New iPhone camera - who doesn't NEED it?

AngiTN

Oh heck yeah. I'm already making plans. I had a little bit of a balance on my current 7+. Went online to Verizon and paid it off.
It's destined to be DGD's future phone. At first I was thinking, that's nuts to give her this phone as her first phone but then I realized, I can't get her any other phone cheaper than the pay off on this one since there's only a month left on it.
So the 10sMax shall be MINE! All mine!

bnoble

he's right
My 6 (with a recently replaced battery for $29) is perfectly fine. I may switch phones soon, but only if I switch to Google Fi for my carrier, in which case I'll buy a Pixel.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
My 6 (with a recently replaced battery for $29) is perfectly fine. I may switch phones soon, but only if I switch to Google Fi for my carrier, in which case I'll buy a Pixel.
I also still have my four-year old 6, and it’s working just fine. I took advantage of the battery replacement offer last year as well. When support for apps goes away, I’ll upgrade. There are other things I’d rather spend (or save) my money on (or for).

AngiTN

Well I'm not as strong as y'all. My pre-order to make my pre-order is ready to go tonight at 3:00am Eastern. Not looking forward to getting up to place my order but you gotta do what you gotta do, lol

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
All three of us have the iPhone 7 and while there are great improvements with the Xs or even the Xr, it's hard to justify close to $4,000 for phones to replace the ones we have which are working great. We could almost buy a MacBook Pro for each of us for the same price, and get at least 5 years of use out of them.

We upgraded from iPhone 6 to iPhone 7 when Verizon ran a promo offering $600 trade in credit on iPhone 6. If they did something similar we might consider it, but otherwise we're sticking with what we've got.

mgarbowski

I have the X, and I consider that a major upgrade over prior versions. I skipped the 7, and went from 6 to X. The jump from X to Xs seems both small and expensive. I have almost never bought consecutive models, though I have not gone as long as some people here have. When I'm done with one it either gets a new battery and handed down to someone else or sold for whatever I can get at the time. iPhones are a bit like cars in that you can keep them for a long time and get close to nothing for your trade-in, or upgrade regularly and your old model gives a heftier subsidy towards the new one (though no matter what you don't come out ahead).

AngiTN

The camera is what got me, quite honestly. And the full screen. Having the same size phone but a larger screen (with my old eyes) and a better camera for photos was what pushed me to wake up at 3:00 am this morning and place my order. I'll have mine (gold) in my hand next Friday. I looked at the delivery dates when I woke up this morning (for good) and I did make the right decision to wake up to place my order. It's a month out, at least, for the Max

They aren't getting me to upgrade my watch from the 3 to the 4. Even though had the 4 been around 5 years ago, it may have caught the Afib in time to avoid me ending up in ICU and the hospital for 10 days when I ended up in a Thyroid storm due to undiagnosed Graves

Samy1000

Like Mark I made the jump from 6 to X. A lot of nice upgrades but also a few annoyances (I do miss thumb ID).

However, the camera swag of the XS does seem amazing Angie!

isabellea

I have the SE and my battery barely lasts a few hours now so looking at switching to the Xs soon. Very soon!

The 5 was perfection for dexterity. I didn't even mind the square edge, in fact it possibly added to a sure grip lessening the need for a bulky case.
I had the 6 with 128GB in a 5se housing which i loved until being gifted an 8 with 256GB last year. Bigger screen, quick & much longer charge but truly miss the feel of the classic.

Honestly both get the job done pretty well for me so extra cost in my case seems a waste but this phone should last me well into the '20s, lol.

AngiTN

Something I've come to love (LOVE) about the new camera, no lag time. You tap the button and it take a photo right then
I can't tell you how many shots I missed over the years from shutter lag
That alone is almost worth the cost (almost)