New WDW Annual Passes Announced

Mrs Darling

So this may not be the best time for me to buy an AP for the first time, but...is there still any wisdom in getting a regular ticket and upgrading it to an AP? Or just get the AP when it becomes available? We are coming in late October and will have a car, so will need the parking benefit the first time we drive in.
The only “trick” we’ve used before is to buy discounted tickets through a reseller, use them for a day, and then upgrade. they upgraded from the regular price ticket to AP. So you basically save whatever the discount was on a 5 day ticket or whatever. If you have to pay the parking fee, it may or may not be worth the hassle for a smallish discount (between the day 1 parking cost and having to line up at the ticket window - which we did on our way out on our first early night so we weren’t cutting into touring time.) Also, that was 4 years ago now, so you may want someone else to comment on whether they still do that.

DopeyRunr

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts f
So this may not be the best time for me to buy an AP for the first time, but...is there still any wisdom in getting a regular ticket and upgrading it to an AP? Or just get the AP when it becomes available? We are coming in late October and will have a car, so will need the parking benefit the first time we drive in.

According to Tom Bricker, you *should* be able to do this. I'm not sure the savings is worth the hassle unless you're buying a whole bunch of annual passes. My experience upgrading discounted tickets and getting the correct valuation has been hit-or-miss, and when it missed, it cost us a ton of time and we ended up not saving any money.

Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 7.14.20 AM.png

Last edited:

midtowngirl

Thanks everyone. Upgrading on the last day would not help my parking situation, and totally agree with the saving time/money balance. I am taking a chance here that I'll get my "value" out of it, but committed that I was going to do an AP this year and want to give it a shot!