New Welcome Show at MK during RR refurb

Art Vandelay

that's a shame
Disboards reporting that with the new show, heaviest crowds are lining up at the ropes to 7DMT (to the right of the castle) and Tomorrowland. No surprise there.
I wonder if that means the crowds at the internal rope drops will be worse than they were with the train station show? When the show was out front, it was hectic getting through the tunnels but by the time you got near the hub it was pretty easy to move. Then from the internal rope drop to our first ride was a fats walk but not crazy crowded.

Redhed_2001

Ugh. We had booked 8:05 BOG specifically so that we could do 7DMT and then go on to Peter Pan relatively unscathed. Now that the masses are that much closer, looks like we will have to pick either or cut something else out of our morning next month. Curious to see what Josh suggests.

Without double dipping our 2 favorite rides, I'm not particularly keen to pay $75 for 3 Croissant Doughnuts....
Indeed! I didn't mind the premium when it offered an advantage but now? Ugh!

Everyone's allowed in at 07h45?!

I wonder how many people will drop their "PPO" ADRs as a result since they can get 5$ coffees instead of 25$ eggs at BOG for the same advantage, which in fact won't be an advantage at all with everyone else being much closer to the lands of their choice from the get-go.

Redhed_2001

Ya'll gotta love this new "breakfast" offering from The Plaza Ice cream Shop

Plaza ice cream breakfast
Mickey waffle plate: typed with powder sugar, strawberry toping and side of bacon
Doughnut sundae: Krispy Kreme glazed doughnut with cinnamon apple topping, one scoop of ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate chips. Peanut butter chips, hot fudge topping, milk chocolate mickey ears and a cherry
Assorted cereal served in souvenir sink
Glaze doughnuts, muffin, and assorted fruit

There are also breakfast additions at Casey's and a cart of pastries and coffee at the Partner's statue
Just what we want to be eating before boarding Space Mountain! Lol!

KathyNY

Now, the earliest you could arrive at Mine Train is like 9:02am. Before, I would be there around 8:52am as they would let people start walking up Main Street at the conclusion of the Welcome, which was about 8:47am.

But I'm back in Orlando tomorrow and will check it out.
Someone on a FB group I'm on had a PPO BOG yesterday. Said they were outside at 7DMT at 8:59 and the standby line was already posted at 50 mins and people were in the line.

Now, obviously she didn't know good strategy or she would have been out there by 8:40, but fwiw...

I await your knowledgeable reporting, el jefe!! Hope you enjoyed your trip!

revolutionj10

We just did rp for EMH. They didn't let anyone into the park until 7:45 then guests with ppo reservations were sent to the left to check in and the on site guests where sent to the right to wait at ropes for tomorrow land and fantasy land. Fantasyland had the largest crowd of course and they walked everyone to mine train at 758. We went to pp instead and walked right on.

Hope this helps!

D

Deleted member 832

We just did rp for EMH. They didn't let anyone into the park until 7:45 then guests with ppo reservations were sent to the left to check in and the on site guests where sent to the right to wait at ropes for tomorrow land and fantasy land. Fantasyland had the largest crowd of course and they walked everyone to mine train at 758. We went to pp instead and walked right on.

Hope this helps!
Did you happen to notice/see any non on site guests around? Wondering what they are doing with them

abuck75

having done RD many times, but never EMH, How much less crowded is it? Meaning does going to PP first make sense from the standpoint that the line will wind down at 7DMT by 8:10 and make it easier to ride than 8:00 AM?

revolutionj10

There was no second check of onsite guests so my guess would be that they are not admitting offsite guests initially.

As far as the 7dmt line winding down, it's been over an hour posted since it opened pretty much.

D

Deleted member 832

having done RD many times, but never EMH, How much less crowded is it? Meaning does going to PP first make sense from the standpoint that the line will wind down at 7DMT by 8:10 and make it easier to ride than 8:00 AM?
No, 7DMT does not wind down. Till closing at least. It just builds.

abuck75

No, 7DMT does not wind down. Till closing at least. It just builds.
Thanks, I knew that was always the case during regular operations, wasn't sure if there was a lull during the one EMH as I've never taken a part of that. Sounds like RD to 7DMT might actually be worse on an EMH then. I know the one 8AM regular open we were there last February we rode it twice at RD before 8:25, so I hoped EMH could be similar.

EDIT: Wow, completely forgot how great that day was until I looked at my post from last year. DS7(now 8) got to ride 7DMT 8 times by 1:00 with only one RS coming into the day. Will be interesting if DS3(now 4) still wants to do other stuff allowing us to rider swap a bunch this year.

Last edited:

Momof8

I'm still hoping my 8am at BOG will get me on 7DMT before the crowds get there!! I think I'd still rather get back at BOG and be sitting and eating instead of standing and waiting and being pushed and shoved! We will be there in 3 weeks on a Sunday morning. Complicated now with 3 family members meeting up with us who don't have BOG reservations. sigh.

Erika

Ok...jumping back into these forums since we have trip planned again!! YAY!!...and did not read whole thread...but agree w poster who said that the Welcome show always made me cry too...And my youngest sings the 'Good Morning Good Morning" song all the time....Please tell me the song stayed in the show???? (Was funny too with my oldest realized it was a song about staying out all night!!! :)

Anne

No good morning song :-(
You can listen to the song for free if you have amazon prime. Maybe I'll just play it on my headphones while watching the new show ;-)

KathyNY

Random (and super important!!) question...

Is the Barber Shop open during the new RD/peruse Main St. situation?

We want to get pixie dust this trip but I'm not walking my butt alllllllllll the way down Main St. for it in the middle of my precisely planned tour! :) I'd like to get it over early...

Micah008

Staff member
For those who miss the family of the day... we noticed today that Hollywood Studios now has a Family of the Day. Not nearly as cool as the MK one was, but something anyway.

Micah008

Staff member
Random (and super important!!) question...

Is the Barber Shop open during the new RD/peruse Main St. situation?

We want to get pixie dust this trip but I'm not walking my butt alllllllllll the way down Main St. for it in the middle of my precisely planned tour! :) I'd like to get it over early...
I looked this morning, and the Barber Shop was not open before the official park opening. There was even a family sitting outside at 8:40 or so... and they said they would open at 9.

KathyNY

I looked this morning, and the Barber Shop was not open before the official park opening. There was even a family sitting outside at 8:40 or so... and they said they would open at 9.
Dang!

But thank you so much for looking and reporting back!!!

So what was your plan this morning? What land did you line up at, where we're you headed?