subsequent FP+ at a kiosk at the other park? And if you were to go to yet another park, could you get another FP+ at a kiosk there? In general I don't park hop so I'm unfamiliar with the process. Thanks!

Micah008

Staff member
Sorry if this is covered elsewhere, but if you use your first three FP+ at one park and then hop to another park, can you get 4th and subsequent FP+ at a kiosk at the other park? And if you were to go to yet another park, could you get another FP+ at a kiosk there? In general I don't park hop so I'm unfamiliar with the process. Thanks!
Yes, you can get your 4th (and beyond) at other parks once you have used your first 3 (or they expire).

J

JulieHFJ

Micah, this is an excellent guide. Today was the day my FP+ window opened and I was able to get exactly what I wanted when I wanted it, even though I'd never booked fast passes before. It was a snap! Thank you very much!

Momofpirates

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this post. Our FP+ date is almost here. I know we will use the computer to make them, but can my husband and I both be logged on with two different computers at the same time? We are running everything through his MDE account, so we would both be logged in to the same account. The only thing we want that should be hard to get is 7DMT (unless RoL is available, but that is a whole different thread), but I am not a night person and I want it done as quickly as possible.

Micah008

Staff member
Thank you so much for taking the time to do this post. Our FP+ date is almost here. I know we will use the computer to make them, but can my husband and I both be logged on with two different computers at the same time? We are running everything through his MDE account, so we would both be logged in to the same account. The only thing we want that should be hard to get is 7DMT (unless RoL is available, but that is a whole different thread), but I am not a night person and I want it done as quickly as possible.
I have heard this can work to be logged on to 2 different computers, but I haven't tried it personally. If you do try it, I would be very careful to make sure you weren't looking at the same date or you are even more likely to confuse their system.

We just start with the most important dates for us (usually MK later in the trip), and do them one at a time from there.

BeckyW

I can confirm it works - BJ and I were both logged in to my MDE account, he on his laptop, me on mine. I took the last 4 days of our trip, he handled the first 4 days and we met in the middle. :)

Momofpirates

I have heard this can work to be logged on to 2 different computers, but I haven't tried it personally. If you do try it, I would be very careful to make sure you weren't looking at the same date or you are even more likely to confuse their system.

We just start with the most important dates for us (usually MK later in the trip), and do them one at a time from there.

I can confirm it works - BJ and I were both logged in to my MDE account, he on his laptop, me on mine. I took the last 4 days of our trip, he handled the first 4 days and we met in the middle. :)

Thank you both! We won't try for the same days for sure. IF I can be up at midnight (big if), I think we will try it.

Micah008

Staff member
As of today the process of booking and modifying FP+ online has changed, and this sticky is now obsolete.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
As of today the process of booking and modifying FP+ online has changed, and this sticky is now obsolete.

What else has changed besides the ability to book additional FPP on a mobile device? Second park?

Anne

I've only taken a quick look at it, but it appears some nice functions are no longer there.

Kenny the pirate had a post with some screen shots of the new system this am

3dadknight

Yes, the ability to check availability at another park to change your FPs without cancelling your original selections has disappeared. For those of us who hop, this is a huge feature to lose.

Micah008

Staff member
I haven't played with it much yet, but even just setting up your first 3 is a very different process with different looking screens. (which is why I noted that this thread is now obsolete)

Micah008

Staff member
Efficiency has disappeared as well as flexibility. It is a much slower process now.

Typically I am not one to complain... but after playing with this for the last 20 min I am not impressed.

It was harder to select the right people in my group because it didn't put the people who are "Family" and the ones that actually have tickets at the top, so I had to go find them all in the list of people I have linked (over 20 family/friends I have helped).

Once I setup the first on a day, and then went to go setup a 2nd one it didn't help me at all with not overlapping the first one, or even showing the time it was at. Normally it wouldn't even give you options that don't work, but now it lets you try, and then at the last step says it will overwrite.

Anyway... you can still get everything done... and a few things are better (not starting with 'random' times) but overall the process is indeed slower.

D

Deleted member 832

Yes, the ability to check availability at another park to change your FPs without cancelling your original selections has disappeared. For those of us who hop, this is a huge feature to lose.

No it hasn't. I tried it just this morning and it worked exactly as it always did

D

Deleted member 832

I found something else that is small but I miss
There is no longer a map that shows all 3 FP at once.
At least I haven't found it if it is still there.
I can only find where it shows a single FP when you go in to modify that FP

Micah008

Staff member

No it hasn't. I tried it just this morning and it worked exactly as it always did

I agree you can still do this, just pretend you are setting up a new day of FP+ ("Add FastPass+" button), but pick the same date you are looking at, but pick a different park. It will tell you that you can only make them at 1 park per day, but you can click "Continue with this Guest" to see what is available, then "Start Over" to not actually change anything.

...It was harder to select the right people in my group because it didn't put the people who are "Family" and the ones that actually have tickets at the top, so I had to go find them all in the list of people I have linked (over 20 family/friends I have helped)....
They clearly must have tested this out with just a couple people in the list since the Next button to continue is only at the very bottom of the screen... even if you just want to select yourself, you will have to scroll all the way down to the bottom anyway just to continue to the next screen. Why have a separate "friend" and "family" group, and then not use it?

...Once I setup the first on a day, and then went to go setup a 2nd one it didn't help me at all with not overlapping the first one, or even showing the time it was at. Normally it wouldn't even give you options that don't work, but now it lets you try, and then at the last step says it will overwrite...
One nice benefit of this is that you can see all of the other available times, even if they overlap, but it does make it very easy to accidentally overlap with ones you have already.

I did find that you can click on "My Plans" at the top to remind yourself what else you already have, but it isn't visible on the same screen as the new one you are booking, and it shows you the plans for all days, so you have to do some searching anyway. A post-it would be easier.