New WDW Annual Pass Sales Paused

Anne

Ugh! We will be there 12/20 with a park pass for MK. Why 12/20 but not the rest of the week, it seems random Monday is at capacity but the rest of the week isn't?

cboyer

It is the year for me to buy my AP, but I usually do it in Jan before the price increase. Hopefully they will be available again before then.

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
It is the year for me to buy my AP, but I usually do it in Jan before the price increase. Hopefully they will be available again before then.
I was LITERALLY, earlier in the day, wondering about buying two annual pass vouchers to lock in the price. They have to be redeemed within 12 months or all you get is the value you paid for them, and I couldn't guarantee we'd be down in the next 12 months because of *everything* so I passed.

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag

Do you really think when they come back they won‘t be at a higher price?!

uPR4b2Al.jpg

cboyer

Do you really think when they come back they won‘t be at a higher price?!

uPR4b2Al.jpg
Very true. In the past price increase usually hits in jan/feb time frame, but they will probably do that when they bring it back. Any excuse to raise it.

cboyer

I was LITERALLY, earlier in the day, wondering about buying two annual pass vouchers to lock in the price. They have to be redeemed within 12 months or all you get is the value you paid for them, and I couldn't guarantee we'd be down in the next 12 months because of *everything* so I passed.
Kicking myself for not buying them earlier as well.

Anne

I just spent 3 hrs between talking with ticketing and being on hold (while I chopped and prepared for Thanksgiving) because I thought for sure there would be exceptions. Long story, we were told previously because our passes expired during the shut down in 2020 that the kids were "grandfathered" in and we could get them APs even when new sales were suspended, but needed to do it with Guest relations at the park if we wanted to convert the unused NE tickets to AP. But it was no problem to wait because we were "guaranteed". I now regret not just purchasing them outright when I bought mine. Because apparently there are no exceptions even for a reasonable explanation for the delay in purchase. I was told by the supervisor that there is a "hard stop" on any AP sales that are not renewals and there is no override for even a manager to use.

It should still be ok, at least we still have their partially used NE tickets and only have 4 days in the park for December so maybe it's for the best, to get an AP next year. But yikes, if we only had unused child tickets we'd have a park pass but no valid ticket for the 10 year old, and one of our park days (12/20) is also on the new block out dates for regular tickets as well. I guess maybe that would be the deciding point where we would know we shouldn't take this December trip.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
I would try Guest Services at least once a day and explain your situation, how hard things have been, how long you've been a passholder, how much it means to you, how devastated you are, etc. It's not like they threw the annual pass machine in the back and beat it up Office Space style. They can still do it on the DL. They don't advertise it and they don't want to. And don't accuse them of being able to or they won't. But if you are about the saddest person in the world they may be able to do something.

Anne

I would try Guest Services at least once a day and explain your situation, how hard things have been, how long you've been a passholder, how much it means to you, how devastated you are, etc. It's not like they threw the annual pass machine in the back and beat it up Office Space style. They can still do it on the DL. They don't advertise it and they don't want to. And don't accuse them of being able to or they won't. But if you are about the saddest person in the world they may be able to do something.

Good advice, thank you. My husband is much better at this than I am. Literally every time we need some kind of accommodation at WDW or from anyone on the phone he gets a yes. I should send him and my younger son, they are the more charming members of our family.

Anne

One other question, do you think the CMs on the phone could make an exception and I should try having my husband call, or are their hands truly tied and it is likely only parks guest services who have this ability? Both CMs on the phone I could hear dogs and kids in the background, they appeared to be part of Disney's 3rd party gig work phone centers. I felt really bad for the first CM, like she was terrified to have to give me an answer I didn't want to hear. They were probably getting irate calls all day.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Your chances would be infinitely higher in person. I've been standing there to renew a Tables in Wonderland card or something and it's amazing what people can get. On the phone, it's real easy to hold the company line.

Micah008

Staff member
From my past experience, your best bet is in person, specifically at the Disney Springs Guest Services. I know they have made exceptions in the past when APs were not for sale, especially people who are prior AP holders and/or had cancelled APs due to the pandemic closures.

Anne

sometimes the universe tries to send us a message...
I've been mulling this over. If my son said he didn't want to go, that would be an easy decision. The poor guy, he loves going to Disney so he wants to go, but it's also raising his anxiety level. If he were a toddler I could step in and feel comfortable "making all the decisions for him" because that's my job as a parent and he doesn't know "what's best for him". He's a precocious 10 and is at the point where he is sorting through some of this on his own. We are trying to provide support as we can, but also let him have the space to work through what he needs to work through. But he is still 10, so his decision making process is far from mature and it's a lot of money to spend on a vacation. You can't easily turn around and go home if it turns out to be more overwhelming than anticipated.

josh

Administrator
Staff member
You might take a look at SeaWorld during the "off-season." And if possible, mostly weekdays, followed by a Saturday, and then get out. You'll want to check the schedule for the shows to make sure they offer what you want to see and potentially consider one or two of the tours, which either are currently or will be marked down for the upcoming holidays. Their holiday program, which is included with admission, is almost unmatched. And you can get one annual pass for discounts, parking, etc. and then the much cheaper fun cards as long as the blockout dates aren't an issue:

He may also gain some confidence that way. Note that their roller coasters are quite a serious bump from anything Disney offers. So that may be a deterrent. But if you agree not to go then it shouldn't be as bad and he may be up for some of it.