New MK Ticketed Event according to WDW News Today

CathyB

WDW News Today via their twitter (@WDWNT) just announced that WDW had said they are offering a "Disney After Hours" event at MK only on select nights in April and May. Tickets are $149/per person plus tax and allow people access to MK for 3 hours after its closing time. They said tickets go on sale April 6th. Dates are: April 14th, 21st, 28th and May 5th, 8th, 12th and 19th. They did not link to a story nor have much more info other than that...

tlseege

I really want to know if this is $150 for the three hours after the park closes, or $150 includes your 1-day Magic Kingdom Park ticket.

Kazmom

Wow. We will be there one of those dates, but I don't know that I could pay an extra $450 for the three of us to spend another 3 hours in the park! They would have to roll out a really good dessert party, extra fireworks and I don't know what else to make that worth it for me!

tlseege

I'm there for a work conference and I think I'm going to buy this ticket for April 14th. Pure insanity... but I want to see why they are charging this much! ha!

Only problem is, the park is already open until 11. That means this extends it to 2am. I will be running the Star Wars 5k and have to get on the shuttle at 4am! That should be interesting.

jillyb

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversa
I really want to know if this is $150 for the three hours after the park closes, or $150 includes your 1-day Magic Kingdom Park ticket.
It's $150.00 for the three hours after the park closes. They are basically charging you for an evening EMH.

simbasmom

Am I correct in thinking that this is similar to the old E-ticket nights that I participated in around 2002. Back then my ticket cost <$14 (still have the flyer). Even with inflation, $149 had better include a lot more.

Anne

I can totally see people paying to do this if they severely limit the number of tickets sold. If you had 3 hrs of unlimited no line access to characters and rides it would be similar to people paying $300 to do a daytime group VIP tour. I've found regular late nights and end of EMH nights to have mostly everything as a walk on anyway so I can't see the value in paying $150 to do this on a different night. But if you could ride mine train, Peter pan etc with no wait and multiple times, or meet Gaston or A and E without a line I could see people falling over themselves to do this. But if they sell as many tickets as the Halloween or Christmas party then it becomes twice as expensive for half the time and unlikely to be very popular.

Snickers

Am I correct in thinking that this is similar to the old E-ticket nights that I participated in around 2002. Back then my ticket cost <$14 (still have the flyer). Even with inflation, $149 had better include a lot more.
I don't exactly know why, the price but I remember for those was ~$25 (maybe for both of us). I also liked those nights.

I also remember the "Pirates and Princess" Party nights several years ago. WDW's attempt to carry the Halloween and Christmas party season into Jan/Feb. It had it's own parade and castle show.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
"Leave $10?! The check is only $1.50! For that kind of tip I could get the waitress to sleep with me!"
-Woody Allen, Broadway Danny Rose

Momofpirates

DH & I went to the Pirate and Princess party on our anniversary trip one year, and we liked it. I would much rather they do something like that and charge for it than this. $150 is more than a 1-day park ticket, for crying out loud, and you only get 3 hours. IF they would only sell 1000 tickets or something, it might be "worth it" for those who could afford it, but I'm sure they won't limit the tickets enough to make it worth the price.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
This is probably one of those "we don't have all of the details" sorts of things. I'm not saying I'm rushing out to buy a ticket, but I don't think we're talking about just three hours of Astro Orbiter here.

tentex

Yep and consider this. Think of the rope drops Josh has shown with about 1,000 folks. How did those few effect 7dwarfs and PP? My guess is the top rides will still have waits. I don't think many that pay that are going to be fighting to get on small world. Also consider in one's mind your thinking, " need to get my monies worth". Hence you would be running around like the proverbial headless chicken, probably landing in bed after 4 a.m..How you going to feel the next day. Yes I agree Josh there will be many suckers....oops I mean takers.