October dates

Mego713

Planning an anniversary trip in October and can't decide if we want to visit during the first part of DH's week off, or the last part. Debating SAT-TUES (Oct 13-16) or THURS-SUN (Oct 18-21). I don't think crowds will be different (someone correct me if I'm wrong), but hotels are definitely cheaper for the first part of the week. Am I missing something that makes this a no brainer decision? We will drive and have park hoppers, so will be flexible with park plans. Is there an advantage (or disadvantage) that I'm missing in picking one date over the other?

George

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tag
Planning an anniversary trip in October and can't decide if we want to visit during the first part of DH's week off, or the last part. Debating SAT-TUES (Oct 13-16) or THURS-SUN (Oct 18-21). I don't think crowds will be different (someone correct me if I'm wrong), but hotels are definitely cheaper for the first part of the week. Am I missing something that makes this a no brainer decision? We will drive and have park hoppers, so will be flexible with park plans. Is there an advantage (or disadvantage) that I'm missing in picking one date over the other?

Columbus Day Weekend sees a spike in attendance, but it's not horrible. Take a look at www.yourfirstvisit.net for "best weeks" charts.

josh

Administrator
Staff member

tiggr88

prefers quisp over quake
Are you planning to go to Epcot for F&W? Going Thurs - Sun means Epcot morning hours 8 AM on Thursday or weekend dates to avoid. Going Sat - Tues gives you a better day on Monday to visit. Not sure what your overall plans are though.

Mego713

Thanks for the input. We are staying offsite so I was comparing those prices. Who knows why it was different! We are definitely hittting up F&W so that’s a good point about the weekday. Thanks!