Opinions on AK end of day short visit

lawgman

Is this realistic to get done at AK during a very short end of day visit at the end of August?

End of August. Official Hours are 8am to 7pm. (I was hoping it would be open until 8pm but it looks like the hours are going to shorter)

We want to do a pool morning. We also want to avoid the hottest of the hot hours of the mid afternoon. As a result, we would be at the park for the last 2.5 hours or so because of the early 7pm close time. This would be our only visit to AK. Have not been since Pandora opening so that would be priority.

I will purchase FOP LL at 7:00am

I will also purchase G+, book and then stack the rides for end of day (i.e. book every 2 hours after opening).

Arrive at AK around 4:30(ish)
Ride Dinosaur (G+ stack)
Ride Safari (G+ stack)
Ride FOP (Ind LL)
Ride River Journey (G+ Stack)
(order for above will vary based on timing of G+)

Eat at 6:45pm mobile order Satu’li

Essentially, it would be riding 4 rides over 2 hours. I feel like the above is doable if I can time the G+ rides (and it’s a big if) as I can only start stacking once one of my rides has a return time late enough.

Thoughts?

hizouse

I think so, though it certainly would be nice to have the FOP, Navi, and Safari windows in close succession.
Looks like recently the return time has hit 4 pm for the rides at the following times:
11 am - Navi (meaning around 11 am you could pull a Navi G+ reservation with a return time of 4 pm)
2 pm - Dinosaur
4 pm - Safari--looks like the return times may reach 4 pm earlier in the day but they have a couple drops around 12:45 and 3:15 that refresh availability and it's pretty close to simultaneous in the late afternoon and early evening; keep an eye on this one.

You obviously want to ride Dinosaur first or last; I think I'd get Navi first and then wait for a 4ish Dinosaur to do first. If the timing doesn't work out for Safari, you could do it after you eat at Satuli.

lawgman

I think so, though it certainly would be nice to have the FOP, Navi, and Safari windows in close succession.
Looks like recently the return time has hit 4 pm for the rides at the following times:
11 am - Navi (meaning around 11 am you could pull a Navi G+ reservation with a return time of 4 pm)
2 pm - Dinosaur
4 pm - Safari--looks like the return times may reach 4 pm earlier in the day but they have a couple drops around 12:45 and 3:15 that refresh availability and it's pretty close to simultaneous in the late afternoon and early evening; keep an eye on this one.

You obviously want to ride Dinosaur first or last; I think I'd get Navi first and then wait for a 4ish Dinosaur to do first. If the timing doesn't work out for Safari, you could do it after you eat at Satuli.
Thanks. This is helpful.

My post put the rides in my ideal order; per your note, I am hoping to ride Dinosaur first.

I had been looking at Thrill Data for when to pull the (virtual) passes but the hour earlier closing time in August (7pm instead of current 8pm) made me uncertain as to how that will translate. I assume it will be similar enough but guess I will start looking at the data the week before and adjust from there.

Disneyfan

Thanks. This is helpful.

My post put the rides in my ideal order; per your note, I am hoping to ride Dinosaur first.

I had been looking at Thrill Data for when to pull the (virtual) passes but the hour earlier closing time in August (7pm instead of current 8pm) made me uncertain as to how that will translate. I assume it will be similar enough but guess I will start looking at the data the week before and adjust from there.
Thanks to both of you! I always forget about Thrill Data. We will be at WDW end of July/first of August. I need to get planning!