OKW Room Request?

Strangeite

There are particular buildings at OKW that we prefer and have always successfully used the Touring Plans Room Request service. I don't currently have a subscription and figured I would just fax the request myself, however, I have just learned that OKW doesn't accept faxed requests.

How does Touring Plans submit requests?

bnoble

he's right
There is at least some speculation that they don't. (Or at least the mechanism they use no longer works.)

George

The ratio of people to cake is too big.
There are particular buildings at OKW that we prefer and have always successfully used the Touring Plans Room Request service. I don't currently have a subscription and figured I would just fax the request myself, however, I have just learned that OKW doesn't accept faxed requests.

How does Touring Plans submit requests?
I'm really not sure how they submit requests anymore; their site says fax, but they do it now 30 days before check-in. For my last two trips, I just had DVC put the request on the reservations, and was satisfied with the results.

Strangeite

There is at least some speculation that they don't. (Or at least the mechanism they use no longer works.)

I haven't used it since October 2020, but at that point and earlier it worked because I always got the exact building and floor I requested.
Perhaps half a dozen times.

I'm really not sure how they submit requests anymore; their site says fax, but they do it now 30 days before check-in. For my last two trips, I just had DVC put the request on the reservations, and was satisfied with the results.

Were they general requests or specific buildings?

George

The ratio of people to cake is too big.
Were they general requests or specific buildings?
I requested specific buildings (SS in March, 2022; and Poly in May, 2022), as well as highest floor possible (I got top floor both times), in that order. I didn't narrow it down to room numbers.

Micah008

Staff member
I have also requested through DVC and am typically happy with the results (nothing is guaranteed of course).

I would make a general request like the George suggested for the buildings you prefer.